YesNoOk

Capcom VS Marvel Vs DC Vs SNK: Turbo X (Read 12518 times)

Started by Liquorandchicken, December 17, 2011, 06:02:19 am
Share this topic:
Capcom VS Marvel Vs DC Vs SNK: Turbo X
#1  December 17, 2011, 06:02:19 am
I've been knowing about MUGEN when they first debut. I'm not a gamer like that but I so happened to get back to MUGEN because I was bored and had alot of spare time. So I made this screenpack. For all you MUGEN-Headz I need your honest opinons on how I can improve this SCREENPACK judging by the pics. I'm just an amateur, I just start messing with sh*t so I put my graphic design experience to the test and came out with this. Took me 2 - 3 days still incomplete. 32 CHARS. 10 BONUS CHARS. I PLAN TO ADD BOSS SECRET SLOTS TO (PROBABLY 10). The Base MUGEN that edit was from "MUGEN FREE FOR ALL BATTLE" some sh*t like that. Will put it up for DOWNLOAD if any of yall want it.

TITLE:

SELECT:

VERSUS:

LIFEBARS (YES ITS THE MVC3 LIFEBARS I JUST ADDED SOMETHING TO IT):

OPTION SCREEN:

I'VE DONE EVERYTHING MYSELF SHOUTS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THE THINGS THAT I EDITED
NEED OPINONS & TIPS TO IMPROVE!!! RATE 1-10
Re: Capcom VS Marvel Vs DC Vs SNK: Turbo X
#2  December 17, 2011, 06:04:35 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Those select portraits are like so fucking awesome..

and omg thx for the downlowd, such a cool game, cant believe you work harded on it for a whole 2 days, im impressed :sugoi:
#3  December 17, 2011, 11:29:53 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Ummm...isn't that the MVC3 Lifebars with a minor edit or so?

Though everything else looks ok.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#4  December 17, 2011, 11:35:58 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
What's with people's fascination for cells so thin you can barely see who the characters are?
#5  December 17, 2011, 02:51:47 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm not trying to bash you here, I'm just giving constructive criticism.

As far as the screenpack goes, this looks like a decent mish-mash of different elements that you edited. From a glance, it's apparent that you edited those MvC3 lifebars by placing "turbo" above the timer. It looks decent, but judging from your editing of the select screen (more on that in a second), this could use some more work. It's not that bad for what you did.

The select screen looks pretty badass. My only gripe here is the size of the select screen face portraits: they're a little too thin, which could equate to some more space that could be out to some good use. This is easily the best part of your offering as it's the most original part of the entire screenpack.

And those giant portraits.... That's a nice touch, but your conversion process could use a little more touching up. If you zoom in and carefully inspect Wolverine's pixels, theres some garbage/off-colored pixels left over from your free-transformation process as well as lack of coheshive edges around him (zoom into the blue stripes on his chest and you'll see some bright pixels that should be edited). Also look at his shoulder between his claws.... That gradient is a little too bright for an edge that borders a portrait. There's also unnecessary white pixels around the bottom left edge of Wolverine's head. Clean those up for further detailing. Those should have been taken care of before making a solid presentation.

For the title screen, I'd make sure to separate your wordings a bit as they look a little too cluttered. Fit in "versus" in between everything as it now reads like "Marvel Capcom vs DC SNK Turbo." I do like the nod to SF2 Turbo if that's what you were aiming for. Not too bad here.

And lastly, did you get permission to use these characters?? It's that annoying question that has to be asked, but only out of respect to the original authors. Especially if you're going to officially release this.

Overall, I like your look. Tweak a few things to further push your creativity and you have a nice compilation on your hands.

I say a 7 out of 10.

And I would seriously advise against saying "some shit like that" when mentioning another persons screenpack. But that's just me. It just sounds plain disrespectful.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:00:39 pm by Saikoro
#6  December 17, 2011, 03:36:58 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
also no lifebar portrait on the lifebar you edit there
#7  December 17, 2011, 06:04:41 pm
  • the second life is the best
you should add a background on the option screen.
i'm not sure you should post here without a download link?
#8  December 17, 2011, 08:43:28 pm
@Saikoro now as far as the the things you said about the SP and the stuff i need to improve, I took all of it in because I'm an open person. Now as far as being disrespectful, I believe that in this "MUGEN" community theres alot of people that take this gaming sh*t to serious. I'm one of them people that been knowing about mugen when they first debut on the net. Years later which is now, I wanted to see how far MUGEN made it. That's how this SP came about and I just learned how to edit ports, and all the other things. I really don't care if I'm being disrespectful. You need to look at the point where I gave the people a shout out/mention in the first place. I could understand if people was getting paid to make these MUGEN games but most people just do it for fun and some may get paid for doing it IDK. In this "MUGEN" community I respect everybody thats in it. You can state your opinons about anything but don't tell me I'm being disrespectful. KEEP IT STRICTLY MUGEN in this forum. I didn't make an account on "DISRESPECTFUL GUILD" Thanks for the rate I will improve on it. I'm not an asshole, I'm a cool dude. I've been knowing about MUGEN but I'm an rookie when it comes down to this editing and making the sh*t for MUGEN.

@Wargame-KUN as I mentioned b4 im just a rookie. Me personally I like the MVC3 LB w/o the Ports. I haven't got to the point to teach myself how to edit LBs or make some from scratch. THE SP is INCOMPLETE like I said. but thanks for the obvious tip.
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:47:41 pm by Liquorandchicken
#9  December 17, 2011, 08:49:29 pm
@ecthelionv2 YES there are, I've mentioned that. Im working on trying to make LBs from scratch the SP is INCOMPLETE. but thanks
@Mr. Santa Detective to my eye vision there straight not the best some say I should make em bigger. I amde many SPs and I wanted to do something different from my other ones. this is the first SP that I actually let the public see.
@Red hood I might add a BG to the option. I'm not going to put an incomplete SP up for DL yet im asking for opinons which I like to thank you for. It would'nt be different if I would posted it in any other place. It was going to be posted either way. I just wanted it to be seen so I could get the opinons faster instead of putting it in general discussion.
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:55:17 pm by Liquorandchicken
#10  December 17, 2011, 09:08:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
for some reason this thread was on information, twice, I merged both threads into this one.

Happy releases.
#11  December 18, 2011, 01:54:29 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Saikoro now as far as the the things you said about the SP and the stuff i need to improve, I took all of it in because I'm an open person. Now as far as being disrespectful, I believe that in this "MUGEN" community theres alot of people that take this gaming sh*t to serious. I'm one of them people that been knowing about mugen when they first debut on the net. Years later which is now, I wanted to see how far MUGEN made it. That's how this SP came about and I just learned how to edit ports, and all the other things. I really don't care if I'm being disrespectful. You need to look at the point where I gave the people a shout out/mention in the first place. I could understand if people was getting paid to make these MUGEN games but most people just do it for fun and some may get paid for doing it IDK. In this "MUGEN" community I respect everybody thats in it. You can state your opinons about anything but don't tell me I'm being disrespectful. KEEP IT STRICTLY MUGEN in this forum. I didn't make an account on "DISRESPECTFUL GUILD" Thanks for the rate I will improve on it. I'm not an asshole, I'm a cool dude. I've been knowing about MUGEN but I'm an rookie when it comes down to this editing and making the sh*t for MUGEN.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. I was just commenting on the small details I noticed (Staring at pixels all day while editing portraits forces you to notice small details) as you clearly stated us thread viewers to do:

So I made this screenpack. For all you MUGEN-Headz I need your honest opinons on how I can improve this SCREENPACK judging by the pics.

And mention things how you like, as in saying "Other people's shit." Everyone types and discuses differently. No issues there and I get that. But if you look at some of the more professional creators out there, they type with a somewhat professional writing prose.

Alas, I'd like to see how your elements in your creation look in motion as this compilation looks pretty cool. Are you going to supply us with a video or an actual link??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:58:04 am by Saikoro
#12  December 18, 2011, 02:19:37 am
@Saikoro Everything is all good man, I'm not angry thats just the form of language I so happen to use. I know how to be professional at times. I get everything you stated but I don't want people taking my swearing for granted thinking I don't give a F*ck. As far as putting up a video and a link, I am going to upload that as soon as get some time. I am working on a project from scratch as we speak no editing. Since you was being real and I need a person like you to state honest opinon. I was wondering do you know how to make a portrait in MUGEN where there isn't any pixel or gung left on it as you can see in the "VERSUS" pic with Wolverine.Thats an element I need to improve in. Everytime I convert a pic in PCX format I get color-loss and stuff gets left on the pic. I need an alternate way to have a perfect portrait.

ANY HELP???
#13  December 18, 2011, 03:52:59 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy method. I thought the same, and I soon came to a realization that something of higher quality takes a minimum of 2 hours. That's if you want something of extreme quality. Otherwise, it's easy to just eyeball stuff, but then you take a hit in quality. Considering how you're using bigger portraits, your editing process shouldn't take too long. Also, check out my Capcom VS SNK2 portraits to see how I went about making smaller ones for a color reference (I hope I'm not coming across as plugging my own work ;) ). Each piece took a solid 3 hours or more total.

Regardless of what process you use, you're always going to take a slight hit in clarity, so editing is gonna have to happen. Believe me, I wish it were easier.

Higher quality stuff just takes more time. Keep on digging!!

Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:56:50 am by Saikoro
#14  December 18, 2011, 04:00:00 am
@Saikoro Goodlooking out, alright hopefully I get this down properly because I want the quality of my MUGEN to be extreme. I will look at your ports and seek others to see if I can grab up some tips