YesNoOk

Hairline W.I.P Thread: Igniz (Read 238791 times)

Started by Prime SC, January 22, 2017, 09:23:52 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should I take out lvl 1 to lvl 2 cancels in all my chars?

Yes
4 (20%)
No
16 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: December 04, 2018, 07:17:16 am

Re: Hairline W.I.P Thread: Rick Strowd (Gabriella Paused)
#141  August 29, 2017, 03:19:46 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Hey Hairline, I'm looking forward to see what you do with Rick.
#142  August 29, 2017, 03:38:46 pm
    • USA
I was going to say, just look at how I did it, but you got it. Oh? Which sprites are you using? The run isn't that great if you are using the 119way version, same one I used, but Razor fixed it up a lil. Even still, better than nothing. Everything else is good. Although in that particular set, the 119way version he is missing a lot of attacks. I got them from the one by Tora? I think. That's if you are using those that is. There aren't really any good Rick's out there for reference, hopefully you can find one. Or yeah, just play RB.
#143  August 29, 2017, 05:57:06 pm
  • Niigasan
Hey Hairline, I'm looking forward to see what you do with Rick.

hey thanks infinite!!

I was going to say, just look at how I did it, but you got it. Oh? Which sprites are you using? The run isn't that great if you are using the 119way version, same one I used, but Razor fixed it up a lil. Even still, better than nothing. Everything else is good. Although in that particular set, the 119way version he is missing a lot of attacks. I got them from the one by Tora? I think. That's if you are using those that is. There aren't really any good Rick's out there for reference, hopefully you can find one. Or yeah, just play RB.

I'm using the sprites by 119way edited by Kamranbernstein, It looks like all the sprites are there, idk I managed to find a  real bout version of rick, don't know if its accurate or not but by how he plays compared to the videos ive seen I would think so. he has helllla moves it looks like but I can still get a emulator and play it, that would be my best bet honestly.
#144  August 29, 2017, 08:06:16 pm
    • USA
This Run huh? lol

Maybe that sff is different? Here are a few I found.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also I know you already did, but the throw

He needs all the attacks he can get, imo, you ought to make your boxers more boxer-esc with the combinations. Even if it is the basic 1-2
Jazz it up.
#145  August 29, 2017, 08:31:43 pm
Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:38:36 pm by PeXXeR
#146  August 29, 2017, 10:27:37 pm
  • Niigasan
This Run huh? lol

Maybe that sff is different? Here are a few I found.

Also I know you already did, but the throw

He needs all the attacks he can get, imo, you ought to make your boxers more boxer-esc with the combinations. Even if it is the basic 1-2
Jazz it up.

yeah bro that run haha and the sff I got has those 2 punches in it maybe kameran added them, I can check out the throw if its better than mine ill use it, and have u played my updated version of Heavy D!? He combos bro like really good, like 5-6 hit normal into specials, into supers. that's exactly the reason I gave him combos like that because boxers throw punches in bunches, I even made a lil combo list in his readme lol,  so the same will happen with Rick Strowd.

Always check how a char handles in the OG games, the mugen stuff is someone's interpretation of it, to get the best idea, play the original games :)
Do your homework as I would call it.
Some games have stuff like this for them
http://dreamcancel.com/2016/01/02/hitbox-viewer-for-kof-98umfe-and-02um-by-odabugs/
I use this shit to collect data from 2002 um steam version.
I'm gonna get a emulator and and play em in it cuz I do wanna know how he works, and I don't think Rick has any hitbox data, frame data on the internet cuz ive looked and cant find any for him

MCX

#147  August 29, 2017, 10:34:58 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/

I'm gonna get a emulator and and play em in it cuz I do wanna know how he works, and I don't think Rick has any hitbox data, frame data on the internet cuz ive looked and cant find any for him
If you didn't find any of that, try to use a similar character and apply those hitboxes, I think it could work
#148  August 29, 2017, 10:44:05 pm
    • USA
I haven't downloaded a character in a long while unfortunately. That's good though, we've always been eye to eye on that aspect. Similar to how I did Vanessa, before she even came out with the strings, as it turned out SNK had the same idea. Now It's pretty much a standard in XIV with the links so its not too far fetched with any character. We can be creative, its fun. Sounds legit.

Try this site, has many resources.
http://www.arcadehits.net/index.php?p=combos&jeu=rbff2&perso=RickStrowd

Also just get fightcade. Find some people to play and do it that way.
#149  August 29, 2017, 11:14:29 pm
  • Niigasan

If you didn't find any of that, try to use a similar character and apply those hitboxes, I think it could work
I think I did a pretty good job on the hitboxes up until now, but maybe sf4 or 5 balrog has some better ones? thanks for the suggestion.

I haven't downloaded a character in a long while unfortunately. That's good though, we've always been eye to eye on that aspect. Similar to how I did Vanessa, before she even came out with the strings, as it turned out SNK had the same idea. Now It's pretty much a standard in XIV with the links so its not too far fetched with any character. We can be creative, its fun. Sounds legit.

Try this site, has many resources.
http://www.arcadehits.net/index.php?p=combos&jeu=rbff2&perso=RickStrowd

Also just get fightcade. Find some people to play and do it that way.

awwwee man u should try em sometime lol but yeah, I like the idea of doing more than 2 hit strings for like any character tbh, but with boxers it feels mandatory. thanks for the reference though I will be checking that out and gonna check out fightcade right now
#150  August 29, 2017, 11:25:53 pm
    • USA
For sure, we can play sometime. I've been in that Last Blade Lobby all week lol I need to switch it up. I'll play some Jin twins and Cheng kill two birds with one stone.

Also consider making more videos, that's how you catch most things. Need a good SP, otherwise I'd be doing more arcade runs. 

Oh and I'll have to set time aside to do that. I'm still making D as well
#151  September 09, 2017, 08:41:18 pm
  • Niigasan
For sure, we can play sometime. I've been in that Last Blade Lobby all week lol I need to switch it up. I'll play some Jin twins and Cheng kill two birds with one stone.

Also consider making more videos, that's how you catch most things. Need a good SP, otherwise I'd be doing more arcade runs. 

Oh and I'll have to set time aside to do that. I'm still making D as well

man my fuckin laptop is retarded I cant play real bout on any emulator besides mame which I did get around to playing with him in there and the game itself is pretty damn fun, so with that I think I found a about 98% accurate version of him in mugen I can kinda use as a base for frame timings and all that jazz.

with that being said here is the first wip vid of him!

Btw I have no clue why the hell the fight port looks all scraggly like that. I assume its because of the sprites I'm using which to me means I'm going to have to change them (hooray) I also thought it was cool to combine the full moon fever and blazing sunburst and make a counter move out of it, lemme know any ideas you guys have for his moves or how they should operate

#152  September 10, 2017, 12:11:44 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking smooth, let me know if it still doesn't work..
#153  September 10, 2017, 01:38:27 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Btw I have no clue why the hell the fight port looks all scraggly like that.

I'm thinking its one of these two things:

1 - It doesn't have the correct palette applied to it.

2 - In the case that 1 is absolutely incorrect, and the proper palette is applied to it, then maybe when you were adding the sprite to the .SFF file, and you didn't check the Reverse Palette box.

Try re-inserting the sprite into the .SFF with that box checked, in the case that 1 isn't what's going on with the life bar portrait.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:45:19 am by Hatter
#154  September 29, 2017, 07:06:17 pm
    • USA
Im seriously focused on Rick S. He looks like a fun char to play with bro
#155  October 06, 2017, 02:30:53 pm
  • Niigasan
Thanks bro I haven't been able to work on him as much I want to recently cuz school and work but I did manage to finish his hellion special and started his divine blast, and thanks to rei I'm gonna be able to have some beautiful sprites soon so stay tuned and thanks for the support everyone
#156  October 06, 2017, 02:45:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome job!
You're going for the best Rick version in Mugen!
Keep it up!
#157  November 17, 2017, 09:18:20 am
  • Niigasan
NOT DEAD! Sorry im terrible with keeping up with my post, but i have made a ton of progress on rick, just need to come up with a lvl 3 im having a tough time trying to come up with something original for him and some touchups and he should be released sometime early next month:

any ideas u guys have for a level 3 post it here! also Quickfist da god came thru for me on a cs for gabriella he did a fantastic job I highly recommend him for a cheap and quick cs!  so i will be resuming her after i finish up rick and after that, it might igniz or eiji or lee pai long not to entirely sure but atleast 2 more chars in this style before i try to do something on my own so stay tuned! and again sorry for not keeping u guys updated

Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:33:29 pm by Prime SC
#158  November 17, 2017, 09:33:14 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I don't know much about Rick... But if I would be the one to make him, I'd personally used for LVL3 his super at 3:09. It just deserves to be LVL3 in my opinion.
#159  November 17, 2017, 04:07:30 pm
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
I don't know much about Rick... But if I would be the one to make him, I'd personally used for LVL3 his super at 3:09. It just deserves to be LVL3 in my opinion.
I think that this is my opinion but im in certainly disagree with you cause this super(3:09)should have a lv 1 and lv 2,and i have played real bout fatal fury 2 with rick and i think his lv 3 shoul be a giant blow with much wind in the background like a punch with giant sound impact or something

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#160  November 17, 2017, 04:09:24 pm
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
NOT DEAD! Sorry im terrible with keeping up with my post, but i have made a ton of progress on rick, just need to come up with a lvl 3 im having a tough time trying to come up with something original for him and some touchups and he should be released sometime early next month:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSI3eil9lhc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

any ideas u guys have for a level 3 post it here! also Quickfist da god came thru for me on a cs for gabriella so i will be resuming her after i finish up rick and after that, it might igniz or eiji or lee pai long not to entirely sure but atleast 2 more chars in this style before i try to do something on my own so stay tuned! and again sorry for not keeping u guys updated

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEE PAI LONG AND EIJI (AND PLZ TUNG FU RUE) IN POTS STYLE GOODNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can i say...im just good giving support.