YesNoOk

Joe (SF1) - Spriting has begun! First Anims on Page 4! (Read 123737 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 23, 2014, 11:42:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Joe (SF1) - Spriting has begun! First Anims on Page 4!
#221  July 16, 2014, 08:55:27 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So here's the crouching MP. I suggest experimenting with moving him forward during the attack, because right now it has roughly the same range as the LP. I gave it a posadd of 10 on the third frame and it looked pretty good in game to me.

3 Hit Elbow Target Combo. It's admittedly edits of the normals, but it looks fine to me. Will need some posadds or vels, I assume. I don't imagine it was meant to cover too much ground, or it'd be more like a special.

here's one with some movement on it.

Also, Sliding Specter.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:09:28 am by Sean Altly
#222  July 17, 2014, 05:08:11 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome looking great so far I think the sliding specter may need one more frame
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:39:14 pm by City_Hunter
#223  July 18, 2014, 06:34:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Coded it. It looks fine in game. I think the timings of the Gif make it look more like he just falls over is why it may look off.

Sean, I think you may be able to use quite a bit of this to make his on the ground holding his ribs rocking animation. Make his legs kick in pain and the get up can be used for that too. =)
#224  July 18, 2014, 12:12:01 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
This is the first I'm hearing of an animation of him holding his ribs and rocking on the ground. I thought he was just going to land flat and take damage. I was just going to use a KoF anim as a base.

Also, I need you to make sketches for how the beginning of Giving Up the Ghost is supposed to look and for Spirit bringer (the move I called Screaming Knee). I envisioned that move looking exactly like Bryan Fury's knee special from SFxT, but then the way you guys described it, working like Terry's Power Dunk, it would have to look different. For the beginning of Giving Up the Ghost, I saw the .gif of Cena but I'm not sure how that transitions into the anim for the headbutt grab.

Download Last Bout now!
#225  July 18, 2014, 03:25:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Giving Up the Ghost
This move makes Joe do a flying body press type move that if misses causes him damage. But on hit he grabs them and headbutts them with his momentum then runs up their body, kicks off the opponent's head launching himself off and towards the side of the screen. He then jumps off the wall with a flying elbow drop on the now downed opponent. When he lands he hits he takes slight damage and rolls on the ground holding his ribs a bit. This move is unblockable

It's also been on page 1 of the JOE thread for a long time :p

I'll sketch you up some stuff soon today. They should be really simple and not require a lot of animations.
#226  July 18, 2014, 03:28:03 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I thought this meant a roll, like the evasive roll, but with him holding his ribs, like he's rolling away from where he landed.

Download Last Bout now!
#227  July 18, 2014, 03:34:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh I see. So you're saying that you can't see what's in my mind? Lame! :p

Is the other way an issue or are you just trying to clarify the action?
#228  July 18, 2014, 03:37:27 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I can see what you mean now but it wasn't clear before. It is an issue because it's another animation with no base that I hadn't planned on, not to mention I'm half way through the evasive roll anim I'd planned on just editing to have him holding his ribs.

Download Last Bout now!
#229  July 18, 2014, 03:45:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well the sliding punch is a good base. Have his extended arm acting in pain, have the opposite arm clutching his ribs. Have him kicking his legs a bit and arching his back upwards and down instead of the actual roll I mentioned.

If that stills seems overly complicated the roll you're making will work if it shows his pain clearly.
#230  July 18, 2014, 07:19:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Very bottom pic is the rising knee. It just needs to be lower really. And it'd still slam back on their head like you originally suggested. Slamming them to the ground under his knee.

The top is the body press starter. When it connects it does a recoil off their body, then he grabs and uses the inertia to headbutt them. While they are dazed he runs up them then from there it's just drop kick anim that propels him to the wall then off the wall with the elbow drop

If there are no good bases I can refine sketches like these to make bases. It's how I make my sprites from scratch. If you'd like something like this.
#231  July 18, 2014, 07:45:30 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
These animations are turning out great! I am really happy with the moves you guys have picked out.

Money well spent!
#232  July 18, 2014, 11:20:25 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@JNP

Yes, refining the sketches would help a lot, at least with the beginning of Giving Up the Ghost. It seems the plans I had for Spirit Bringer will still work just fine.

Download Last Bout now!
#233  July 18, 2014, 11:27:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
To clarify how much of the beginning do you wish to convert into a handy sprite base form? Just the opening splash? Or any of the follow up motions?
(Also this is Friday and I don't have enough time to do this today so will have to wait till Tuesday after my work week)

I was hoping you would be able to still use it for how you originally wished. Like I said, it's just a matter of CLSN really. And the knee is lower more akin to Tiger knee. But will feel different in the coding.

The idea in my tweaks to your ideas were that you could still convert them the way you wished for your own Joe if that's what you'd like to do.

Options are fun!
#234  July 20, 2014, 10:10:51 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Small contribution:
Couldn't sleep that much tonight. Did an sketchful portrait for Joe and did some parts. His face ended being at somepoint between Calvin Harris and Macklemore D:

Of course, the pose is taken from his SF1 artwork(just changed head's position)

Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#235  August 07, 2014, 07:05:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

I'll keep making the rest too if you need.  Are these useful for you?
#236  August 14, 2014, 04:21:15 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
These look great! I can't wait to see this bad boy in action *.*
#237  August 14, 2014, 04:40:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Joe will be delayed a bit while Sean is healing from an injury.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2006805

I already need to recode most of him anyway since I've added so much to the Ryu base that Joe will need.
#238  September 01, 2014, 08:10:02 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
My hand is feeling much better. The wrist was definitely sprained but I think my hand was just deeply bruised. It's still tender but I resumed spriting a couple of nights ago and it feels fine, especially if I wear a brace. I knocked out the commission I referenced in the other thread and will be getting back to Joe soon, probably after my birthday Thursday. Need to get my mind off of stuff anyway. Just thought I'd update you guys.

Download Last Bout now!
#239  September 01, 2014, 08:25:03 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Much respect. As long as you're sure you're fine to continue, I look forward to seeing what ace stuff you come out with. Go Sean!
#240  September 01, 2014, 08:34:04 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Glad to hear your hand is getting better. Also, kind of surprised your birthday is in a few days. Mine is actually one week from now.

Shit