YesNoOk

Sprite Animation Tutorials? (Read 5173 times)

Started by Slivern, July 18, 2016, 06:00:28 am
Share this topic:
Sprite Animation Tutorials?
#1  July 18, 2016, 06:00:28 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
I was wondering if any of you know if there are resources available that cover creating Standing Animations. I was really fascinated by the work that went in to Syo Kirishima's Standing Animation for Ahuron's Syo, and I want to do something similar with a sprite I ripped directly from KoF 99, that being Kyo SP, the person on the left of this picture:

I'm not going to edit the sprites from EX Kyo or KoF 2003-XI Kyo because I did a comparison between them and found that Kyo SP is TOO different. In fact, someone already did a standing animation of Kyo SP but used KoF 2003-XI Kyo as a base. I compared his sprites to the original and I feel that this is entirely incorrect, and Kyo SP never wore any gloves. So I want to be as faithful to the sprite base I am going to use as possible. I'm also doing this to train myself better as a pixel artist, so are than any tips or advice you can provide me, or resources I should look at?

Almost forgot, the sprite itself being hosted on my deviantArt. Here's the link to the page where it's located if you need it: http://banditfalcon.deviantart.com/art/The-King-of-Fighters-Exiled-Challengers-Team-622145843
Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:08:44 am by Slivern
Re: Sprite Animation Tutorials?
New #2  July 23, 2016, 02:21:40 pm
Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:01:03 pm by Sin-