YesNoOk

Who was the very first mugen creator to release a character to the community? (Read 5650 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, October 02, 2014, 03:06:06 am
Share this topic:
Who was the very first mugen creator to release a character to the community?
#1  October 02, 2014, 03:06:06 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
I was talking to a fellow mugen comrad and he asked this question and i was stumped. So who was the first brave soul to take a chance at coding a character and releasing it to the public? And what was that character?
Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:49:31 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
Re: Who was the very first mugen creator to release a character to the community?
#2  October 02, 2014, 07:16:46 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
VK was pretty much behind the first Capcom/SNK conversions.

Before that was a slew of Dragon Ball stuff and god knows who did those things.
Re: Who was the very first mugen creator to release a character to the community?
#3  October 02, 2014, 07:59:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You mean beside KFM who was originally released with mugen right? Given this was possibly in the year 1999. Bia, Rolento, XGargoyle, [E].

Can't think of anyone else from that early who is still active. I sure as heck don't know. 2000,01,01 was well established when i joined and there was rather a lot of stuff out at that point.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  October 02, 2014, 10:44:54 am
Not active anymore, but what about TESTP ? Was there someone before them ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  October 02, 2014, 11:22:05 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
TESTP = Elecbyte, so that would tick them off the list.

There were already some creators when I first got into Mugen. Some names from that era besides the above mentioned VK were Samus_Aran, Andre, Angel_Myst, Destino_pt, NeoGouki, Orochi Herman, Mattasaur, Deuce...

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#6  October 02, 2014, 11:37:20 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Aww..this made me miss Kazmer13 =/
#7  October 02, 2014, 03:12:49 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
I've been around since the beginning (wow.. I feel old).  I believe the first character outside of testp/elecbyte was Neogouki releasing a basics only Shingo without a palette (ie:noob saibot style).
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#8  October 02, 2014, 03:33:42 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9  October 02, 2014, 06:48:20 pm
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
I can def say I wouldnt know either cause I got n at the end of dos mugen days . By then it was stuff way already done. But yeah the question is mainly outside of elecbyte.  That I havent a single clue to was the very first person.
#10  October 02, 2014, 07:25:42 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.

Before that was a slew of Dragon Ball stuff and god knows who did those things.
You Mean those crappy dbz characters that came from Olds Website? haha dude I have a bunch of those Terrible creation.

lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#11  October 02, 2014, 07:26:20 pm
    • Peru
I'm also remembering K3nShiN as a creator in the early days of Mugen. His Hien was the second character I downloaded; first one was Rock Howard by NeoGouki.
#12  October 02, 2014, 08:11:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
when I started already 100 characters existed for mugen, I know andre lopes made the first mai as he had already worked with kof91, I am thinking that samus aran made bruce lee, and J somethign made a ryu. oprobably someone who played with 256 life mugen remembers it better.
#13  October 02, 2014, 10:00:49 pm
Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:08:38 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#14  October 02, 2014, 10:02:23 pm
Was coding characters in the pre-Fighter Factory days as scary as it sounds?
#15  October 02, 2014, 10:04:52 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Coding not particular scary, just involved a bit more referencing if anything. Also recall things like MCM being around fairly early for sff stuff, would not be till some time later that it got clsn related functions although anyone who tried that version knew how wonky that tended to be.
#16  October 02, 2014, 11:11:32 pm
    • Peru
Now I feel like a grandpa. I never used FF, just a decent text editor like Textpad + Mugen Docs on a browser window :(
Plus, I never really liked MCM, it screwed SFFs in some cases and it cropped images. I like to have all the images within an animation/group with the same size.
#17  October 02, 2014, 11:56:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
everythign screwed the files they were supossed to edit, only the command line tools worked reliably; it was common to back up a character when you started working on it.
#18  October 03, 2014, 12:12:27 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Cool, the good old days of mugen's baby years.
#19  October 03, 2014, 01:10:13 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
I am so retarded. I got in mugen at 2000 and only name I knew right off the back that was from 1999 is O llusionista. It wasnt till after him I started to really know creators names. Asked my buddy on phone from years ago and he said same names yall tossing out .

I Still dont know who the first is though. Dang it.
#20  October 03, 2014, 01:17:04 am
Hey isn't that the second time in a row that you post in this thread to say literally nothing more than OH WOW GOOD QUESTION I HAVE NO IDEA