Strider Hiryu (Read 134596 times)

Started by DW, September 11, 2017, 03:03:46 am
Share this topic:
Re: Strider Hiryu
#21  September 12, 2017, 12:26:40 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Oh yes, ive been patiently waiting for this.
I haven't been excited for a mugen char
release in a LOOONG time like I am now.

I'll let you know I I find anything funny.
#22  September 12, 2017, 08:35:12 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Actually, I think I wanna add two palettes of my own, if that's alright. They're reference palettes and I did them over other palettes because I'm no good at effects, lol:

Red Shadow - Bushido Blade

Nightstalker - Bushido Blade II
#23  September 13, 2017, 12:34:45 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
This is the most beautiful Strider I've seen in mugen, like, wow!
I've only found one weird issue, maybe it's just on my end tho:
-I can't cancel any basic attack into specials or supers

#24  September 13, 2017, 02:17:26 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

That's on purpose

DW

#25  September 13, 2017, 02:20:43 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Actually, I think I wanna add two palettes of my own, if that's alright. They're reference palettes and I did them over other palettes because I'm no good at effects, lol:

Thanks. I'll add these so I don't forget them.

As Memo said, it was purposely done. Though that's only if you chain prior to super/special cancelling. Strider handles the same way my Morrigan does. If he normal chains, then super/special cancelling is restricted. Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Edit:

Also, sorry about not providing an alt download for you. It completely slipped my mind. I see that you were able to get him though, so it's all good. :P
#26  September 13, 2017, 02:23:19 am
  • Niigasan
Yeeaah, he plays coo but I had to change that, I feel like he has to chain normals and specials
 he don't feel right (to me) without it
#27  September 13, 2017, 02:51:46 am
  • LetPlaySomeGames
    • USA
    • mastergem117@gmail.com
    • https://mastergem117.wixsite.com/miltjrsite
My Main Question is this
Is the Ouroboros still Broken with the Add004 Tag Patch

DW

#28  September 13, 2017, 04:53:18 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
^You ask that like I've ever used that, or even considered that when making him. If you're using add ons and what not with your Mugen, it's not my obligation to accommodate those functions/edits. That falls on you to customize things the way you need them to be.

On the note of Ouro though: Project, you're kinda right. I don't want to make it a Lv3, but it is a tad too powerful as is. Still, this all boils down to application of the move. It's one thing to do stuff in practice mode, it's another when you're actually fighting. Whether it be an actual person or AI. I've reduced the time Ouro lasts, to the lowest duration I'm willing to nerf it. I've already reduced it during beta testing, along with it's dmg output from what I had originally done. Nerfing it anymore makes it not even worth using. There's nothing wrong with his walk cycles. I've check the AIR and Girard's CS sprite set. IDK what gives you the impression the fwd walk is missing a frame. When I said "I gotcha", I didn't mean I saw anything wrong. I meant I get what you're trying to say and there was no more confusion.

At any rate:

=9/12/2017=

-Reduced the duration of Ouroboros
#29  September 13, 2017, 08:42:36 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
That sounds fair enough and as far as the walk cycles go, what gave me that impression is that in the AIR files the forward walk has 9 frames while the back walk has 10. Seemed a bit odd to me, but if you say there's no issue there, then there's no issue. It is your character after all. Another thing I forgot to answer was about the robot animal companion hitsounds, they could use one of the heavy hitsounds rather than the projectile ones. They aren't really made of energy but again, it's all your call.

Also, two more reference palettes from me for the moment because creation struck and I actually love making palettes for ridiculously extensive CS lol

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Edit: Another minor thing I just noticed, the super finish effects for Legion -Warp- come in a bit late if the first animal is what KOs the opponent. I usually use the standard Legion version, so that's why I didn't notice it until just now.
Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:41:24 am by Project.13
#30  September 14, 2017, 03:20:48 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Here's my demonstration of him. Absolutely great DW, thanks! :)
#31  September 14, 2017, 09:41:40 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Daaamn, this Strider looks dope! Thanks DivineWolf and congrats on the 21st release :)
#32  September 14, 2017, 01:56:46 pm
I finally found time to sit down and play with him, he is SICK, good job man, you smashed it.
#33  September 14, 2017, 03:51:12 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Alright, last batch of palettes from me for the moment lol. Having too much fun and satisfaction with what I'm doing here, so I'll end it with some original ones, for once.

Edit: I lied.

Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:00:07 pm by Project.13
#34  September 16, 2017, 06:22:03 am
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Alway love your chars. Here's my vid for this awesome ninja.

#35  September 17, 2017, 03:04:09 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I made more palettes... I might have a problem lol

#36  September 17, 2017, 06:47:49 pm
I made more palettes... I might have a problem lol

How about a pal like this :P
#37  September 18, 2017, 02:13:58 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
can't wait to kick tha tires in on this 1! lookin' good D Dubbya! btw, while you're finishin' those intros, at least 1 of'em should have his intro theme playin', sped up a bit of course, durin' it [preferably tha 1 from 2014's Strider :mlol:], just sayin'. if you want/need me to kut it for ya to hear how it'll sound/fit, let me know & i gotcha faded.

btw Project 13, dem some smexy pals you done kreated, i'll definitely be usin'em as soon as i'm able!  :mthumbs:
#38  September 18, 2017, 11:29:10 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...Project 13, dem some smexy pals you done kreated, i'll definitely be usin'em as soon as i'm able!  :mthumbs:

Thanks. I'm glad people like them so much ^^

How about a pal like this :P

I didn't do Shiny Greninja because I felt it was a bit too monotone in color scheme. I did just finish a basic Greninja palette though.

Edit: Also a bit of additional feedback now that I'm remembering it again lol - I highly suggest tweaking both variations of Gram. The sword slash shouldn't have it's own hitbox that can damage Hiryu, nor should it cause him to be grabbed through it.

Edit 2: Added more palettes because of course I did.
Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:37:38 am by Project.13
#39  September 20, 2017, 05:49:46 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
The future trunks one is a great idea!

DW

#40  September 26, 2017, 04:46:12 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That sounds fair enough and as far as the walk cycles go, what gave me that impression is that in the AIR files the forward walk has 9 frames while the back walk has 10. Seemed a bit odd to me, but if you say there's no issue there, then there's no issue. It is your character after all. Another thing I forgot to answer was about the robot animal companion hitsounds, they could use one of the heavy hitsounds rather than the projectile ones. They aren't really made of energy but again, it's all your call.

Also, two more reference palettes from me for the moment because creation struck and I actually love making palettes for ridiculously extensive CS lol

Edit: Another minor thing I just noticed, the super finish effects for Legion -Warp- come in a bit late if the first animal is what KOs the opponent. I usually use the standard Legion version, so that's why I didn't notice it until just now.

-It's not about whether it's my char or not... That's how his sprite set was made. As for the hitsounds... Meh... I'll consider it.

-Ah shit... Forgot about fixing that for the warp version. I'll fix it.

Thanks for the pals.

Here's my demonstration of him. Absolutely great DW, thanks! :)

You're welcome, thanks for the support.

Daaamn, this Strider looks dope! Thanks DivineWolf and congrats on the 21st release :)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I finally found time to sit down and play with him, he is SICK, good job man, you smashed it.

Thanks.

Alright, last batch of palettes from me for the moment lol. Having too much fun and satisfaction with what I'm doing here, so I'll end it with some original ones, for once.

Thanks for the pals. My PC is acting up again though, and I can't see any of them. I'll try to do the work around I did last time.

Alway love your chars. Here's my vid for this awesome ninja.

Thank you.

can't wait to kick tha tires in on this 1! lookin' good D Dubbya! btw, while you're finishin' those intros, at least 1 of'em should have his intro theme playin', sped up a bit of course, durin' it [preferably tha 1 from 2014's Strider :mlol:], just sayin'. if you want/need me to kut it for ya to hear how it'll sound/fit, let me know & i gotcha faded.

Sure man, send it my way whenever. Thanks for the support.

Edit: Also a bit of additional feedback now that I'm remembering it again lol - I highly suggest tweaking both variations of Gram. The sword slash shouldn't have it's own hitbox that can damage Hiryu, nor should it cause him to be grabbed through it.

-Actually, yes it should. It's called "priority" sir. Sword attack or not, that doesn't mean you don't give it any trade hit ability. I could prolly move it back a bit, as I had it originally. We'll see.