YesNoOk

SnagIt - Video/Audio Compression and Volume fixes (Read 5767 times)

Started by unbeknowNst, September 09, 2006, 03:44:54 am
Share this topic:
SnagIt - Video/Audio Compression and Volume fixes
#1  September 09, 2006, 03:44:54 am
In this tutorial you will learn about video and audio compressing for SnagIt videos, and the learn how to tweak the problem about recording in low volume.

Video/Audio Compression
Here you will learn about sound quality. First, if you are using XviD, then I would prefer compressing your video using VirtualDub So if you are using XviD, download the Codec here I would also reccomend getting DivX Player, to watch your movies.(the DivX player comes with the DivX codec, and one time I didn't have DivX installed, but I had XviD installed and my XviD movies didn't work, so I installed DivX and it worked)After downloading(and installed) all that junk, put your movie into VirtualDub. So just basically Drag'n'Drop it into there and VirtualDub should recognize it.
Now if this is a fresh video just recorded off SnagIt, then the filesize should be pretty big. (ie 14 minutes is 790 MB)Follow the images below

Step 1 // Video Compression Settings :
   A

to
    B

to
    C

Step 2 // Audio Compression :
    A

Go to "Audio" and click"Full Processing Mode"
to
    B

to
    C

If you don't see the MPEG-Layer codec that supports kBits that go past 56K, you are going to have to download an MP3 codec. (LameMP3's Codec or Fraunhofer's Radium MP3 codec, personally I use Radiums. For audio quality I would prefer 96 kbits or 112, both sound like CD Quality and most people probably won't even notice the difference. I use 96 because it would take up less space/memory usage/encoding time. After that all you have to do is save your movie and you are done.

Now a lot of people are having the problem that their sound is too low in SnagIt, well that's okay because there is a solution to that, you don't have to change any settings in VirtualDub. Right click on your sound icon at the bottom right corner of your taskbar. Here you will see "Sound Control", if you are in another sound control panel, close it and come to this one. Go to : Options >> Properties

Follow the pictures

Note : MAKE SURE THE STEREO MIX IS CHECKED, NOT MICROPHONE

And that's all, I guess. I hope this tutorial helped at least someone
Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 04:03:34 am by unbeknowNst
Re: SnagIt - Video/Audio Compression and Volume fixes
#2  October 14, 2006, 11:10:19 pm
Oh yeah, and also another fix note

The reason why people's videos have bad-synched audio (the audio does not match the video, and kind of goes a little faster than the video) is because they have not used the mp3 codec, and left the audio as uncompressed. Use the mp3 codec to avoid bad video/audio synched movies!
#3  October 15, 2006, 03:13:04 am
  • I'm running out of Avatars and Display names.
We're always gonna try it
No one can deny it
We can cause a riot in Sunday School (Ooh, a riot!)
We'll have you believin'
Truth can be deceivin'
'Do Unto Others' is our Golden Rule!

Jessie: Finally! A tutorial for SnagIt!

James: We always did had problems on Snagging Pikachu.

Meowth: Not that kind of Snagging.

Jessie: Well at least now we can do some real compressions for our combo videos.  --;

W.I.P.:Dexter Boy Genius - 50%          CLAW  W.I.P: 0%
#4  October 15, 2006, 08:00:36 am
This and pokedude here are the least of my worries.

Mugen freezes when when it's being recorded in window mode and tends to slow down and become all choppy and slow.

And the PC was just rebooted.....
#5  December 30, 2006, 10:28:23 pm
  • DAT SAX
Sorry for bumping such an old topic but you recommended this guide to me but most of the pictures don't work.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#6  December 30, 2006, 11:30:01 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Yes they do.  Keep hitting refresh or something.
#7  December 30, 2006, 11:33:13 pm
  • DAT SAX
It's the ones in the thumbnails that unbeknownst pm'd me about. I can't see those. Unbeknownst, could you please put links below the pictures "for those who can't see them"?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)