YesNoOk

Sound ripping help (Read 1054 times)

Started by RAVENOUS31492, September 24, 2007, 12:46:28 am
Share this topic:
Sound ripping help
#1  September 24, 2007, 12:46:28 am
  • my avatar is there, look harder.
okay now i have goldwave and i'm using it.
i have my ps2 hooked up to my hardware piece in my computer and i record a song(actually the video, trying to rip sound out of it) and it is all w/ too much bass, so there is static...alot of static

i even turned the music down on the game, and the computer and goldwave, but it still is staticy.

does anyone know how to fix this? ???

1. can i just rip a sound and music straight from the video game?

2. if so, i just set my camcorder up to the tv, then i have something on my computer that lets u record and put anything that is in the input device to the computer monitor( so i'm basically recording what i recorded from my camcorder.)  then it converts the format to a video. how do i use the video to take the sound off to make a sound file?

i am planning on posting this in the child boards sound section when i get it all done. so yea i'm willing to share. ;)
I need a revolution.
Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:36:43 am by Ravenous

gia

Re: Sound ripping questions
#2  September 24, 2007, 02:31:47 am
dunno, but I just ripped by using entering the Audio options (Windows configuration) and set Recording to "Mixer". Then with "Sound Recorder" program that windows also has record any sound your computer makes, so if you play on your pc whatever sound you want to record it will do so, just close your instant messengner and stuff. Before recording set the options of the program so it records at a good bitrate - mono/stereo.
#3  September 24, 2007, 02:42:52 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
To answer number one:, yes. many ways. you can either get an AV-2.5 mm converter and hook it up to your mic/line-in slot, or just record it using a microphone, but the latter is more crude.

To answer number two: if your camcorder has a microphone, you can just use sound recorder, but I guess you want the video too.
Now, if your soundcard has a what-u-hear space, then yes, you can just use sound recorder or goldwave. if not, you can use goldwave (if your file is an avi file) or another sound recorder studio. I personally use Blaze Media Pro.

an alternate: winamp. winamp has a file output plugin. just configure it to your liking and play the movie.

Understand all methods leaves the sound in the original video.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#4  September 24, 2007, 02:45:11 am
so the programs(except sound recorder)
that you are talking about will work/ will record long enough for stage music too?
I need a revolution.
#5  September 24, 2007, 02:50:07 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
sound recorder only records a minute.

but the other methods go as long as you want it (goldwave, you have to set it to a fixed amount, but will give you enough space as your RAM will allow. BMP, though, has no fixed amount.

EDIT:

Another note,
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php

this can help you on finding stage music, so all you really need is soundFX
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
Re: Sound ripping help
#6  October 12, 2007, 03:37:49 am
okay thanx
wow i need more help.  :S
plz read the first post.  :)
I need a revolution.
Re: Sound ripping help
#7  October 12, 2007, 04:27:37 pm
  • corner push pusher
okay now i have goldwave and i'm using it.
i have my ps2 hooked up to my hardware piece in my computer and i record a song(actually the video, trying to rip sound out of it) and it is all w/ too much bass, so there is static...alot of static

i even turned the music down on the game, and the computer and goldwave, but it still is staticy.

does anyone know how to fix this? ???

1. can i just rip a sound and music straight from the video game?

2. if so, i just set my camcorder up to the tv, then i have something on my computer that lets u record and put anything that is in the input device to the computer monitor( so i'm basically recording what i recorded from my camcorder.)  then it converts the format to a video. how do i use the video to take the sound off to make a sound file?

i am planning on posting this in the child boards sound section when i get it all done. so yea i'm willing to share. ;)

Ironically I posted a DIY topic on sound ripping the poor man's way that is majorly similar to this a few days ago. Check it out, it may help you.

I've been ripping audio from games the way you're trying to do it for years. This is would I would do:

Answering your main problem
=====================
For your audio-in just record through the mic input. Make sure your microphone's properties are adjusted right so that don't record too loudly (the higher the dB, the worse off you are).

Personally I use Sound Forge or Adobe Audition to record audio (moreso Audition).

Answering your first sub question
========================
It depends on what game you're trying to rip. Is it an actual ps2 game or a ps1 game running on the ps2? For PS1 games the best sound editing tools for ripping music would be PSMPlay and PsxMC. For sound effects, PSound. Get them at Zophar's Domain. For PS2 games it really varies because a lot of older PS2 games have different audio file formats. MAudio is probably the best tool available. There aren't too many PS2 audio ripping programs. Then again, PSound was able to rip the entire soundtrack to Capcom VS SNK2 for the PS2  o_O, so....yeah, just experiment. You can find all those progs at Zophar's too.

Answering your second sub question
==========================
There's no point to really doing any of that if you follow your first method and do it right. If you record your sound and you feel you're getting too much bass and static, its because you probably have audio clipping and you do NOT want that. You'll just have to adjust the volume controls of your mic/line-in device. The volume of your TV set has nothing to do with what your recording, nor does the volume of your computer speakers. Just your recording device.

Uh....I hope that helps you!