Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1421  January 23, 2020, 04:35:48 pm
#1422  January 23, 2020, 05:01:35 pm
    • South Africa
@Gacel
Can the pause button be changed to another button? Macs don't have a pause button like on windows.

Also in older versions of Ikemen go plus, the computer player used to randomize their character order (in team mode)  if you lost a fight and continued, also stages used to be randomized when continuing. I noticed that this doesn't happen anymore for some reason.

For example in old versions if you faced robin and joker on a team, the first time you fight them they would have for example Robin as the first player, if you lost and Continued, then they could randomize and put Joker as the first player and robin as the second one.
Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:08:46 pm by LebKeller
#1423  January 23, 2020, 05:18:34 pm
    • Greece
I believe it's better like this, most fighting games when you loose you continue agaist the same character and same stage, it is like a rematch.
#1424  January 23, 2020, 05:25:51 pm
Also in older versions of Ikemen go plus, the computer player used to randomize their character order (in team mode)  if you lost a fight and continued, also stages used to be randomized when continuing. I noticed that this doesn't happen anymore for some reason.

For example in old versions if you faced robin and joker on a team, the first time you fight them they would have for example Robin as the first player, if you lost and Continued, then they could randomize and put Joker as the first player and robin as the second one.
These were bugs, not features (or better say - something that worked like this because I forgot to implement proper stage and order data persistence at the time).
I can't think about any commercial game that would randomize stage after continue screen. Mugen didn't do it either. Also correct me if I'm wrong but randomizing enemy order after continuing also wasn't the case in any King of Fighter games (from where I took the feature for character order adjustments in versus screen from). This could be something adjustable in options screen but I really don't see a point.
Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:30:44 pm by K4thos
#1425  January 23, 2020, 05:56:34 pm
    • South Africa
I liked the randomized enemy order, because it would cause the other team members theme to play if they were randomized into the first slot, instead of hearing the first enemy's theme again and again.

You're correct in saying that no commercial game did this.
You're right randomizing stages is a bit odd.
#1426  January 23, 2020, 08:36:07 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Yo Gacel, do you by any chance have a lead on this?:
Ikemen GO screenbound engine bug reported by @JustNoPoint from HDBZ team. The problem can be reliably reproduced for example with Piccolo's lvl3 finisher.
As presented in the below video, the finisher works correctly on KFM temple stage. From my tests there is also no problem with other stages that don't allow super jump. But any larger stage will cause this bug (as showcased at 1:45s)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1pwctfjd2g49m6/Ikemen%20GO%202020-01-18%2021-46-19.mp4

Repo steps:
- Download character: http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_piccolo.html
- Download stage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l5fbavz2axuwd9/sf3-3-shinakuma.zip?dl=1
- Go to training and activate Piccolo's power mode with Down Down MP+MK (you’ll get a new meter). Spam HP to fill it all the way to max. Then QCBx2P for his lvl3 hyper. Then wait a bit or do the Down Down MP+MK to activate it.

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1427  January 27, 2020, 11:34:06 am
Can 4 joysticks be used at the same time in simul mode like in Ikemen Plus? I thought you said yes in your reply to mugenload, but then realized you might have been talking about keyboard or combo of keyboard and joysticks vs. just  joysticks. I tried to setup 4 joysticks but in simul mode just two work and control two characters at one time. I might be doing it wrong but wanted to make sure it was possible to do before looking further into it.

If it is possible, this is how I added the 3rd and 4th joysticks. Let me know if I did something wrong. It's late and I may have missed something:

Code:

"KeyConfig":[{
      "JoystickConfig":[{
      "Joystick":0,
      "Buttons":["-5","-6","-1","-2","0","1","9","3","4","7","11","6","8"]
    },{
      "Joystick":1,
    }],
  "Joystick":2,
    },{
      "Joystick":3,
    }],

I had to take out the keyboard commands because the game wouldn't start with them. I assume there were too many players with the keyboard commands in.

When I try it as shown above, my joysticks no longer work as programmed for some reason. P1 no longer acts mapped correctly even though it was mapped fine such that two controllers worked ok when it was just the two of them. I could try to remap them, but didn't want to try that if there was a system limitation.

Any help in letting me know whether 4 joystick simul is possible, or helping me figure out what I'm doing wrong, would be appreciated!
#1428  January 27, 2020, 07:38:39 pm
    • Argentina
My animation looks gray  when it is about to restart in ikemen go plus does anyone know how I can fix this?
#1429  January 28, 2020, 04:10:10 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I would like to make one more suggestion. I don't know if it has already been suggested, if it has, sorry.
It's about the "counter.shake" for Combo. It would be great if we could switch between MUGEN's classic shake and Ikemen's interpolation.
Something like:
teamx.shake.type = 1 ; Set to 0 to "classic shake" count on hit, set to 1 to "zoom-in" count on hit.

If the line is omitted, Ikemen executes the classic shake.

I think it would be interesting because Ikemen already has both behaviors. I noticed that if you use a MUGEN lifebar, the combo font will shake, while the standard Ikemen lifebar uses interpolation (zoom-in). In addition, if you want to add other behaviors in the future such as glow, fade, spin, blink, etc. the only thing that would need to be updated in the lifebar would be a simple value.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1430  January 31, 2020, 11:19:50 am
#1431  January 31, 2020, 03:36:29 pm
    • UK

Shiyo hasn't posted here in ages, but he's updated his Ikemen version to other's Youtube comments, just letting you know.
WIP Schedule:
#1432  February 01, 2020, 02:02:10 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
Has someone already suggested the idea of having "KOF-Styled" order select menus for Team modes? Where teammates are assigned to a button (A for 1, B for 2, C for 3, etc.) and depending on the order you press the buttons, the team order you get.

I'm saying this cause this would make team order choices something private, and it helps that your opponent doesn't know the order you chose. Plus it makes it kinda quicker.

Also, I heard there was an Ikemen Discord server. Is there an invite link available?
Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:59:16 am by RaitoADV
#1433  February 04, 2020, 01:18:15 pm
    • UK

Ignoring the multi-post weirdness, I'd suggest a different link.
WIP Schedule:
#1434  February 04, 2020, 02:09:18 pm
    • South Africa
Ignoring the multi-post weirdness, I'd suggest a different link.

I wasn't aware that site was blacklisted here, but I managed to get the character to work. The multi posts were not intentional, on my side they said my post didn't get posted, because a network error page came up, I have no idea how so many repeat posts got added, thanks for the heads up though.
Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:12:39 pm by LebKeller
#1435  February 06, 2020, 11:01:32 pm
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
#1436  February 07, 2020, 12:59:36 am
RagingRowen, thanks for taking your time to externalize the score and rank code. Together with Gacel we've reached a consensus (I think) that it's better to leave default score calculation to cns/zss file instead of hardcoding it in the engine, so that it could work alongside already implemented HitDef and sctrl features (mentioned here)

I think to make this CNS score code ready to be distributed by default with the engine, I think it could use some changes to make it more readable/easier for edits:
- no workarounds used whatsoever (if something could be implemented in a more intuitive way just let us know what new triggers or sctrls would be needed to do so)
- probably it should work as a global code using ikemen global statedefs (for example -20), not something running on invisible helpers
- var and fvar usage doesn't seem like a best idea when Ikemen go offers unlimited amount of named variables via Map feature
- score itself should be updated using ScoreAdd/TargetScoreAdd sctrls (so that it can be rendered via lifebar and saved after match)
- any code that refers to add004 explode lifebars should not be present

For example this:
Code:
trigger1=1||fvar(25):=((var(9)&68)=68)*5 +((var(9)&128)=128)*30 +((var(9)&256)=256)*20 +(var(41)>=30)*25 +fvar(3)+fvar(5)+fvar(6)

reads like black magic to me. "bk/jd" mentioned in the file doesn't ring a bell. My current understanding of end match rank calculation is not good enough to write native lifebar DEF paramters support for this feature.

Score stuff is a bit easier to comprehend since it's mostly a value added each tick when animpause is active (explained to me courtesy of Gacel). Still after trying to use the score code as it is, without the rest of add004, I wasn't able to make it work.

Help from experienced CNS coder is needed to adopt code posted by RagingRowen and make it work outside add004 environment. Explanation of some of the more confusing formulas would be appropriated as well.

edit: just to be clear - code adaptation proposed above are only from my point of view (a person with little CNS experience, so it's not necessarily the best/viable approach). And code changes like these could be implemented down the road, not necessarily now. The current  goal, and a thing that stops the next release with working scores and leaderboards, is making default score calculations to work outside rest of the add004 common1 code. (and receiving Shiyo's permission to use it under MIT license)
Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:08:48 am by K4thos
#1437  February 08, 2020, 06:39:29 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Gacel just released a new build with both K4thos and his code merged.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go

Expect some bugs but also new features.

BTW, no mac release yet(because of some troubles with dependencies), and the Linux build is missing the executable. I had to compile it myself from Github.
#1438  February 08, 2020, 06:43:07 am
    • South Africa
Sounds great! It's understandable about the mac release, hopefully it gets sorted out soon though :)
I will definitely try out the windows build in the meantime!
Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:59:30 am by LebKeller
#1439  February 08, 2020, 10:27:58 am
Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:37:15 am by K4thos
#1440  February 08, 2020, 10:29:07 am
    • South Africa
Thank you! Will do!