#121  January 04, 2017, 04:37:31 pm
  • hdbz is love,hdbz is life
  • i like hyper dragon ball z
    • Brazil
Re: Piccolo Xmas RELEASE
#122  January 04, 2017, 10:49:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
And for that,Gongratulations!!

I suggest to leave the forum and relax  for a bit before you go to Gotenks,im certain you'll have a lot to code for him 0_0

EDIT:Or play with Piccs a bit but im sure you got sick of him by now xD

Thank you! I intend to slow down but I'm not needing to stop yet!

I only spent like a week or 2 on Jailbot's AI, and I think he came out pretty decent.

From my experience, I was pretty nervous to get into the AI coding, but once I screwed around with it a bit and got the gist of it... it was MUCH more rewarding than I expected.  Trust me - it's a very nice change of pace from all the standard coding.

I did read up on the different methods and I would recommend factoring AILevel into all the triggers.  I also recommend adding custom code into the walk/run/jump states, and don't be shy to add some AI triggers into other states.

There's a balance where AILevel = 1 the character isn't just a punching bag, and AILevel = 8 he's very tough but beatable.

Also I recommend giving a slight chance that he'll just throw a move/walk/jump here and there randomly, so he's not too predictable.

I know you'll probably, for the most part, follow how the other Z2 characters' AI are coded, but at least take a peak at the AI activation I used.  I added a random multiplier thingy to make his base value fluctuate throughout the match, meaning the AI can get significantly "smarter" for periods of time.  Unpredictability is key!

I'll be using this: following is a quote from XGargoyle:

AILevel**2 is equivalent to AILevel*AILevel, that means values will range from 0 to 64 (more ramp) - Red line

AILevel*2 will just double the level, that means values will range from 0 to 16 (less ramp) - Blue line

We decided to have the AILEvel using this formula: (AIlevel ** 2 / 64.0) as  it gives more ladders between one level to the other, so please use this formula.

DOS/Winmugen characters used Winane's not-so-much-reliable AI routines, and we used an internal variable (var(53) or any other) to create a ramp AI.
With 1.0, it's no longer necessary, so the variable in cofig.txt needs to be removed. We are now using AILevel, which uses Mugen's internal difficulty level, and is 100% reliable

And, following JNP's post, a code like this:
trigger1 = (EnemyNear, MoveType = H) && (EnemyNear, HitFall) && Random < (50 * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))

Will have the following probabilities:
Level 0: (50 * (0 ** 2 / 64.0))= 0 (Human controlled)
Level 1: (50 * (1 ** 2 / 64.0))= 0.78
Level 2: (50 * (2 ** 2 / 64.0))= 3.12
Level 3: (50 * (3 ** 2 / 64.0))= 7.03
Level 4: (50 * (4 ** 2 / 64.0))= 12.5
Level 5: (50 * (5 ** 2 / 64.0))= 19.53
Level 6: (50 * (6 ** 2 / 64.0))= 28.12
Level 7: (50 * (7 ** 2 / 64.0))= 38.28
Level 8: (50 * (8** 2 / 64.0))= 50

Obviously, if you use a formula like Random < (450 * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0)), the ramp would go from 7.03 (AI 1) to 450 (AI 8 ), a middle CPU (AI 4) will be 112.5

I figure I'll start by coding the hardest ai then reduce the chances of those things happening as I go down the difficulty ramp. 8 being near impossible reactions to one being someone that doesn't attack super often. Kinda walks around. Does random attacks and very small combos.

After that, it made me want to do this:
:picco:  :gouki:
Fuuuuu~~~ shioooooonnnn~~~~
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:53:08 pm by Just No Point
#123  January 04, 2017, 11:03:46 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Yep, looks like you've got it all figured out :)

It'll be fun!

#124  January 04, 2017, 11:39:39 pm
#125  January 04, 2017, 11:53:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Awesome! If you can contact them be sure they grab the update tomorrow! It should be the last one till our next full build.
#126  January 05, 2017, 10:37:49 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#127  January 06, 2017, 01:14:14 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
What has been updated?

#128  January 06, 2017, 01:15:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry I posted it in the other release thread but not this one

-Special Beam Cannon changed to QCFx2, P
-Color of aura fixed.
-Changed voice for back throw.
-Added envshake to the Clones Collision intro.
-Added transparency to ghosts.
-Clones now only take 150 life. Clone still has 200 life.
 You can absorb them back and gain 50 life points. Minimum to create them is now 160.
-Carnage Blitz has 3 ticks faster start up
-Finally for real fixed the slowdown issues with some attacks. There was not a limiter on the combo limiter helper. So it was making SEVERAL the entire time it hit. Special thanks to RawkHawk for checking this and telling me on Discord
-Fixed the Mystic Harpoon not grabbing.
-Changed the dampening one more time
-Now if Piccolo hits a standing or crouching opponent it gives 1 dampening point. Like before. But now if the opponent is in the air or OTG the attacks give 2 points.
-Things like Mystic Harpoon, Lighting, and others that gave you a HUGE increase in dampening points when they connected no longer do. They do 1 point or 2 depending on the above.
-I also decreased the amount Mystic Harpoon divides the damage after hit. Now instead of dividing in half it divides by 1.75
-Added ability to press start to select color when you have the color select option turned on in config. It was supposed to have been in last build but I goofed. So now you can spend as long as you like looking for the colors you want.
-Clones disappear and reappear correctly during Hellzone Grenade
#129  January 06, 2017, 01:41:52 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Great update,and the aura is fixed,yay :D

But one very small nitpick maybe,it's only graphical
The Mystic Harpoon medium distance makes Piccolo shake a bit (not when his arm  coils back)
It trembles a bit then does the coil back shake.Maybe it's an out of order frame or im a delusional prick :/
Not requesting,just letting you know.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:58:49 am by AgentofDestiny
#130  January 06, 2017, 01:48:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can always report anything!

Funny you mention that now because before it went live Balthazar reported this

Ok I grabbed the latest version (and added the few update points that weren't included yet in the changelog) and will play test him a little bit before uploading him and then releasing him publicly and on the discord.

-tiny nitpick: like I asked you made the small charging ball of the Light Grenade be onscreen for a few more ticks (i think 10-12) but forgot to also display the overlapping hands sprite, so there's a point where that ball pops up in front of his hands even though it should remain inside his cupped hands. Just a tiny graphical nitpick, not worth another update I'd say ;).

*EDIT
-found one more thing: Goku jumped over me as I activated a Special Beam Cannon. Then he threw me as I was firing it. Because of this, the looping sound of the beam cannon wasn't killed and kept playing throughout the rest of the fight. It only stopped once I fired another beam cannon. So, I guess include a failsafe that kills the looping sound whenever Piccolo gets put into a custom state?

-In this latest version, the whiffed animation for MP Mystic Harpoon seems a little messed up. It also plays the retract sound twice, the first getting cut off due to it. Guess because you changed some timings? The other versions seem fine.
I did see the SP version getting blocked and it seemed to do 2 hits (against Gotenks. it was like Gotenks blocked a 2-hit move).

Somehow no one noticed these things (or said anything) till now. They will all be fixed for the full build. So never be afraid to report things. Even if you are unsure if it's right or not. I'll never ignore!
#131  January 06, 2017, 01:57:52 am
  • Fate's Persona
In case you need it,i have video proof.

Also,Bandicam is awesome :D 
I might make some HDBZ fight videos to your honour
When or if i become good enough that is :p
#132  January 06, 2017, 02:11:41 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nah I don't need video proof. That quote I shared shows Balthazar told me about the issue too. I won't release another update for it since its minor but it'll be fixed for the pack :)
#133  January 06, 2017, 09:42:25 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

:picco:
           This combo is epic, sweet demon lord!
#134  January 06, 2017, 01:11:08 pm
#135  January 06, 2017, 01:25:27 pm
  • Fate's Persona
I apologise for kind of ruining the work you put on that great page but the ssgss are cheap and not meant to be playable.

In case people want their palletes,just remove them from their pal folders and put them to Vegeta's and SSJ Goku's

Also,the guide on how to add new pals on Piccolo is not in this update,that means it'll be on full build,maybe.
I figure but don't want to assume.
Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:31:05 pm by AgentofDestiny
#136  January 06, 2017, 02:45:10 pm
I apologise for kind of ruining the work you put on that great page but the ssgss are cheap and not meant to be playable.

In case people want their palletes,just remove them from their pal folders and put them to Vegeta's and SSJ Goku's

Also,the guide on how to add new pals on Piccolo is not in this update,that means it'll be on full build,maybe.
I figure but don't want to assume.

Thanks for info! They slightly changed the content of news
#137  January 07, 2017, 12:52:07 pm
  • Fate's Persona
In case you have a question about the game? how to do stuff,don't hesitate to ask.

Also Z2 Team, i saw this a long while and
i think it would make a great comedic contrast to his Z2 epicness

As a winpose (or just see it for shits and giggles)

Who am i kidding it's too late for that xD
Piccs is done.

EDIT: @Just No Point:
              If it is not a lot of code or hard to do,you should really do something about the clones running toech other eternally xD
              the issue i told you about on your releases thread,if you remember.

Also,no one did a classic Piccolo pallete or like his full body portrait,i wonder why  :???:
Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:32:01 am by AgentofDestiny
#138  January 11, 2017, 11:23:51 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Nice release, but the running cycle really bothers my eyes. I don't know if it's the movement speed or the animation that is off. But something isn't right.

PS.
I know this will be fixed later on anyway, but the timing gets weird when the hitpauses isn't like all the other HDBZ characters.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#139  January 11, 2017, 11:46:57 am
  • Fate's Persona
@GDPenguin:

It's the movement speed ,the animation is fine.
Piccolo is the slowest Z2 character yet.
I asked that i while ago and i was told it is part of his "clunkiness".
Also,don't expect the speed to be fixed as it's on purpose like this.
Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:13:55 pm by AgentofDestiny
#140  January 11, 2017, 01:08:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nice release, but the running cycle really bothers my eyes. I don't know if it's the movement speed or the animation that is off. But something isn't right.
Not sure what to do to fix that without remaking the animation.

PS.
I know this will be fixed later on anyway, but the timing gets weird when the hitpauses isn't like all the other HDBZ characters.
???
The hitpauses are lifted from the other HDBZ characters. I just went and checked again to be sure. They match Vegeta's at least.

It's the movement speed ,the animation is fine.
Piccolo is the slowest Z2 character yet.
I asked that i while ago and i was told it is part of his "clunkiness".
Also,and expect the speed to be fixed as it's on purpose like this
I like to think of him as a weird version of a throw character. Because once you land one of his several set up moves you basically control them for a good while. Think of it like King's multi part throws from Tekken but with strict timing windows.