YesNoOk

Dynasty Warriors 9  (Read 3273 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, December 17, 2016, 02:09:57 pm
Share this topic:
Dynasty Warriors 9
#1  December 17, 2016, 02:09:57 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

During the a livestream from Tokyo, Koei Tecmo announced the new numbered chapter of the Dynasty Warriors (Shin Sangokumusou) franchise with Dynasty Warriors 9 (Shin Sangokumusou 8).

DW9 was introduced by Sony Interactive Entertainment President Atsushi Morita, and it was revealed during the stream that the title will be open world.

While no platform was announced, it’s safe to assume that the game will appear on Playstation 4 due to the introduction by Morita-san and the mention that the studio decide to challenge an open world game due to the fact that the hardware specs now allow this kind of gameplay environment.

Some of the trailer and open world concept artworks can be seen at
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/17/dynasty-warriors-9-announced-koei-tecmo-teaser-trailer-artwork-will-open-world/

First new character announced is Zhou Cang from the forces of Shu. He is also playable in the upcoming crossover game Musou Stars.
Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:20:16 pm by Hoffmann
Re: Dynasty Warriors 9
#2  December 17, 2016, 09:06:15 pm
    • Brazil
I must say that Zhou Cang looks really hot. Nobody is safe from Koei's love for prettiness.

In Dynasty Warriors Blast, a mobile game, this is how he looked like:
Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:06:17 pm by Lord M
#3  December 17, 2016, 09:45:38 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
He just looks younger tbh
Still hyped
Looks alot like 8 and 7 but I'm honestly hoping for more challenging stages,or just more hype stages in general,like Lu Bu's Showdown in Xiapi was in 8
#4  December 17, 2016, 10:06:22 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
aaand the first info update!

A Famitsu interview with Koei Tecmo’s Masaki Furusawa and Akihiro Suzuki reveals that all 83 characters that appeared up until Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will appear in the game. Zhou Cang will appear as a new playable character, alongside several other new characters, but not too many.

When it came down to the next numbered title, in thinking that it would be pointless to follow the same pattern, they figured that a new Dynasty Warriors would be most interesting if it used an open world.

All of China is reproduced. While the Chinese land is a vast one, there are a lot of mountains, so places where battles can take place are limited. For this reason, they’re creating places like Hulao Pass and Zhongyuan in detail.

Know-how is shared within the company. Because the nature of the open world is different from that of Toukiden 2, that technology cannot be used as it is, but that which can be appropriated will be utilized.

They want to change input methods such as Square button for a standard attack and Triangle button for a charge attack. The concept of “being a match for a thousand” will remain, so something like Musou Ranbu will remain.

They’re aiming to make Zhao Cang a comedic character. His weapon is the “Dai Satsu Katana.” It is large and offers dynamic actions. He is a character that combines both excitement and speed, and promises to be fun to use.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/dynasty-warriors-9-announced#yliWiQUvowMqAfr8.99
#5  December 17, 2016, 10:15:30 pm
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
i hear this will be a world map open i mean much bigger than others dw previus games :D
#6  December 17, 2016, 10:18:04 pm
All of China is reproduced. While the Chinese land is a vast one, there are a lot of mountains, so places where battles can take place are limited. For this reason, they’re creating places like Hulao Pass and Zhongyuan in detail.
Hell yeah.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#7  December 17, 2016, 10:23:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Sounds also like they adopt the charge /hyper attack system from the last Samurai Warriors games, more mobility, faster to travel around while attacking = great!
#8  December 17, 2016, 11:15:09 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I really hope they add Wang Ping to the playable Roster , been waiting for him to be in the game since DW5

SNT

#9  December 18, 2016, 05:56:54 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Excited as fuck to see what the new generation has to offer.

Sounds also like they adopt the charge /hyper attack system from the last Samurai Warriors games, more mobility, faster to travel around while attacking = great!
God I hope not. SW4 was disappointing as hell to me, it was just hyper attacking everything on your way between officers.
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:07:17 am by SNT
#10  December 18, 2016, 10:46:19 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Well I did so as well often, but I think the problem is that all the normal soldiers are just no force at all, they are just there, standing and walking and that's about it except you stand there for 10+ seconds to let them attack you.

The enemy AI should be buffed up to be more agressive, I think it was pretty good in DW 2-4