YesNoOk

Beta 339 is out (Read 43101 times)

Started by SakirSoft, June 24, 2009, 10:19:47 pm
Beta 339 is out
#1  June 24, 2009, 10:19:47 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Some of you may be already noticed that the new beta build 339 is out.
You can find it on the download section of my site.

You have the option to download the installer or the zip version.
When using the zip archive be sure to install al the prerequisites which are
under the "Prerequisites"  folder.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
Re: Beta 339 is out
#2  June 25, 2009, 12:44:12 pm
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
The MK VS SF characters by ESFAndy all have problems when I tried them out . Shin Lvl 2 Akuma *Edit* has many problems like like fireball shadow being a square , some of his supers doesn't work correctly with the new camera ( Mainly the camera needs an option where it only views the opponent during some of the players supers ) , Chameleon is unable to jump up-forward twice and has harpoon animation problems , and many more . Anyway you can fix those characters in next release Sakir ?
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:49:09 pm by AceKombat
#3  June 25, 2009, 12:48:20 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
www.sakirsoft.com
#4  June 25, 2009, 12:51:46 pm
When you can provide me a link to the char and bug report i will look at it.

here a example how it works.
http://www.sakirsoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.0

You will see the bug report and how they got fixed

Thanks , and will report all that I can with all of ESFAndy's MK VS SF characters . You don't mind if I post it in this thread Sakir ? If so I will edit this post with the bugs and related stuff with ESFAndy's MK VS SF characters .
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:54:50 pm by AceKombat
#5  June 25, 2009, 12:56:11 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
www.sakirsoft.com
#6  June 25, 2009, 05:37:49 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
nice work bro!

my friend max beta told me this!  ;D

I am interested in creating a stage for the engine!  :sugoi:

my only problem was with these two files:
OpenAL32.dll
d3dx9_33.dll

but i fix it! and the engine run good now!
#7  June 26, 2009, 04:24:05 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Hehe...I sure did. Great release Sakir, I just got to testing it a little and so far so good.

I was wondering how I can implement that stage zoom in zoom out effect to a stage.

Could you enlighten me a bit about this feature and how it can be implemented to stages?

Also, I patiently await the PSP release which I think will be pretty impresive by the looks of this build.

Thanks.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#8  June 26, 2009, 09:33:04 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com

Hehe...I sure did. Great release Sakir, I just got to testing it a little and so far so good.

I was wondering how I can implement that stage zoom in zoom out effect to a stage.

Could you enlighten me a bit about this feature and how it can be implemented to stages?

Also, I patiently await the PSP release which I think will be pretty impresive by the looks of this build.

Thanks.

First of all convert your stage with the stageconvert included with ShugenDo.
You can find it in the toolbox folder.

Your stage will have a xml file included with a the name of the stage.
Lets take stage0 from mugen as an example. The xml file will be stage0.xml.

Also each stage has its own folder in ShugenDo like chars.
Open the xml file and search for

<MaxDistanceBetweenPlayers value="290"/>

change the 290 to a greater value to allow the player to walk outside the normal stage bounds.
ShugenDo will zoom out as soon as the player walk out of the bounds.

Try it out and you will see what i mean.

www.sakirsoft.com
#9  June 29, 2009, 04:26:43 pm
Good job sarkisoft. Very impressive, mate  ;P

Quick question, could you estimate how many more builds will happen till new features from the suggestion section will start taking effect. NOT the psp, but the other suggestions that involves the engine itself. This is not me asking for it, just very curious.

Thanks in advance   :sugoi:
#10  June 29, 2009, 04:59:47 pm
    • Poland
I will answer, sakir correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure of that, Sakir have schedule and he will be add new features from time to time, but engine itself still is unifinished, and I think it need to be done first, before goodies start show up. I personally think, there will be many more builds before it's happen.

If you want show some support, please test chars, amd post bug from them, in Bug Testing section.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#11  June 29, 2009, 07:59:37 pm
Sure thing I'm doing bug testing on the few characters I have. But here is the thing if you dont mind me saying so. Theres like over a thousands mugen characters and characters  being release time to time. Are we trying to bug fix every last one of them including characters being release weekly?   That would take infinite time don't you think?

I have 20 characters in my mugen, I will report if I find anything/
#12  June 29, 2009, 10:21:47 pm
    • Poland
Lol obviously not, it's just that most bugs affect on many chars, so if you, let say, discover one bug and Sakir fix it, this particular bug will be gone in any chars that suffer from him.

What I'm trying to say, that every bug reports help Sakir find it and fix it faster, so overall compatibility increase each time when it's happen. Sakir gets really small omounts of reports here. On his forum I and couple other, we trying to test many chars as possible but still there could be done more in this matter. I can't force anyone to test, but I'm trying encourage anyone who is interesed in ShugenDo. I'm random player, I have almost 0 knowledge about coding or creating chars, and I'm still able to find bugs and compare how char react in Mugen and ShugenDo. So if I can do it, anyone can do it aswell.

So if anyone want to show support to Sakir and his work, please check out latest build, test characters (different gameplays and authors if possible, because more features will be tested this way) and post bug report. That's the main reason why Sakir release those builds, to get bug reports and feedback regarding them. Every report will be readed and fixed sooner or later so get going :P
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#13  June 29, 2009, 11:02:41 pm
Would it be better then if I just wait for the next version if Sakir fixes the bugs I listed on Shin Lvl 2 Akuma ? That way the bugs for the other MK VS SF characters may be smaller and won't have the same issues , but I'm not sure if this is true .

#14  June 29, 2009, 11:47:53 pm
    • Poland
Well yeah best solution, in this situation, is focus on Bugs that happen in one particular char, than bugs that all chars have. I list common/shared bugs as under separate title, then I list bugs that happen in specific characters. You could do the same.

Because you test chars from ESFAndy it doesn't mean all bugs you may find is shared between them, that' why I suggest you to keep testing, or picking other chars.

#15  July 06, 2009, 09:41:16 pm
    • Peru
Just a quick question (sorry if it sounds noobish :-X), but are the platform features implemented in this version? If so, how do I apply them to stages? That's easily one of the features that mostly attracted me to this project. :)

If not, sorry for being a noob (if I am), but can they be expected soon?
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Beta 339 is out
#16  July 13, 2009, 05:12:38 am
I really do enjoy this ambitious project!  ;D

Though I was wondering why when I add characters into the char folder they don't show up in the game...

Also, since ShugenDo is homebrew for the PSP, and at least for testing purposes, you could try using a PSP emulator.  At least long enough to scrape together PSP cash while you test it.

EDIT: Then again, my character issue is probably my own stupidity.  Carry on.
Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:53:32 am by Batmanifestdestiny
#17  July 13, 2009, 11:49:39 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
I really do enjoy this ambitious project!  ;D

Though I was wondering why when I add characters into the char folder they don't show up in the game...

Also, since ShugenDo is homebrew for the PSP, and at least for testing purposes, you could try using a PSP emulator.  At least long enough to scrape together PSP cash while you test it.

EDIT: Then again, my character issue is probably my own stupidity.  Carry on.

I already have a psp and also have a private build on it. No worrys on that.
I appricate your support.
www.sakirsoft.com
Beta 339 is out
#18  July 13, 2009, 08:56:39 pm
so could I ask what the difference is between mugen and ShugenDo that makes some mugen characters not work on it?
#19  July 13, 2009, 09:04:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mugen is an older program whose support has been discontinued, shugendo is trying to emulate all of mugen functions so we can get a working mugen "successor"
The code for mugen is not available, so that means everything must be done from scratch.
Beta 339 is out
#20  July 13, 2009, 11:51:01 pm
Ah. that explains the character issues.

So, how would I set up FFU to make characters for ShuenDo?
#21  July 14, 2009, 12:56:42 am
    • Poland
Well in creating process, nothing is changed. I mean you should to be able create any stuff like you do (if you do) for Mugen and then you can try how it works in ShugenDo. Thanks to logs (they pop out in main directory of ShugenDo everytime you run it) you may find bugs that Mugen skips and eliminate them so char won't be acting strange in it. Any other bugs you find, are proably caused by engine so you need report them in Bug Testing section so Sakir can fix them.

As for not showing chars, they are showing actually. You just don't see portraits. To see them go to tools folder and run AllExtract tool which extract them from char, so ShugenDo read them (screenpack thing is different than in Mugen that's why novices see this as problem).

I strongly advise to check out FAQ and read me + any other documentation. All this things are there. If you would read them before, you wouldn't have to worried anout missing portraits or quetions. So before asking about other things check if it wasn't answered already, on site, docs or Sakir's Forum. Just friendly advice. 

#22  July 17, 2009, 10:24:31 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Question:

In comparison to the original MUGEN, how far are you people in recreating the engine and its features?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#23  July 18, 2009, 04:22:10 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
#24  July 18, 2009, 06:29:53 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Question:

In comparison to the original MUGEN, how far are you people in recreating the engine and its features?

Currently about 95% of all mugen functions are implemented. So most triggers and controllers are working.
But not all of them are working right in the moment and in the beta phase its up to find which are not working
right and to fix them.

www.sakirsoft.com
#25  July 24, 2009, 08:01:58 pm
In the next beta will we be able to configure our joypads in shugendo? I find it easier to test characters that way. Like executing combos  and looser play style could lead to more bug findings. I could be wrong but I'm not testing basic characters, testing vs style characters with a keyboard is very limited, because theres alot of information in one character,there not basic at all. I could be wrong, but just throwing a idea out there for more doors on finding bugs quicker and easier.

The engine is looking very stable, with the characters I got, just some minor tweaks here and there.
Mvc2 player!
Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:15:38 pm by Jill Val
#26  July 26, 2009, 11:59:15 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
In the next beta will we be able to configure our joypads in shugendo? I find it easier to test characters that way. Like executing combos  and looser play style could lead to more bug findings. I could be wrong but I'm not testing basic characters, testing vs style characters with a keyboard is very limited, because theres alot of information in one character,there not basic at all. I could be wrong, but just throwing a idea out there for more doors on finding bugs quicker and easier.

The engine is looking very stable, with the characters I got, just some minor tweaks here and there.

You can change the keys in the config.xml file the hard way.
www.sakirsoft.com
#27  August 30, 2009, 04:44:13 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Question on making characters for ShugenDo:

Is it possible to configure an existing MUGEN characters (like Old Pikachu) to be playable in ShugenDo?

And if so, what is needed to be done to make the character playable?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#28  August 30, 2009, 07:45:58 pm
    • Poland
You just add char (to know how check readme or FAQ) normally and it should be playable. Log file should tell you how mnuch bugs he have. Fixing them might improve his playablity. Rest of bugs is caused by engine and its needs to be reported in Bug Report section.

#29  September 01, 2009, 12:45:09 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hey Sakir, how are you pal?

We (me and VT) need to talk with you about ShugenDO, because the next FF version will be ShugenDo compatible. So, we need some info about ShugenDo.

see ya
#30  September 02, 2009, 09:34:55 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Hey Sakir, how are you pal?

We (me and VT) need to talk with you about ShugenDO, because the next FF version will be ShugenDo compatible. So, we need some info about ShugenDo.

see ya

Feel free to pm me or contact me on msn.
www.sakirsoft.com