YesNoOk

Those video games you love & hate at the same time (Read 12246 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, December 14, 2014, 02:11:19 am
Share this topic:
Those video games you love & hate at the same time
#1  December 14, 2014, 02:11:19 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
The subject is about those games you hated for various reasons but for some damn reason you played it anyway from time to time. Sometimes you never ended it or you just played it through anyway to get it over with and just to say you ended it. What was that One game or games you experienced that with? You can explain your experiences about them if you'd like not or not.

I had my fair share of those for sure but ill start with this one that comes to mind first below because although i hated it for a particular reason i still liked it enough to play through it and end it. Mind you i only cared to play and end it once and never cared to play it again smh

RESIDENT EVIL 5

Yes. i still have it because im a RE fan and yes i didnt enjoy it as much as i enjoyed RE4 for a particular reason. It was that shitty partner A.I. of Sheva that just boiled me up :bomb:. I dont know, maybe others here had a different experience but my god this game pissed me off because of that crap in the worst situations. Either the AI was too stupid to get out of the way or i found her just poppin shots off in the wrong direction or just at targets that made her waste bullets. That plus she would get caught and stuck at the wrong time where i needed that back up. The RE games after that one i never had that issue with the partner A.I. A couple other friends laughed and said the same thing at the time about that but they still enjoyed the game. The game was great but man that part of it just made me hate it more so smh....
Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:27:53 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
Re: Those video games you love & hate at the same time
#2  December 14, 2014, 02:13:48 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Smash Brothers Melee=It's fun when you're kicking butt, but extremely annoying when you blow up and die.

Playstaion All Stars Battle Royale=Fun, somehow, despite being really stupid, but Sackboy's moveset sucks, which stinks, because he's my main...

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion=Same as Smash, but with a bunch of glitches.

Mario Sports Mix=Dodgeball, nuff said.

Pac-Man Party= Uhhhhhhh... Had bosses, some mingames were fun, great graphics, but just about everything else stunk.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:35:17 am by タイタニックリバース
#3  December 14, 2014, 02:19:11 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
XCOM

One day I'll be smart and bold enough to save the earth without XcomUtil and savescumming.
#4  December 14, 2014, 02:22:26 am
    • USA
Dark souls:

I want to entirely love the game but sheesh man its just too damn hard. I got further this time in that big Cavern of skeletons that be shooting arrows at you everywhere (deep in the caves just past that Torch holding demon Mystic er something) but man all i do is mostly run through there and die now. This has been month 4 er so now i stopped playing it...I gotta be in the mood to play it because i know the abuse thats coming with it lol

&

Dead Rising:

::) Im a huge zombie fan so that makes me play it still when im in the mood but sheesh that game is hard too. Im trying to get all the cases but between the time needed to complete certain cases (for the real ending) and just the difficulty of keeping survivors unharmed its a pain in the ass. So its been a good 3 years er so since i played that shit....DR2 isnt as tough as the first IMO (which ive ended already).
#5  December 14, 2014, 02:27:41 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
-Shadow The Hedgehog: Very, very interesting take on Shadow's story after SA2 on paper, but really bad when it was actually made. I still love this game.

-Castlevania: Dracula X: One of the best Castlevania games I've ever played (first one, tbh), but the fucking controls drove me nuts!

-Kingdom Hearts: CoM (GBA version): Great graphics, great way to connect KH and KH2. Battle system sucks, IMO.

-Ehrgeiz: I fucking love the idea of the game, the gameplay, and the inclusion of FF7 characters. But the camera is really bad though.
This is a generic forum signature.
#6  December 14, 2014, 02:33:03 am
    • USA
-Ehrgeiz: I fucking love the idea of the game, the gameplay, and the inclusion of FF7 characters. But the camera is really bad though.

lol yeah i agree. I actually still have that old import CD for PSX actually^^

Keep the input coming guys. This is pretty interesting stuff to read and share! haha
#7  December 14, 2014, 02:43:05 am
  • For honor!
Shadow the Hedgehog: This game is godawful. The level designs are crap, losing only some of your rings instead of all of them is an obvious excuse to all the cheap hits you will be experiencing, the mission system is more obnoxious than interesting, Chaos control sucks if you want to do missions but becomes broken as hell during bosses, being able to adjust the camera would be an improvement if it didn't fuck itself all the time anyway, the homing attack tends to be suicidal, Shadow handles almost as poorly as Metal Sonic in Sonic R, you have to stop if you want to pick up guns, you often have to stop to wait for slow moving platforms to jump on, you have to stop to do dumb puzzles, and....Gaaaaahhh. What kept me going to finish this game though was the amusingly retarded plot filled with hilariously dull and poorly rendered characters.

True Crime: New York City/Sonic 2006/Sonic Boom/Mortal Kombat Advance/Superman 64: These games are really useful to me for one thing and one thing only: Entertaining people with all the glitches.

Battle Monsters and Primal Rage: Awful fighting games made enjoyable by their atmosphere and bizarre though heavily flawed systems.

D: Another game that's absolute garbage as a game but is enjoyable to experience because of the atmosphere.

Iroha stripped for me
#8  December 14, 2014, 02:53:21 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Left 4 Dead 2, I can go from having fun to wanting to ragequit after a few seconds, the director being a loathsome cunt, idiotic teammates, or just retardation from the bots really make me despise that game sometimes.
#9  December 14, 2014, 02:55:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Shadow the Hedgehog: the homing attack tends to be suicidal, Shadow handles almost as poorly as Metal Sonic in Sonic R

This reminds me of all the times I rage quit when playing the Cryptic Castle, Mad Matrix, Cosmic Falls (holy shit), and Black Comet levels. And yeah, Chaos Control is a good excuse for level skip, unfortunately.....

lol yeah i agree. I actually still have that old import CD for PSX actually^^

Keep the input coming guys. This is pretty interesting stuff to read and share! haha

Oh yeah, Prince Doza and Han Dae Han all the way....
This is a generic forum signature.
#10  December 14, 2014, 02:59:35 am
    • USA
Left 4 Dead 2, I can go from having fun to wanting to ragequit after a few seconds, the director being a loathsome cunt, idiotic teammates, or just retardation from the bots really make me despise that game sometimes.

LOL i love that game. there were times that certain situations pissed me off so bad online i had to laugh. Me and friends used to play that shit a lot online at the time and it never failed...Before the day was over either someone always got pissed with some random dude because he fucked up OR someone got mad because they got left for dead  ::) lol
#11  December 14, 2014, 03:26:47 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
No More Heroes: I hated the fact that the only reason to fully explore Santa Destroy was to find extra cash, bonus shirts, and those Lovikov balls or whatever the frig they're called. Also, the part-time job and exercise minigames in that game were extremely boring. But even with these gripes, I managed to stick with it.
#12  December 14, 2014, 07:58:26 am
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: I love the idea of this game, I love the characters in this game, I love how Capcom went the extra mile to make characters feel like they came from their source games in some cases instead of just fitting them into the versus series template, I hate the stupidly tiny amount of singleplayer content, I hate the cheap-ass endings, I can't play it worth a damn and never got the hang of switching between characters or X-Factor or any of that shit, I can play as any one character but the 3v3 aspect breaks my brain.

:|
#13  December 14, 2014, 07:01:35 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Primal Rage - It has such an AWESOME premise, FUCKING DINOSAURS FIGHTING. It's also pretty decently-animated. But my god is it stiff. I'm glad in the later versions, they fixed the controls to be more traditional, but it's still a pain to actually play.

Shaq Fu - Awesome music and animations, hilarious concept, but the input detection SUCKS. Hard.

Capcom Fighting Jam - Not gonna lie, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's aesthetically nice, has an awesome roster, but dear god the way they executed it... why not have selectable styles since it's literally built on top of CvS2, or at least a universal system?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle - MAN I was hyped for this... but the netplay and every single character using QCF commands is just... ugh. It felt so phoned in at that point. And not EVERY character needs an ORAORAORA-type move. In spite of that, the game has quite a bit of variation, but I wish they got a bit more creative with it. The netplay is also worse than Vanilla SF4.
#14  December 14, 2014, 07:46:21 pm
    • USA
Shadow the Hedgehog: I 100%'d this on the PS2 long time ago, I can't believe I went through that hell and survived.

Sonic Adventure 2: I had over 300 hours (I think it was actually 500 but I'm not sure) in my savedata (And you can add 100 more to that, I played it without a VMU for a long time) before my Dreamcast died. Nowadays I have the Steam version and the only badges I'm missing are related to the chao garden. I can't push myself to play that game even more just to grind for animals and THEN play every single damn chao race event, ugh.

Guilty Gear Isuka: 100%'d that one too. What a waste of time :|
#15  December 14, 2014, 07:57:21 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Cartoon Network Speedway - God, it was an ugly game, but the fact that I could play as the Red Guy was simply glorious.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - Some moments were actually pretty funny, and it does show a bit if promise, but then it all just fell apart.
 _(:I> L)_   Sonic 06 was just unbearable altogether.

Snowboard Kids - I'm gonna get first, I'm gonna get firs- *runs into wall next to small entry point to the elevator, gets hit with frying pans, gets hit by every weapon in the game, comes last*

#16  December 14, 2014, 08:00:16 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Eastern Mind: Lost Souls of Tong-Nou: Awesome music, art, concept, and its a fun point and click. But the puzzles are convoluted as all hell and tedious after awhile.

King of Fighters XIII: As far as fighters go, absolutely gorgeous. Love the roster, music and gameplay. However I have a lot of problems with how strict the execution is.

Yu-Gi-Oh Dungeon Dice: Fun concept but dicerolling a million times so you can match two sides and summon a monster gets boring really quick.
#17  December 14, 2014, 08:03:40 pm
    • USA
King of Fighters XIII: As far as fighters go, absolutely gorgeous. Love the roster, music and gameplay. However I have a lot of problems with how strict the execution is.

I didnt have an issue with that though but lord the netcode online was Horrible! ::) I still love the game but i just dont care to play online matches anymore smh

Guilty Gear Isuka: 100%'d that one too. What a waste of time :|

YES i agree...i actually bought that shit back at the time and couldnt wait to trade it in immediately. Well At least it wasnt as bad of an experience as Overture smh

Capcom Fighting Jam - Not gonna lie, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's aesthetically nice, has an awesome roster, but dear god the way they executed it... why not have selectable styles since it's literally built on top of CvS2, or at least a universal system?

lol yeah i agree. Good thing it was just a burn copy though i had installed into my modded G1 Xbox at the time.
#18  December 14, 2014, 08:22:00 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Shadow of the Colossus -- an appreciable yet frustrating affair for being very realistic in parkour and horse handling. Far be it from this game to spoon feed the vast majority of casual gamers.

SvC Chaos: SNK vs Capcom -- granted, it's not CvS2, but what can I say? I grew up with this even whilst it was broken. Also amusing in that Ryu has -- for once, even if OoC -- a personality.
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:42:00 pm by UrbaneVirtuoso
#19  December 14, 2014, 08:34:29 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
steam kof xiii netcode is good.
#20  December 14, 2014, 09:18:46 pm
    • USA