YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 663407 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Movie Opinions
#5061  January 29, 2018, 04:10:07 am
    • USA

post your movie opinions

i'll start:
i think i love shrek when i was a child, the characters were good, the writing was great, the animation was perfect, the music it's awesome, and the voice acting was gud 8/8,

i'll give a 10/10 for this movie and also for the sequel of course. :thumbsup:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#5062  January 31, 2018, 06:58:31 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Jigsaw

I was a die hard fan of the series when I was a teen, so when I heard there was gonna be a newer one that is still in the main timeline of the series (as in not a reboot), I was quite excited. Of course since I grew up I'm not as much of a die hard fan anymore but I still love the police investigation plot, along with the character relations and stuff, and the plot twists that served some pretty interesting endings and the Jigsaw philosophy of them.

Did I get all of that in this movie? Yes I did, is it the best of the series? Not really but I wasn't expecting that, first one is still the best but in all honesty I thought this was a good entry in the series and I wasn't having high expectations or anything. The main game was interesting and it had an aspect about it that I really liked and hadn't been done before in the previous movies (not the gore, but the way it's "orchestrated" lets put it that way).

Now to avoid spoilers about the plot twist, I'll say that I did really like one part of it, and then other things happened kinda felt a little too convinient even for Saw. Another thing I'd like to say is if you like the series like I do and you haven't seen this entry yet, if you expect numerous references of throwbacks to the previous movies you're likely gonna be dissapointed because this is more or less its own movie, just in the same timeline that is all.

Maybe I'm overselling the movie but it was actually decent imho. The movie itself isn't too different from the previous ones, the most difference is the cinematography which looks way better than all the other ones.

7/10
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#5063  February 09, 2018, 12:40:35 am
  • 0% Hawaii
  • We wuz diktators
    • Guatemala
The Shape of Water

The good
+ Every scene looks gorgeous, but that's par for a del Toro movie. He does some amazing shit when working with water.
+ Sally Hawkins does a pretty good job. Octavia Spencer too
+ The social commentary isn't as hamfisted as it could be, especially if you're already used to del Toro's "it's ok to be weird" message. I think he did a good job by juxtaposing it with nostalgic imagery.

The bad
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The ugly
- I still think the asset looks like a second hand Abe Sapiens. I'd expect a bit more originality since del Toro loves to design monsters.
#5064  February 17, 2018, 04:54:58 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The seige continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Black Panther

What can I say ... the acting was among the best I've seen in a Marvel flick, the action sequences were powerful and authoritative, the jokes (though few in number) were inserted into moments that felt appropriate (e.g. the sibling prods of T'Challa and Shuri), and the motivational delivery of Michael B. Jordan's Killmonger was, frankly, rather heart-wrenching.  I give it two thumbs up. :2thumbsup:

Although not quite as telling as I had anticipated, the mid- and post-credit scenes were suitable additions to the film.

Current Projects:
Stage Rectifications (1st Batch) / Sprite Corrections for ???
Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:45:43 am by Mature4evr
#5065  February 25, 2018, 04:23:45 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Blade of The Immortal (2017)
some elements work much better/ cooler/ believable in drawn format than live acted for sure, but I'm not hating it. 
#5066  March 07, 2018, 02:07:33 pm
Tomb Raider (2018)
the movie itself is 1/3 pointless hipster stuff, 1/3 (midnight blissed) rambo: first blood part 2, 1/3 Indiana jones: raiders of the lost ark, however Mrs. Fassbender looks really muscular, I think she could look good as Cammy White.
#5067  April 12, 2018, 05:42:10 am
    • USA
    • blazeheatnix1@gmail.com
Black Panther

It was pretty good. The villain was great and it didn't force a "black power" message that so many other films would have. My only complaints are the effects, which seemed pretty cheap, and some of the logic of how they portray Wakanda.
#5068  April 29, 2018, 07:31:47 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The seige continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Avengers: Infinity War

Vaguely speaking, the movie indisputably makes good on the promise of the 10-year payoff (e.g. awesome superhero pairings and team dynamic, bold use of Thanos' menace and intellectual superiority, highly effective emotional resonance, and one ferocious gut punch of an ending).  Without a doubt, the Russos nailed what many had deemed unfathomable. :impressed:

Current Projects:
Stage Rectifications (1st Batch) / Sprite Corrections for ???
#5069  May 03, 2018, 12:25:22 pm
avengers
it was action packed, so many things going on in a single movie, I'm not a superhero comic reader, so maybe it is just me who think Captain america doesn't look at all like captain america lol.
#5070  May 18, 2018, 03:54:31 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Infinity War

After Civil War I got tired/bored of super heroes movies but decided to watch this one because of all those Thanos memes. Well... as I expected, the forced humor is still there, the fight scenes are awesome, every group got a good amount of screen time and the pace was really good, great movie.

Lasagna
#5071  May 19, 2018, 02:06:30 am
  • Why do unis cram all tests in one month
  • Pet your nearest animal
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Infinity war
watched it with a few friends so that might have ruined the experience but the entire movie was just dumb(In a fun way tho)
I know they had to work with a lot of characters but for an almost 3 hour movie,characters themselves were really forgettable
Like the few times they cut back to Thor I'd have pretty much forgotten what he even was doing. Then he gets more attention near the end when the gang isn't as split up but by that point I really didn't care. Also the movie utterly failed at making me feel connected with any of the characters as it just felt incredibly rushed (despite being almost 3 hours) and most characters were just...kinda there. Doing stuff I guess.
Look at 'em go.
Also the ending just had us laughing like nuts
Also they had to make the bad guy gain the upper hand somehow so they just made a fool out of Star Lord completely and pretty much crushed his credibility (Especially since he spent the most of the movie doing dumbass jokes instead of actually doing anything)
Also the hint at the end wasn't all that interesting

Overall it was ok-ish i guess. The fight scenes were ok,the effects were amazing and the emotional and story parts were incredibly weak