YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 823863 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2721  October 14, 2018, 09:19:41 pm
    • USA
Nobody is ever happy

Anyways, look as much as I wanna believe, I'll have to see more in order to be on board. Too many fake "leaks" for me to get on board so quickly
#2722  October 14, 2018, 09:42:59 pm
    • Brazil
Nobody is ever happy

Anyways, look as much as I wanna believe, I'll have to see more in order to be on board. Too many fake "leaks" for me to get on board so quickly
Well, it is from Vergeben, I consider him a credible source. Granted, I don't think it has a 100% chance of being true, but I never really do.
#2723  October 14, 2018, 10:00:11 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Vergeben has been extremely accurate on a lot of things like Smash and Soul Calibur, but oddly enough his track record on MvC specifically is pretty shoddy.  IIRC, his last leak about Infinite said his source was telling him that there were somewhere around 25 DLC characters in development with like a ton of X-Men and Breath of Fire characters.
#2724  October 14, 2018, 10:10:58 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He seems like he's got a solid in at Namco and Netherrealm but not necessarily Capcom

And he's not rock solid on Soul Calibur either
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2725  October 14, 2018, 10:35:59 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The thing you should know about Vergeben is that his info isn't his own, he just compiles what other people tell him.  Sometimes it's accurate and sometimes it's bogus like the French Bread Jojo's fighter and SC6 being on the Switch.
#2726  October 14, 2018, 11:46:08 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Hmmm... You know, wouldn't it be a better idea to make MvC4 instead of trying to resurrect the rotting corpse of Infinite?
#2727  October 15, 2018, 02:31:42 am
    • Mexico
For anyone interested in what Vergeben has leaked to be considered "reliable" here are some of the things he leaked:
*TMNT in Injustice 2
*Base Goku and Vegeta as DLC for DBFZ
*The Switch version of FighterZ
*Several characters in SoulCalibur 6: Groh, Azwel, Taki, Zasalamel and Tira being the most notable of them
*Smash Ultimate, Ridley, Simon Belmont and Isabelle
*Mario Party 11, which turned out to be Super Mario Party
*A Castlevania compilation that turned out to be Requiem
*The new Samurai Shodown

Now, the guy hasn't been wrong about anything for the last 4 months or so. Things could change of course, but considering how more careful he's been about leaking stuff, I'm going to trust him about this.

I hope Marvel gets their shit together regarding some of the issues with the game this time (worst offender being the decision to lock VAs to each company), but I don't have that many hopes for a better reception even if all the issues were fixed, mainly because of some hypocritical attitudes in the FGC that I'd rather not rant about.
#2728  October 15, 2018, 03:45:23 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

With the recent revival (though admittedly still small) of beat em ups I'm really hoping to see more Battle Circuit and Captain Commando characters. May be even Alien Vs Predator.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#2729  October 15, 2018, 05:49:44 am
    • Brazil
Vergeben has been extremely accurate on a lot of things like Smash and Soul Calibur, but oddly enough his track record on MvC specifically is pretty shoddy.  IIRC, his last leak about Infinite said his source was telling him that there were somewhere around 25 DLC characters in development with like a ton of X-Men and Breath of Fire characters.
Okay, I'm pretty sure his leak didn't reach 25 characters, also, maybe, just maybe, there WERE things being planned for MvC:I, its not like Capcom made the game to just drop it afterwards, right? They wanted to have another season, it makes sense, but it likely got cancelled (or postponed to MvC4), 'cause the game died.

With the recent revival (though admittedly still small) of beat em ups I'm really hoping to see more Battle Circuit and Captain Commando characters. May be even Alien Vs Predator.
Battle Circuit and Captain Commando, maybe (specially considering a lot of people asked for beat'em up characters), but I don't see Alien VS Predator. It wasn't even in the Beat'Em Up Bundle, they probably don't have the rights to it.
#2730  October 15, 2018, 10:17:22 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...I don't see Alien VS Predator. It wasn't even in the Beat'Em Up Bundle, they probably don't have the rights to it.

I think Linn Kurosawa was made for the game, nothing outside of the Capcom beat 'em up related to her shows up in any search. They could probably still use her, if that's the case.

lui

#2731  October 16, 2018, 11:34:42 am
    • USA
no she's tied to the AvP game as a whole as that was a licensed product. Atleast, that incarnation is.

They could always just re-make her into a new character with a slightly different name, outfit and origins, give her her abillities from that game and call it a day
#2732  October 16, 2018, 02:24:04 pm
That might defeat the whole point of a crossover game that includes known characters from various franchises.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2733  October 16, 2018, 03:19:27 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, if they were to make new versions for characters like Kurosawa, then the roster would include way too many original characters for what is supposed to be a crossover. They could always try and make a deal for the rights to use her, its unlikely, but not impossible.

lui

#2734  October 16, 2018, 07:01:10 pm
    • USA
#2735  October 16, 2018, 08:14:01 pm
    • Brazil
That might defeat the whole point of a crossover game that includes known characters from various franchises.

hey it didnt stop mvc2! heh
SonSon, I really don't get it, SonSon from MvC2 is the granddaughter of the original SonSon, like what the hell, why not include the original? But Ruby Heart and Amingo, from what I recall were scrapped concepts for characters, I think Ruby Heart and Amingo were rejected Darkstalkers concepts that were made real once MvC2 came out, though I cannot find a confirmation.
#2736  October 16, 2018, 09:59:57 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
no she's tied to the AvP game as a whole as that was a licensed product. Atleast, that incarnation is.

They could always just re-make her into a new character with a slightly different name, outfit and origins, give her her abillities from that game and call it a day

The Linn Kurosawa character[concept, name and etcetera] problem is exactly what make her well known: ALIENS.

Remaking her origins, name and outfit[And especially the monsters which her always faced against] for a crossover would literally break the purpose of the character and the crossover thing. Unless Capcom make a brand new game with Linn and the other characters in a very parallel universe but maintaining the cyberpunk style from the AvP. [Let's not forget Disney has bought Fox, so there's also a small and almost unrealistic chance for linn with the original Alien Vs Predator game background in a hypothetical new MvC game]

People mentioned Sonson from MvC2 but although she is not the same character from the classic game it respected the origins of that game.

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#2737  October 16, 2018, 10:45:58 pm
SonSon, I really don't get it, SonSon from MvC2 is the granddaughter of the original SonSon, like what the hell, why not include the original? But Ruby Heart and Amingo, from what I recall were scrapped concepts for characters, I think Ruby Heart and Amingo were rejected Darkstalkers concepts that were made real once MvC2 came out, though I cannot find a confirmation.
For Sonson I always imagined they just wanted an excuse to make another girl. And yes, Amingo was a Darkstalkers reject and Ruby Heart was.... a throwback to some older pirate game ? Well, just like Sonson, I think she was invented for MvC2 but with a background firmly in that older game. So for both girls, there was still the strong connection with the older franchise that was thrown in the crossover. Rewriting Lynn with a background that doesn't step on Alien property would be self-defeating.
edit - http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Ruby_Heart#Trivia you're right, Ruby's also a Darkstalkers reject.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:51:39 pm by Byakko
#2738  October 16, 2018, 10:50:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
. [Let's not forget Disney has bought Fox, so there's also a small and almost unrealistic chance for linn with the original Alien Vs Predator game background in a hypothetical new MvC game]

^ That's a few two many legalistic hoops to jump through, there.  Marvel and Fox might be owned by the same parent company now, but that doesn't mean that any movies Fox owns the rights to suddenly count as Marvel Comics properties.
#2739  October 16, 2018, 10:54:48 pm
I mean... Disney could throw Alien characters if they wanted to (well, not right now, maybe in 5 years), but then it would be Disney vs Capcom, not Marvel vs Capcom, and it would probably be Disney stepping on a whole bunch of Marvel toes not that a lot of Marvel artists like to draw feet anyway. But on the other hand, since Capcom created Linn, it would suddenly be easier to add her on Capcom's side if someone really wanted her as hard as, say, Hiryu. I just don't think anyone will bother to go that far ?
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:59:11 pm by Byakko

lui

#2740  October 17, 2018, 01:54:30 am
    • USA
They would need to go to whoever has any joint ownership over the AvP brand and basically have her be licensed out to Capcom like how they do with striders manga creator