YesNoOk

MvC3 Alice from Asura Buster (Updated: 07/28/2018) (Read 113694 times)

Started by Baby Bonnie Hood, April 11, 2018, 01:00:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MvC3 Alice from Asura Buster (Updated: 05/20/2018)
#21  May 20, 2018, 11:29:00 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I made an update.

Changelog:
- Burned, shocked, and Midnight Bliss animations.
- Two new Spooky Skeleton Summons.
- New alternate scene to an existing Spooky Scary Skeleton Summon.
- Meteor Skull aimed straight downwards now knocks opponents straight down; initial flying up attack now also has Clsn2.
- Oshare Bones language selection is now 50-50 instead of 90-10.
- Spooky Scary Skeleton Summon alternate scenes (both the new one and the existing one) made slightly less rare to appear.

I'm quite proud of the work I've put into her since her first release in April, which is just last month.  I should definitely channel that energy into my next character, though I'm still undecided on who that should be.
Re: MvC3 Alice from Asura Buster (Updated: 05/20/2018)
#22  May 25, 2018, 01:05:09 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
holn has made an excellent AI patch for her, which is obviously far better than the "throw out moves at random" routine I gave her.  So you can finally have a challenging fight with her, and watch her beat down her opponents in AI matches.

Link (look for "mvc3_Alice_AI(mugen1.0).zip"):
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7BB50F9EA9D9BECD%21105&cid=7BB50F9EA9D9BECD

Perhaps now she can be a legitimate competitor in Saltybet and Spriteclub.
Re: MvC3 Alice from Asura Buster (Updated: 07/28/2018)
#23  July 28, 2018, 02:03:43 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
It's an update.

Changelog:
- Decreased horizontal velocity of opponent hit by air combo finisher after the first bounce.
- She no longer acts as if the throw was escaped if the opponent somehow recovers from the throw quickly enough.
- Changed X-factor visual from a blinking palette to a red aura, and added a prominent sound effect that I stupidly left out.
- X-factor now doesn't run out during the entirety of a successful hit of the level 3 super, not just during its cutscenes.
- Added another possible cutscene to the level 3 super.
- No more small probabilities, now all level 3 super cutscenes have an equal chance of happening.

Overall just another small update.  My primary goal of this was to update the aesthetics of X-factor in preparation for future creations.  And now that it's done and I like what I'm seeing and hearing, I'm gonna go ahead and get started on one of those future creations now.
#24  July 29, 2018, 02:10:20 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great character!

Any tips on MVC styled coding?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#25  July 29, 2018, 04:40:57 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#26  July 29, 2018, 05:17:27 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I suppose the most important part of coding MvC-style gameplay is to be familiar with it by having played the MvC games themselves.  Everything else all comes down to your coding skills and enough gameplay knowledge to not make the character too overpowered.