YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1523436 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2181  April 21, 2018, 05:19:02 pm
... You know, I'm not sure about that blue sperm splash everywhere even on the Kamehameha to signify that he's in Blue mode. It was fine when he's transforming, but on all his moves ? He could just shape the whole energy differently (aura, Kamehameha...) It would even help underline that the God mode is different from all the usual transformations.
I don't remember even noticing it that much before, but that Kamehameha just struck me as weird.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:23:32 pm by Byakko
#2182  April 21, 2018, 06:29:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
This isn't the end of Super.
Super is ending because they had various problems and they have no idea how to handle anything resembling pacing, but this is definitely not the end of what was planned to be the events in the 10 year gap.
We're not hitting the Uub tournament before a very long time. It's been two years and a half and we're barely over halfway there, including the hiatus and movie we still have at least three years to go if not more.
So you just have to consider that this actually isn't the end of Super.
(but I am expecting Trunks and Goten to start growing up a bit at last when "Super" or its sequel returns, come on guys, update your designs)

I haven't heard anything about messing with GT. I haven't heard anything about keeping it either, considering that it was never canon in the first place and Toriyama will probably ignore it if he ever decides to do a continuation to Z's final chapter. But so far there's little indication that he has any plan to do that. I figure that the end of Dragon Ball is the end of the manga in his head.

... oh right, actually, rejuvenating the Pilaf gang was already a fuck you to GT ever since the F movie. He's definitely ignoring GT.

Take into consideration that Nekomajin can now be canon.
All it needed was for Goku to be at EOZ and Freeza to be alive. Both things are valid now.

lui

#2183  April 22, 2018, 01:20:09 am
    • USA
manga in general is muuuuch more fast paced since toyotaro is treating it much more like an actual battle royale. so many characters who got some kinda spotlight even for a bit were shafted waaaay faster than usual
#2184  May 18, 2018, 02:33:17 am
Awesome stuff here, the SS hair looks awesome. Not that lego look it had before.
#2185  May 18, 2018, 03:09:58 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yes beerus and whis make their 3rd movie appearance
#2186  May 22, 2018, 08:37:00 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Latest Super chapter is out. It's going a lot quicker than I expected.
#2187  May 23, 2018, 08:29:27 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/

lui

#2188  May 23, 2018, 02:17:25 pm
    • USA
..as if that's even a big deal? he referenced stuff from other sources, yes, so do alot of other artists. people are freaking out as if toyotaro is some sort of fraud, he references the poses yes, but he isn't directly drawing over the original source :/

this is very common within manga and comics and just art in general. it's not some sort of huge conspiracy or anything but i guess the DB fandom thinks so

obviously its really bad to use it as a crutch and over do it but toyotaro has enough of his own material so it's not like he's doing it 24/7

drawing itself isn't even 100 percent referenced from cap: https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/998956768683266048
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:32:42 pm by Walruslui
#2189  May 23, 2018, 02:24:43 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Toyo just sticking to the Wally Wood method.
Never draw anything you can copy, never copy anything you can trace, never trace anything you can cut out and paste up
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#2190  May 23, 2018, 02:25:33 pm
Yeah, that's not tracing. Tracing is copying the exact lines. He only copied the pose, which isn't exactly rare.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2191  May 23, 2018, 03:52:23 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#2192  May 23, 2018, 04:36:47 pm
Now I'm more concerned that the pose isn't even any good for this artwork, it's a bad choice.
But it's not tracing. It's a straight copy of the pose.
#2193  May 23, 2018, 06:18:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yep, it's just a reference. Ic an think fo two authors that go to some amazing extremes to "trace", so much that you would call the non-tracers lazy.

oku hiroya, has been doing 3d renders of the individual panels since 1998, he then draws over them; most mangaka just do stickamn fgures for compisition.

boishi goes even further, he has "actors" that pose his action scenes so he can keep realistic proportions on interesting angles, he also shoot/destroys thing to get a proper looka t how certian things look while getting destroyed; but what I emant by taking it further is that he even travels internationally to take pictures of better backgrounds, incñuding climbing on poles (maybe even tresspassing) tog et better angles.

the whole "tracing/using references is bad" stinks of amateurism,
#2194  June 01, 2018, 01:54:53 am
Great stuff, this guy is insane.
#2195  July 02, 2018, 02:54:24 am
First DBHeroes episode was just 9 minutes. Ugh. And clearly they went full force in bringing back the movies again with Cooler and Bojack (also Cold somehow - I'm just waiting for Slug but apparently I'm the only one who liked him), which could be an acceptable concept, but the writing is sooooo lazy, they're just throwing everyone in a blender for the hell of it and that's it. Since they're even introducing Time Patrollers and not bothering even talking about it ("hi, I'm you from another world and I'm a Time Patroller, but enough talking, let's get moving"*), and given that it's only 9 minutes, it's complete fanservice crossover to promote the Heroes games. So it'll be a season of no point or sense, just random cool fights probably of questionable quality.
*Not the actual dialog
#2196  July 02, 2018, 04:12:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh, after a bunch if not the majority of most Dragon Ball news people saying how Blue Goku in this beats SSJ4 Xeno Goku to kick off the series, I figured that was just fact from the game that they were going to open with.  But that didn't really happen at all in this episode, in fact alongside with there barely being a conflict at all that ended pretty evenly, they're coming across as Xeno Goku is the stronger and in charge.  At least, that's what I was getting from his performance here, alongside, you know, being the time patroller looking to save the universes.

So I don't know an extensive amount of Heroes lore.  I know that the Saiyans that get brought back get ridiculous power-ups through wearing masks and the villains get similar power-ups through dragon balls being implanted into their bellies, but Cooler here is missing either.  So he's screwed against Trunks, yeah?  Or is this a Fighterz scenario and everyone's just on an even playing field just 'cuz?
#2197  July 02, 2018, 05:05:27 pm
Probably just 'cuz.
Huh, so I'm reading that those "episodes" only show up in arcade and not even on TV. So this explains that then, those aren't episodes, just the same thing as the various openings for each iteration of Heroes. It never was anything more than full promo for the arcade games, not a real season of Super as we were hoping to fill space until the movie. Okay.
#2198  July 02, 2018, 05:27:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I guess I will still watch them; though I ahve no idea of the db lore besides what we got for tv.
#2199  July 03, 2018, 12:15:24 am
    • Germany
The DB Heroes lore is similar to the DB Online and Xenoverse Lore, that Mira and Towa create distortions in Time and changing the Timeline to get power to restore the Demon realm and rule everything and so on, they can use magic to give Villians more Power, and boost that even to a extreme point when they enslave them with a Time Breaker Mask.

The Dragon Balls that can fuse with people are "Dark Dragon Balls" that where created by a version of Dende who was under the Mind Controll of the Demons, they fuse with people to absorb negative energie over time to give Dark Shenron more power.

Fu who was seen in the Promo Episode is the son of  Mira and Towa and is an odd character, he was created for Dragon Ball online (as a Baby) and fully introduced as a adult and playable character in the last big Xenoverse 2 story Update.

He has the power to create time rifts that are selfcontained and don't alter the regular timeline, and likes to create WHAT IF scenarios, and can absorb the energies of this rifts, he is neither good or evil and doesn't care for the other Demons and the demonrealm and just follows his own agenda.

Btw. I saw something interessting in the Promo episode, for a short time you could see Ozotto, a character that only appeared once in an old DBZ Arcade game.
#2200  July 03, 2018, 12:35:43 am
Btw. I saw something interessting in the Promo episode, for a short time you could see Ozotto, a character that only appeared once in an old DBZ Arcade game.
Oh, is that who it was ? With the focus off I figured it was King Cold. Makes more sense.