YesNoOk

Prisons bans Dungeons and Dragons (Read 8353 times)

Started by Randomish, February 02, 2010, 01:03:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Prisons bans Dungeons and Dragons
#61  February 04, 2010, 11:23:34 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I think Yagami Light was right, if you kill all the criminals then you'll have a better world and anyone would think twice due to fear.

what about those people who were falsely accused?
"A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time."
Ah, great. Now we've discarded in dubio pro reo (the base for USAA's reasonable doubt) and turned it upside down.

Remember me NOT to go to your country if you ever call the shots.

mass killings of criminals decreased crime rate drastically
This is statistically wrong, worldwide. The records of every country's violence and crime numbers support the notion that harsher laws DO NOT lead to less crime. A higher education budget and better redistribution of the resources (sup on guy with 44 houses and 40 guys sharing 1? let the guy with 44 houses have 4 and give the other guys 1 house+job) will have better results.

Studies show that the higher the breach between the poor and the rich, the more crime rises. If I were a State, I'ld put my $$$ in education, not punishment.

Shamrock, I think I agree with EVERYTHING you said. Really, 100%  :)
#62  February 05, 2010, 01:14:43 am
  • I got a PM.
Great.

Now all we need is a few billion more people and we can have the first hippie commune country.
#63  February 05, 2010, 01:28:47 am
Show me a hunter-gatherer tribe that rapes and kills each other.
Are you kidding me?
ABORIGINAL HUNTER GATHERERS AND RAPE
Seeds of warfare precede agriculture - war among hunter-gatherers

Get off your liberal horse before it pulls a Christopher Reeve on you.
If you wanna live a life like you're talking about, you're gonna have to put the entire human race in constant mode of survival, where there's no room to build a society. Wipe out 5.9 billion people and then you'll see crime decrease like you want.

We are human beings and this is what we do. The Aztecs brutally sacrificed each other. Native Americans (along with all tribes of the like) killed and raped and stole. Monkeys rape and murder each other.

This is nature. Maybe evolution will step in and aid us along to a new path of peace, but in our current state it ain't happening...stratification or not.   

OZ

#64  February 05, 2010, 01:57:43 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
In the good ol' days, crime directly affected survival, which is why most crimes had a death sentence attached.
Of course it was dealt with on a personal basis.

At least now we have room for compassion/mercy. If we're looking on the bright side of things.
ಠ_ಠ
#65  February 05, 2010, 01:59:45 am
    • Thailand
Every time I see this topic in the recent posts, I think to myself: People are allowed to play video games in prison? :gonk:

#66  February 05, 2010, 02:04:10 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Only PS2.
#67  February 05, 2010, 05:17:17 am
  • I got a PM.
Ok Doc Romi.

Show me the research in that post you just showed. There was none. Not a study to be found. From my anthropology class, I can tell you that even the hunter gatherers of today make hunting territories with neighbors and they exchange wives or husbands. As in they go outside to find them. Depending on the culture either the male leaves and joins the new tribe or it is the female.

These societies are egalitarian societies. Who ever wrote that shit you found, has stated an opinion based on the their wester civilized sick mind.

There was warfare though, but this was rare and usually was caused by climate change. As in the hunting ground turned to dust and they had to move in on another tribe and both would fight to see who would survive.
#68  February 05, 2010, 05:44:02 am
  • all is love in fair and war
since human is easily corrupted, now is the time we should let machine take over the justice role for us, they are more dependable and pure.

OZ

#69  February 05, 2010, 05:48:49 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
At the end of the movie they either rebel or decide that the only way to keep humans safe is to keep them caged.
Great movie.
ಠ_ಠ
#70  February 05, 2010, 06:22:28 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
We are human beings and this is what we do.

The Aztecs brutally sacrificed each other. Native Americans (along with all tribes of the like) killed and raped and stole. Monkeys rape and murder each other.

This is nature. Maybe evolution will step in and aid us along to a new path of peace, but in our current state it ain't happening...stratification or not.   
Ah, the good old 'natural' justification for socially defined matters. Aztecs' rituals were part of their religion, and being sacrificed to their god was an honor which they fought for- so, if you wanna quote hideous massacres mankind commited do so regarding the middle ages.
But what you seem to forget is that mankind, IMHO, has actually advanced.

We are more than animals. And I think we are going towards a more egalitarian society.

Human rights have developed beyond any boundaries (of course they are violated; but they exist!). Slavery has been abolished. Democracy has been implemented and is widely supported. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The development of these strong institutions is what keeps countries like Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and even USA (albeit a bit more corrupt than the last ones) and others what they are. Monkeys don't have any of those.
#71  February 05, 2010, 06:32:09 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I think Yagami Light was right, if you kill all the criminals then you'll have a better world and anyone would think twice due to fear.

what about those people who were falsely accused?
"A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time."
Ah, great. Now we've discarded in dubio pro reo (the base for USAA's reasonable doubt) and turned it upside down.

Remember me NOT to go to your country if you ever call the shots.
It wasn't as much a serious comment as it was a Warhammer 40k quote.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#72  February 05, 2010, 06:34:46 am
  • I got a PM.
I forgot to talk about the Aztec comment. Rom. The Aztecs were not hunter gatherers. Hunter gathers don't build freaking cities. The aztecs were not even close to to an egalitarian society like the hunter gathering tribes were and still are today.

Romi is not allowed to post until he looks up the dictionary definition of egalitarian, hunter-gatherer, and stratification.

My politics might be liberal but my statement was empirical.
#73  February 05, 2010, 07:11:30 am
hunters are hostile tribes because they eat meat to begin with, and they wanders to where the preys are, so they encounter other tribes, make war, and eat each other hearts, and once they taste human flesh they develop into maneater cannibals. and their faeces polluting the land tralling their campaign

land cultivater, and crop eaters, are the nice people...
they stick to their land, make something out of nothing, they are more hard working and have shedules in daily life. and their faeces work as fertilizer.

OZ

#74  February 05, 2010, 07:15:34 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
The hunter gatherers have no concept of land ownership and thus live peacefully with others.

The farming crop eaters greedily take ownership of the land and will fend off and kill intruders in 'their' space.
ಠ_ಠ
#75  February 05, 2010, 08:05:49 am
hunter tribes also do the same, once they find a good hunting spot, since they all moving along with the animal thus concentrated into one place. and they do well armed with lethal objects with them.

farmers might defend their crops, but the land is big enough for diffrent tribes to live peacefully.
#76  February 05, 2010, 08:09:39 am
  • I got a PM.
Farming is the origin of stratification. In a short amount of time we went from the first farm surplus, to the first thieves of said surplus, to the first security guards of surplus, to the first city built around the surplus, to the first empires built around said surplus.

The worst part is that the farming clans all the way up until recently had a real shitty life expectancy while the hunter-gatherers lived into their 80s.

We just caught back up to hunter-gatherer tribes in the last century.

OZ

#77  February 05, 2010, 08:11:45 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
The whole foundation of a hunting culture is nomadic.
It was only through farming that people began to build permanent settlements.

The farmers were not vegetarian and eating meat did not make hunters more violent.
ಠ_ಠ
#78  February 05, 2010, 08:18:58 am
no, but hunters don't cultivate, its diferent  from cattlers, they just consume and consume, and reproduce and live long, thus more consumate, that will ruin the balance of the ecosystem, if only they fought fair (without any tools or traps, then it will be more fair) but at that pace they will collapsed at some point and become  cannibals since they run out herbivores to hunt, can't hunt the big cats, so they eat each other meat.
#79  February 05, 2010, 08:48:43 am
  • I got a PM.
Where are you getting this stuff. Farming kills the ecosystem and farmers historically die young. Humans as hunter gatherers are part of the ecosystem. In the winter they hunt and one large animal last them days.

By what you just said, there shouldn't be in kangaroos left.

OZ

#80  February 05, 2010, 08:50:15 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Seeing as animals don't really farm in the sense that we do, farming kind of broke the ecosystem's balance in much the same way.
The development of permanent settlements and then cities utterly destroyed that balance.

The hunters were not strictly meat eaters. They were hunter/gatherers. They ate vegetation as well; humans have never eaten exclusively meat.

And the cannibalism theory is pretty out there.  :S
When the numbers of organisms is greater than the environment can sustain, the excess organisms will die off until balance is restored.
Cannabalism is a rare occurance of extreme scenarios.
ಠ_ಠ