YesNoOk

Requesting Neptune or Nepgear (Read 25883 times)

Started by Videogamer555, October 19, 2016, 05:20:50 am
Requesting Neptune or Nepgear
#1  October 19, 2016, 05:20:50 am
I'm interested in playing as either Neptune or Nepgear (characters from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series). Yes, I know that the characters in that game are 3d cg models, not sprites. However, even though a direct rip from the game couldn't be converted to Mugen sprites, it would still be possible for a good fan-artist to draw such sprites. So such a character could indeed exist, but I have yet to find such a character.

However, there is this one picture (and I've seen no other) that indicates that such a character might exist as a Mugen character. It's shown during a Youtube video which has a bunch of Hyperdimension Neptunia related images (some of which are obviously fake or fan-art). However, this one is plausible, given that Mugen exists. It 2 shows characters (Neptune, and some character in a black outfit) from the Neptunia games in what appears to be a 2d fighting game. It's possible that this entire picture is just fan art, but it's also possible that it's a screenshot of Neptunia Mugen characters. If so, I have no idea who made it, because I've never seen any hints of these characters existing on any Mugen website, so I have no other leads to track down in trying to find this character.

So this is my request for anybody who knows of such a character existing for Mugen, to please post a download for it here. And if it turns out that in fact this character does not exist, then this should be a request for somebody to make such a character. I'm sure there's quite a few Mugen character makers out there who are looking for a challenge. Please consider taking up this challenge.
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:37:37 am by Videogamer555
Re: Requesting Neptune or Nepgear
#2  October 19, 2016, 05:27:06 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
As much as I'd love to see them in as characters in Mugen...
Some notes:

Only request existing stuff!
Make sure that what you're requesting actually exists.  You can do that in the Does This Thing Exist? / Who Is The Author? / etc." thread, which is a sticky in the request forum (ie, it is shown at the top)
Do not ask for content to be created!
If what you want doesn't exist, asking others to make it for you is not the way to go. If you want something done, do it yourself.
From here
#3  October 19, 2016, 05:33:26 am
As much as I'd love to see them in as characters in Mugen...
Some notes:

Only request existing stuff!
Make sure that what you're requesting actually exists.  You can do that in the Does.html This Thing Exist? / Who Is The Author? / etc." thread, which is a sticky in the request forum (ie, it is shown at the top)
Do not ask for content to be created!
If what you want doesn't exist, asking others to make it for you is not the way to go. If you want something done, do it yourself.
From here

Please check my opening post again. I have edited it, and added a screencap from a Youtube video (and a paragraph to describe it), that seems to indicate that such a character might in fact exist, but I'm not sure if it's fake. Please re-read my OP post, and comment based on the new information provided in it.
#4  October 19, 2016, 05:35:57 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
And if it turns out that in fact this character does not exist, then this should be a request for somebody to make such a character. I'm sure there's quite a few Mugen character makers out there who are looking for a challenge. Please consider taking up this challenge.

This does not justify requesting things to be made for you/things that don't currently exist like has been pointed out.
#5  October 19, 2016, 05:36:15 am
#6  October 19, 2016, 05:39:53 am
    • Canada
#7  October 19, 2016, 05:43:30 am
Also I found this link indexed by Google when searching, that is suppposed to go to a WIP (work in progress) Neptune character over at the Mugen Free For All website http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/20142-neptune-hyperdimension-neptunia-wip-char/ but the website appears to be down at the moment (all pages that you try to access at mugenfreeforall.com lead to blank white page, no text, no error message, nothing at all). Does anybody here happen to have any friends who happen to run the server at MFFA, and can let me know just what is going on with their server? I hope that site is not down perminently. I found it to be a useful resource in the past for Mugen characters (including if I remember correctly some rare ones I couldn't find anywhere else).
#8  October 19, 2016, 05:46:36 am
    • Canada
Calm down mate.  Last I heard, the place is just getting some sever stuff changed or something like that.
So there'll be some down time for a bit, no need to worry.
#9  October 19, 2016, 06:16:09 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
now son i know you're exited and want to give all your share energy to our goddess but this is NOT the way to do it

that screenshot you posted is from 4 years ago and it's a fake, here's the source:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32164004

as for requesting someone to make a character for you i'm afraid that's not how it works. specially for a character that would requiere to be made from scratch as there are no sprites for the Neps.

keep calm, and have some pudding.
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:49:40 am by Bastard Wolf
#10  October 19, 2016, 06:49:40 pm
    • Indonesia
Also I found this link indexed by Google when searching, that is suppposed to go to a WIP (work in progress) Neptune character over at the Mugen Free For All website http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/20142-neptune-hyperdimension-neptunia-wip-char/ but the website appears to be down at the moment (all pages that you try to access at mugenfreeforall.com lead to blank white page, no text, no error message, nothing at all). Does anybody here happen to have any friends who happen to run the server at MFFA, and can let me know just what is going on with their server? I hope that site is not down perminently. I found it to be a useful resource in the past for Mugen characters (including if I remember correctly some rare ones I couldn't find anywhere else).

That thread has no activity at all. The OP posted a single edited sprites and no progress for two years or so.

Cached page if you need proof

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server

#11  October 19, 2016, 07:06:05 pm
  • Top Nep
  • /!\Cost Over/!\
    • USA

That thread has no activity at all. The OP posted a single edited sprites and no progress for two years or so.

Cached page if you need proof

that even wasnt his sprite :P
that user was like requesting the character to be finished too.
#12  October 19, 2016, 08:20:41 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
And if it turns out that in fact this character does not exist, then this should be a request for somebody to make such a character. I'm sure there's quite a few Mugen character makers out there who are looking for a challenge. Please consider taking up this challenge.

Only request exi...

Unlike most OS Tans, for which tons of fan art (including MUGEN characters) exist, which are not official, and don't have any official attacks or other attributes (such that MUGEN character makers have to invent their attacks) Inori Iazawa was made by Microsoft as an official product promotion for their latest version of the IE web browser. This should be PRETTY EASY to make a MUGEN character based on her, since she's already been given quite a few moves officially, and she appears to be a hero fighter in the plot of her story, so she's like primed to be a character in a fighting game.
Japan has been known to make jokes about some of the least funny things, and apparently these include horrible diseases and terrorism. This usually comes in the form of them making a satirical anime character based on the topic at hand. In this case, those characters are Ebola Chan and Isis Chan.

Here's a picture of Ebola Chan http://i.imgur.com/9Cdk2w6.jpg
Here's a picture of Isis Chan http://i.imgur.com/2pD21qY.jpg
Please somebody, make Ebola Chan.
Here's your $600. Now make me a nearly perfect Mugen port of Utsuho Reiuji from UNL. Only let the Mugen engine itself limit the accuracy of the character to it's UNL counterpart, and make it to work with pre-1.0 versions of Mugen.

Huh... I thought your name sounded familiar. How goes that search for that nonexistent Soku-accurate Utsuho btw?  ::)
#13  April 20, 2018, 05:09:13 am
So, why has nobody made a character for Neptunia yet? Neptunia is a very popular Japanese game series, and most Mugen character makers (at least those who make high quality characters) seem to be in Japan. 3d models are not easily converted to sprites, so the sprites would be needed to be drawn by hand, but from what I've seen, there's a lot of Japanese Mugen character makers who have indeed drawn their own sprites for characters from games that have no sprites to be ripped, and the quality of these sprites is VERY good. With the popularity of the Neptunia series, I'm actually surprised that NOBODY has taken the effort to make Mugen characters of the Neptunia character. Nobody in Japan or anywhere else seems to have made any of these characters for Mugen. I'm surprised, and quite curious.

Is Neptunia not as popular in Japan as the US? So the high quality Mugen character makers in Japan just feel no incentive to make these? And in the US where Neptunia is more popular, there's just not enough motivated Mugen character makers to do this?
#14  April 23, 2018, 10:20:50 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Because it's MUGEN. And MUGEN is dead.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#15  April 23, 2018, 03:46:18 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
You can also learn to sprite, code and do Neptunia. Or pay someone to do it.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#16  April 23, 2018, 03:50:09 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You...don't give up on wild dreams do you?
#17  April 23, 2018, 04:21:53 pm
This is reality and real life. I remember when I ask if somebody works on Beavis and I got pwnd like you. Then the char came like a year or 4. Then finally I learned almost everything and I can make my own edits and privates on my own.

Do it the same if I were you.
#18  April 23, 2018, 09:40:18 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
This is reality and real life. I remember when I ask if somebody works on Beavis and I got pwnd like you. Then the char came like a year or 4. Then finally I learned almost everything and I can make my own edits and privates on my own.

Do it the same if I were you.

Totally this. My respects.
I swear there was something cool here!!