YesNoOk

WWE Smackdown vs Raw Screenpack (Read 7813 times)

Started by Pusha 2, January 27, 2011, 08:52:47 am
Share this topic:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw Screenpack
#1  January 27, 2011, 08:52:47 am
  • They said be all you can be
    • USA
Well here we are, my first screenpack.  I unfortunately did not get to finish the lifebars in time but nevertheless I think I have reached a fairly satisfactory result.  Please be as concise and elaborate with your feedback as possible, as I'm still VERY new to this screenpack business and I'm still trying to learn. 

Download here.

DMK

Re: WWE Smackdown vs Raw Screenpack
#2  January 27, 2011, 08:54:44 am
  • SuDR3arHEex+α
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Love the win screen, nice touch.  :beamgoi:
[center][/center]
#3  January 27, 2011, 09:51:55 am
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Haha, I can't believe you finished this so quickly, so convenient for me too, since I've been looking for a wrestling themed screenpack. I have all the Saturday Night Slam master characters, mixed with Capcom's grapplers, like Zangief, Hugo, Alex, Sodom, Honda. Definitely looks quite promising, makes me wish I knew how to do this stuff, I've really, really been tempted to start a screenpack for WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade game lately, but that would also be a whole learning process....and take loads of searching from what it seems lol. Anyhow, great screenpack, I'll add feedback after once I give this a full trial :)

Edit:
As I'm still new to mugen 1.0, since I'm still in the process of switching all my stuff over, I was wondering if you knew of any compatible lifebars with this? I played with the resolution a bit, tried a few different lifebars, but unfortunately all I get is either massively oversized or undersized lifebars. I appreciate the help if you can give it :)
Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:44:58 pm by 8Bit Tomba
#4  January 27, 2011, 11:51:28 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/zetryou/

I like this, never thought i would see a WWE Screenpack (unless one has been made already) very nice idea
Like the Vs and Win Screen concepts
Also 8-bit Tomba, the Miku Lifebars and Arcana Heart 3 lifebars are some good 640x480 lifebars
Simple and don't need custom portraits

Ok the character select i think it would be better if you had the Raw and Smack Down Pictures full size (or resize it enough to show the whole pic but not be too big) and the portraits in the middle of that, kind of like a poster
Also the Char Select portraits need some more vertical spacing, but as for now that's it, testing it today :D

Edit: Ok... the Title and Victory screens are good.
Hmm i think for the Vs you should add the full SmackDown and Raw pictures, similar to a fight announcement on TV. For the Character Select i would just have some other thing to hold the portraits, not too fond of the ones you have there, unless you want to have the whole logos showing. Background i think needs some scrolling  :P....Maybe i should work on my SP as well
Good Start Dude

Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:14:18 am by O.X.E.
#5  January 28, 2011, 01:25:35 am
    • Canada
@O.X.E. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll give it a shot, and not needing custom portraits is a plus in this case I think.

I noticed some issues with the "single, simul, turns" parts of the menu when I tried it. Seems like there's no indicator for the cursor on P1 side, and it shows only on the P2 side, not sure if it's just happening to me though
#6  January 28, 2011, 03:32:39 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/zetryou/
Glad i could help

Also here's a sketch of the idea i had for the Vs Screen

That's how i think the VS would fit better to have a better Wrestling game feel  :)
Edit: No i didn't mean it for Cody to be in front of smackdown and Guy Raw, i just used my fav FF chars

Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:13:30 pm by O.X.E.
#7  January 28, 2011, 05:21:44 am
    • Canada
I should also add, that you may want to consider moving the stage select to perhaps above the portrait area, since it becomes a fair bit unclear when it's directly over all the characters.
#8  January 28, 2011, 08:30:22 am
  • They said be all you can be
    • USA
Thanks for the input guys.  Ah man I can't believe I forgot to move the stage select.  I should definitely fix that.
#9  January 31, 2011, 06:44:26 am
    • Canada
the site's been strange in terms of loading for the past 2 days, however I will get back to you in terms of more feedback there were some more minor issues I found with the select screen alone, however I'll get back to you on that shortly.