YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2973890 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#1081  June 21, 2011, 04:51:00 am
I'm not messing with you. I'm just helping you. If you don't want to hear my feedback on your sprite you can only ignore me.

Still in the first sprite (left one, small) the pants still seems a bit cutted (most notably in the artist's right leg). Then, you can argue about the second one is double-sized, but in Mugen that's the actual size.

Your muscle definition can be compared to Mai's. Still, I really doubt that character having the same muscular body has Mai. You should realize that Capcom sprites, including Zero, cvs2 and sf3 does have cartonish-style, focusing on some great muscles dimension (most notably in Zero sprites). KOF/SVC ones focus more on real-body definition, then again, still some details. Your sprite barely does have some shoulder definition (like Mai).

Then again, you call about color, I can say you are using the damn 5º tone almost entirely on the pants, when it should be reserved just for detailed zones, not where every fold is done. You may want to see Rugal pants to see where 5º tone is used.

Ah, and light source for face comes from front, not form up. Ear is too big. I did a quick-fix:

I didn't fix the pants. The zone in the red circle is the only zone where I can understand the massive use of the 5º tone. In other places, you shouldn't use too much that tone. Maybe my contrast is too low or too high, but 1º and 2º skin tones does have too much contrast between them, and 1º and 2º tone of white parts does have too low contrast.

And maybe I gave too much upper-shadow to face in the fix, oh well, everyone makes mistakes.

#1082  June 21, 2011, 06:57:24 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I see you are still ignoring that the sprite is supposed to be a realistically proportioned sprite of me, made for the self-sprite thread, and I do not have that sort of muscle tone. I repeat, muscle definition has nothing to do with CVS style requirements. The whole thing about muscle definition and muscle size is a character design thing, not a sprite style thing. I'll concede on the topic of lighting on the face, but otherwise I think you are being extremely nit-picky and that's not helpful, it's just irritating. I don't understand what all of the "5º tone" and "1º and 2º tone" stuff means, but I see nowhere on the sprite that I feel I overused any particular shades or colors. I simply disagree with most of what you said and I do not appreciate your tone or attitude, and it's probably best we leave it at that.

Download Last Bout now!
#1083  June 21, 2011, 07:02:20 am
so, you simply disagree cause of a supossed tone do you think I'm using?

MDD

#1084  June 21, 2011, 07:07:06 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Oh my god, can you just drop it?
#1085  June 21, 2011, 08:36:50 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Khala do you understand that the point :"Muscle definition" isn't valid?

As Sean has told you that's not what it makes a sprite in CvS stile.

What it does are  the proportions, the shading, the lightsource.

If you waht to sprite a normal person in CvS stile what do you do? You beef him up??

To me it looks like you are trolling...

#1086  June 21, 2011, 08:43:59 am
I just saying, without that muscle definition the sprite kinda clash a bit...

SNT

#1087  June 21, 2011, 08:48:53 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
And Sean was just saying for much of the last half-page, the lack of muscle definition was a conscious choice by him for the sake of accuracy.  There was no need to drag it out any more after he explained it was an aesthetic decision.
#1088  June 21, 2011, 08:55:37 am
well, I can understand (but not agree) with the muscle definition, but, what about the color usage?

And no, Im not trolling ¬¬
#1089  June 21, 2011, 09:11:04 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I'll admit I'm not great with CVS color choice, as evidenced by my attempted CVS Nash palettes in the CvTW thread. However, not to drag things out, but I should note that you did not claim my colors were off until after you stated it wasn't a CVS sprite due to the lack of muscle definition. I only brought up colors because I was listing all of the things that take precedence over something like muscle def when determining a sprite's style. Had you stated from the start the colors needed more/less contrast in spots, etc., I would not have taken offense at all.

Let's just drop it and not further derail the thread.

Download Last Bout now!
#1090  June 21, 2011, 09:12:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
 :)
#1091  June 21, 2011, 09:13:35 am
    • www.dementi.it
Ehi Sean I have corrected the problems of your sprite following Khala advices :

Isnt him bette now?

How does it looks?

:P

#1092  June 21, 2011, 09:16:58 am
... and I was trolling?
#1093  June 21, 2011, 09:17:16 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
No, they're just being dicks. Overreacting.

MDD

#1094  June 21, 2011, 09:57:02 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Now you're just being an ass Garuda.
#1095  June 21, 2011, 10:18:39 am
    • USA
#1096  June 21, 2011, 10:20:06 am
    • www.dementi.it
It was just a joke after they solved things, don't take it too seriously!

(can't you see the :p  ? )

#1097  June 21, 2011, 05:51:39 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I wish I could sprite as well as Sean. you have some awesome work dude. cant wait to see more
#1098  June 21, 2011, 09:46:27 pm
  • find your own way
@Simpliband Which one did you wanna see in CvS?Nightwolf? Stryker? Kabal maybe?
Kano is my man
hello there,I've been looking through this thread for the first time,I enjoyed it and got through it real fast with fascination.
Some of you guys got amazing skills and talent!it would be so cool to see some completed characters with some of the sprite edits shown here.
@titiln

everything showed on this spritesheet is pure genius,it shows you are a very good multipurpose artist who is not afraid of attempting varied different graphic styles and challenging edits.

that sheet is mine

http://armentis.deviantart.com/

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/100/8/4/sf_by_armentis-d33etqq.png
sorry about that,they are still great.
#1099  June 22, 2011, 11:34:29 am

ROS

#1100  June 22, 2011, 07:52:46 pm
Could I toss in Rugal's Son?

(Im still working on his stance, shoes still look KOFish)