YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1500638 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#4581  October 19, 2017, 11:19:24 pm
#4582  October 19, 2017, 11:43:10 pm
Fucking hell, I've been on it last night and tonight, and this game is tough. The Nohr chapters are just hard because you're probably underleveled at that point (as in sudden jump in difficulty for units you didn't get to use during the Hoshido chapters), but I'm at the Ryoma/Xander battle and its all over the place in how it forces you to send your various units after the right target at the right time, all the time. AND the enemies are still several levels above you. The strategizing is so tight. And it's not even that far into the game, it's like the third segment of the story ! I guess overleveling everyone would greatly simplify things, but shit, the gold cost is steep. Plus you're always stuck with the shitty units like Elise and Lyssa that you don't want to level while Chrom and Fred are off doing other stuff.

(edit - they didn't pull the same joke as back when "normal - hard - lunatic" was translated as "easy - normal - hard", did they... ??? because I'm playing on normal)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:46:50 am by Byakko
#4583  October 20, 2017, 02:07:36 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#4584  October 21, 2017, 11:19:26 pm
Getting a bit further in the game, I'm getting more used to pause and check for weapon affinities and where everyone is at to send the proper units to the right place and switch who you're currently controlling on the fly (because CPU controlled units can only do shit when they have the advantage). It's a bit weird that you have to keep interrupting a Warriors game, but you get used to it and it's pretty satisfying when you see how you can handle a massive fuckfest with swarms of enemies popping up left and right. It's just that it takes a lot of time per fight, but the maps aren't quite as big as the later Dynasty / Samurai Warriors games, so it's not that bad.
I can manage hard mode if I'm fully on it, but clearly normal mode is more manageable.
Fred's strong attacks are fucking brutal ("grabbing" an enemy with his axe and dragging him along the ground while spinning at high speed and hurling him away like a wet towel holy shit)
Oh, and Niles is such a fucking perv ((Robin) "we need a feint then a full assault" *Niles raises hand* "I volunteer to strike from the rear !" *grin* (Leo) "Shut up Niles !").
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:10:49 am by Byakko
#4585  October 22, 2017, 04:56:05 am
I just got the game too and I have to say, gameplay wise it's everything I wanted out of the original HW (the AI at least actually works in this one!) I don't have a ton of experience with other warriors games aside from HW but at the very least it's definitely a step up from that one especially performance wise, HW had horrible slow down in story mode.
#4586  October 23, 2017, 04:55:43 pm
animal crossing mobile direct tomorrow
#4587  November 04, 2017, 11:14:18 pm
#4588  November 04, 2017, 11:38:39 pm
just post the video

i'll never understand your lazy and weird videogame news posting
#4589  November 05, 2017, 12:03:22 am
There is no rule about just posting the video. Have a nice day.
#4590  November 05, 2017, 02:48:46 am
i never said you're breaking any rules numbskull

it's not convenient for us to click on a link to watch a video when you could just post the video here
#4591  November 08, 2017, 01:04:24 am
  • SNK is life
#4592  November 08, 2017, 05:25:27 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
R.I.P. Miiverse
#4593  November 08, 2017, 07:48:50 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Super Mario Maker got an update 1.47 that removed the Comment button regarding Miiverse.

Also, it broke a lot of speed run levels because they fixed the Phantom Jump, which was global.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- They fixed the springs falling in lava. - Originally, if you landed on a spring sinking in the lava, it acted like a regular platform. Now it acts like a regular spring as it normally does out of lava.
- Thwomps and munchers now die if they get crushed by coins that turn into blocks during P Switch timer.
- SMW beach koopa can now be jumped on immediately after coming out of its shell.
- Beach koopa freeze bug has been fixed.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:52:07 pm by Sheng Long
#4594  November 09, 2017, 03:02:50 am
    • USA
Super Mario Maker got an update 1.47 that removed the Comment button regarding Miiverse.

Also, it broke a lot of speed run levels because they fixed the Phantom Jump, which was global.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- They fixed the springs falling in lava. - Originally, if you landed on a spring sinking in the lava, it acted like a regular platform. Now it acts like a regular spring as it normally does out of lava.
- Thwomps and munchers now die if they get crushed by coins that turn into blocks during P Switch timer.
- SMW beach koopa can now be jumped on immediately after coming out of its shell.
- Beach koopa freeze bug has been fixed.

Honestly, they probably should have left that glitch alone.... Not sure why they keep doing crap like that.
#4595  November 10, 2017, 01:40:23 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
So for those still interested, here's a list of all the minigames in The Top 100:
https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Party:_The_Top_100#Minigames

Seems odd not to have 10 reps from each game, but whatever.
Most minigames appear to have their original themes but remixed, though some don't (Leaf Leap, Squared Away).
The results screen for each minigame features a remix of the respective game's results jingle.

And of course, GameXplain have got you covered if you fancy seeing what the minigames look like:

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4596  November 11, 2017, 10:27:02 pm
gematsu.com said:
In an interview with Jiji, Capcom president and chief operating officer Haruhiro Tsujimoto said that the company is developing Switch titles to be released after April 2018, including the Ace Attorney series.
Ultra Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations with playable Violent Phoenix Wright
#4597  November 11, 2017, 11:20:46 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I expect them to be ports of the mobile versions of the games at exactly double the price because they know they can
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4598  November 11, 2017, 11:25:41 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
yeah expecting that as well

also DGS localizations never :)
#4599  November 16, 2017, 10:46:58 am
Apparently the Wall Street Journal and Variety websites say Nintendo is in talks with the Despicable Me studio to make a CGI Mario movie. Possibly matching the opening of the Nintendo section in Universal parks by 2020, but that sounds really short.
#4600  November 16, 2017, 12:12:08 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Illumination are known for their cost/time-cutting techniques to crap out their animated films, so it's plausible I guess. Works with Mario since they can just reuse the same Toad/Goomba/Koopa model over and over again :}

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.