YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1500760 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#4681  March 09, 2018, 12:56:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I have doubts this is Smash 5.  Feels way to early for it especially with Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon Switch in the horizon.

It's either an enhanced port of 4 or it's a sequel without Sakurai, in which case it's an enhanced port of 4
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4682  March 09, 2018, 01:27:19 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Has it been confirmed that Sakurai isn't heading this Smash?
What has he been doing recently?
#4683  March 09, 2018, 01:31:55 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Just dropping my reactions here in one big post as I'm watching:

- Everything they announced for 3DS sounds great.  Wario Ware Gold and a Luigi's Mansion remake?  I'm sold.

- Motherfucking Solaire of Astora amiibo.  itprintsmoney.gif

- No More Heroes 3 looks rad as hell.  I'm super fucking excited for more Travis Touchdown.

- Okami HD with touchpad controls for painting might actually be the definitive version of that game if it runs well enough.

- All the Switch ports of Wii U games nobody bought because nobody bought a Wii U are pretty expected.  Little Nightmares is a nice surprise though, and it's good to see that Undertale still has momentum after all this time.

- In all likelihood Smash is going to be yet another enhanced Wii U port, but if I'm being honest adding Inklings to the roster is probably enough to convince me to buy the game again.

Pretty great Direct altogether.  There's a lot of stuff there I'm really excited about.
#4684  March 09, 2018, 01:34:12 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Has it been confirmed that Sakurai isn't heading this Smash?
What has he been doing recently?

Working on his other titles maybe? Star Allies is coming soon, maybe Bandai Namco working on it with Samurai watching from the background.
#4685  March 09, 2018, 02:20:24 am
    • Canada
#4686  March 09, 2018, 02:28:00 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Didn't he say he was going to take a break for a bit?
#4687  March 09, 2018, 02:44:35 am
    • Canada
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, I get the feeling that Sakurai wants to take a rest, but he doesn't want anyone else leading.

I'm guessing that the new Smash will be using the engine and assets from Smash 4, but won't quite be just an extend version.  This is probably to perfect chance for moveset changes and kit redesigns.
#4688  March 09, 2018, 09:23:23 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Here's hoping Smash has a better looking Interface and title screen.
#4689  March 18, 2018, 02:24:28 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4690  March 18, 2018, 06:58:43 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4691  March 18, 2018, 07:21:31 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#4692  March 19, 2018, 12:37:12 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Are clones a thing within the greater Dynasty Warriors series, or is this just limited to the Fire Emblem Warriors game?

Because I never recall clones being a thing in Hyrule Warriors...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4693  March 19, 2018, 01:42:50 pm
It's a thing. Characters can have the same moveset, sometimes a moveset for a specific weapon is given to a different character in the following game.
But that's mostly because the series has an insane number of characters in total, weapons get made up and passed around when some characters don't return. But for a single type of weapon (spear, magic etc.) There's still a lot of different movesets, and for a given game they try to avoid repeating styles unless it's a game with 150 characters.
I like how they used specific spells tied to the story or game (Thoron's lightning being part of Chrom and Lucina's Falchion, Linde's Thoron and Bolganone), but having all the pegasi and infantry mages (except Linde) share the same moves is just bad.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:55:08 am by Byakko

lui

#4694  March 19, 2018, 03:36:52 pm
    • USA
tbf the mounted mages atleast give some kind of variety between the mages

also did they finally give out the damn release date or no?
Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:51:45 pm by Walruslui
#4695  March 19, 2018, 04:29:47 pm
Nope.
One moveset for both mounted mages, another moveset for Linde, and one more moveset for all infantry mages (Validar and Gharnef have the same moves too, I can't remember what Iago does but I assume it's the same). That's three sets for 8 mages. Then 3 identical pegasus spears, and all the archers.
Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:33:57 pm by Byakko
#4696  March 21, 2018, 01:17:06 am
    • USA
Are clones a thing within the greater Dynasty Warriors series, or is this just limited to the Fire Emblem Warriors game?

Because I never recall clones being a thing in Hyrule Warriors...

Well, until recently, Dynasty Warriors was trying to keep clones to a minimum. However in Dynasty Warriors 9.... They decided to go all out with repeat weapons.

So, I think this game kind of just kept up the trend that DW9 set up.

lui

#4697  March 22, 2018, 12:26:53 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:59:26 pm by Walruslui
#4698  March 22, 2018, 12:42:31 pm
The game city site says it comes out on the 29.

Strategist mode, hah, fun ! Not so fun on the insane maps where you get overwhelmed from all sides and you need everyone to pull their weight.
#4699  March 22, 2018, 12:48:08 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
It looks like that date in the magazine was a mistake. It is actually coming out next week.

No wonder. I was sitting in front of the Switch, waiting for the DLC to drop, only to come out empty handed.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!

lui

#4700  March 22, 2018, 12:48:53 pm
    • USA
ah damn, stupid magazine irks lol get your dates right famitsu!

but atleast hyrule warriors came out today in japan so that's fun

Strategist mode, hah, fun ! Not so fun on the insane maps where you get overwhelmed from all sides and you need everyone to pull their weight.

ehhhh the only maps that have those issues are the ones with the clones popping up and shadow rush, which gets easy once you order the right people to take out the mages, sages, rally captains and then the shadows afterwards. pair about 2 npc's to the commander and 2 npc's to the home base, with the 4 playable characters all having the abillity to heal others as well helps a ton. its all up to you taking advantage of the triangle system to make it easier.

im curious to see how strategist mode affects the chaos dragon battles though since the ai does jack shit to him
Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:03:07 pm by Walruslui