YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1500833 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#4701  March 22, 2018, 09:56:08 pm
In History Mode when that pincer map has lv 60+ enemies, depending on the restriction if I barely have some lv80 units on my side, it's still really crazy to get to S rank. The sages and priests are usually mages who don't have innate triangle weakness so you need to have some tomebreaker on your weapons, and I almost never use that (I only needed one really bad in one stage in the spirit tree map with a single bow unit against dragonstones and mages, Takumi has shit res so I had to overclock my Niles)
I'm digging the new personal weapons (finally Frederick Robin and Cordelia), Owain's sword looks nice.

but atleast hyrule warriors came out today in japan so that's fun
BotW Zelda looks fantastic. Regular Zelda's dress hid those leg movements, right ? Shame.
Glad they're really adding new characters too (Toon Zelda spirit form, Ravio, Yuga), but the news articles I see about the various trailers that have come out seem to barely notice that they're new, somehow. I still haven't seen any comment on the new character switch system they ported from FEW either. Seriously, reporters.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4702  March 22, 2018, 10:17:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#4703  March 22, 2018, 11:55:38 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Glad they're really adding new characters too (Toon Zelda spirit form, Ravio, Yuga), but the news articles I see about the various trailers that have come out seem to barely notice that they're new, somehow. I still haven't seen any comment on the new character switch system they ported from FEW either. Seriously, reporters.
Wait, weren't they dlc characters for the original Hyrule Warriors?
#4704  March 23, 2018, 12:05:06 am
... Well damn, I completely forgot about that. I was mad at them doing the bare minimum for the Wii U and jumping to 3DS and I didn't get that DLC pack and just forgot it happened (actually I didn't even remember they were in the 3DS version, I only remembered Marin, Medli, Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra and the King). Okay, never mind.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:10:48 am by Byakko

lui

#4705  March 23, 2018, 12:10:27 am
    • USA
look at it this way:

it's new for people who didn't play the original so much and didn't touch the dlc much either. like me. so for me, they're new characters
#4706  March 29, 2018, 07:45:31 pm
Characters trailers for the last Fire Emblem Warriors DLC
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-pack-3-fire-emblem-awakening-character-trailers
Owain looks rather ridiculous with Ryoma's exact moves (also they really went full ham chuunibyou on him) but heyyyyy Olivia actually has completely new moves ! Must be Christmas. Oh and somehow they bothered to change the FX of (some of ?) Tharja's X moves from Robin. Better than the flying spears.
edit - yessss Tharja's and Olivia's personal skills are Vengeance and Galeforce. Vengeance is super risky if it drains too fast because you'll be lucky if you end a big battle in less than 15 minutes, but Galeforce looks like a killer skill. Resonating Power seems pretty useless because a lot of characters have either big Str or Mag but not both because it's completely useless, isn't it ? Is there any benefit in having high Mag for a physical hitter or Str for a mage ?
Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:08:06 pm by Byakko
#4707  March 30, 2018, 09:23:23 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Looking at Olivia gameplay on Youtube, she's seems stupid as hell... and I mean that in a good way.

Of course, I still need to power through the game and story mode so I can actually power them up moreso but it's obvious she's the winner of the DLC.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

lui

#4708  March 31, 2018, 07:03:20 am
    • USA
They all play great even if Owain is a Ryoma clone.

So far loving all the new stuff in the DLC
#4709  March 31, 2018, 11:20:24 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Yeah they do. Having a blast with all 3 of them and the US VA of Owain needs to get a damn Oscar as he puts 300% in making Owain a ridiculously funny tryhard badass.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#4710  April 01, 2018, 11:37:49 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I've tried Fire Emblem Warriors at Nintendo World this past Friday and this game has pushed me to get a Switch ASAP. This'll definitely be the first game I'll get and they already have DLC planned!? I'm completely sold.

Btw... Chrom is fun as hell to play as and I like Robin's attacks. I need to get more used to Frederick and Lissa. I usually do the Y+Y+X combo with all warriors since I've had heavy experience with Hyrule Warriors. I've gotta get this game soon as I get a Switch of my own.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:08:41 pm by DarkWolf13
#4711  April 01, 2018, 11:50:24 pm
and they already have DLC planned!?
All the DLC already came out, the third and last pack just this month. I haven't heard about any future plan (then again it may be too soon since they only just finished the first wave).
Frederick is an absolute beast, his attacks are insane. Just give him Astra and Trample ASAP. And then Ryoma is pretty much number one. Chrom is cool but his range is just a little bit off.
Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:05:35 am by Byakko
#4712  April 01, 2018, 11:58:38 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I have to agree about Chrom. His attacks does require him to be close to his enemies but Frederick I just need more time to get used to and to time his dash attack just right. I should've used him to fight Validar in Ch. 2 instead of Chrom.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#4713  April 02, 2018, 12:18:23 am
Yeah, all mounted units have that problem, horse and flying units. It's a bit hard to stay close to a specific enemy because you'll suddenly dart in the wrong direction in the middle of a combo and completely drop the one guy you want to kill, getting 20 meters away in one step, and then you have to circle around and position yourself just right for your next combo to hit correctly. But Camilla and Frederick just go nuts against hordes of foot soldiers.

edit -
Spoiler: Thoron's Scroll map rant (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:32:02 pm by Byakko

lui

#4714  April 02, 2018, 12:32:07 am
    • USA
best characters in the game for me have to be lyn/navarre and the archers.

its def worth getting, the game alone will last you about 50+ hours and then more with the dlc. ive clocked in over 100 and im not halfway done yet
#4715  May 07, 2018, 04:07:10 pm
Fire Emblem warriors interview, nice stuff in it
https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-the-end-of-dlc-awakening-dlc-pack-why-darios-isnt-playable-sequel-interest/
No further DLC, sequel bait at the end of the interview (yes please) but they're not working on it now.
They started working with 3DS Hyrule Warriors as a base, but just after FE Fates came out. ... so with this many Fates characters, this was more of a promotion for Fates than just the usual fan-service, then ? That's why there's almost nothing from the classic games. Okay...

I resumed playing it once again, and I only now realized that the * slayer game is almighty at high levels (slayer, not breaker, breaker is useless). The right combination makes it possible to clear a lv120 stage with lv 90 units (but only with that character's Scroll / Opus unlocked). I guess that makes it okay to having multiple clone characters : they each take two slayer skills for different situations. I'm not as mad about it as I was before. It's just a pain to level everyone above 80, then 100, then 120, and get the opus for the weapon... it's tough but in the end it feels pretty damn good (Siegfried's Opus, Fred's axe opus with lv 80~90 units yesss). I'm clocking in at 160 hours spent on this game, it's been a long time since I've done that (I'm not far from completely finishing all the history mode entries).
Also weapon skills like acceleration and character skills like Lethality make bad characters (Oboro, Tharja/Robin) far more usable. My Tharja has acceleration, Robin doesn't, it's like night and day.
Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:27:20 pm by Byakko
#4716  May 07, 2018, 04:47:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
They started working with 3DS Hyrule Warriors as a base, but just after FE Fates came out. ... so with this many Fates characters, this was more of a promotion for Fates than just the usual fan-service, then ? That's why there's almost nothing from the classic games. Okay...

are the classic games playable/buyable in the current hardware gen , like the switch and the 3ds ?

#4717  May 07, 2018, 05:18:06 pm
There's Echoes, the remake of Gaiden, on the 3DS. Before that, Shadow Dragon on the regular DS was a remake of the first FE game. They added Shadow Dragon characters in Warriors because they're still the most popular in the whole series (at least Marth and Caeda anyway), but nothing beyond that for everything inbetween. Echoes only got one character in Warriors.
Everything else is Awakening and Fates, the games that revived the series (Super Smash Brawl not counted). Sure that makes sense, but I'm surprised it was even before they were sure Fates was doing well. That and no one else from other games means it's not the usual fan-service for a Warriors game, but extra promotion. Even Awakening takes little place in the story in Warriors, Robin shows up as an antagonist (as Grima) a few times but that's it, most of the stories involve the Fates characters.
#4718  May 07, 2018, 07:30:35 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Fire Emblem warriors interview, nice stuff in it
https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-the-end-of-dlc-awakening-dlc-pack-why-darios-isnt-playable-sequel-interest/
No further DLC, sequel bait at the end of the interview (yes please) but they're not working on it now.

I resumed playing it once again, and I only now realized that the * slayer game is almighty at high levels (slayer, not breaker, breaker is useless). The right combination makes it possible to clear a lv120 stage with lv 90 units (but only with that character's Scroll / Opus unlocked). I guess that makes it okay to having multiple clone characters : they each take two slayer skills for different situations. I'm not as mad about it as I was before. It's just a pain to level everyone above 80, then 100, then 120, and get the opus for the weapon... it's tough but in the end it feels pretty damn good (Siegfried's Opus, Fred's axe opus with lv 80~90 units yesss). I'm clocking in at 160 hours spent on this game, it's been a long time since I've done that (I'm not far from completely finishing all the history mode entries).
Also weapon skills like acceleration and character skills like Lethality make bad characters (Oboro, Tharja/Robin) far more usable. My Tharja has acceleration, Robin doesn't, it's like night and day.

Honestly, I'm fine with no more DLC, sometimes less is more and it does make way for sequels far better on in the future...not to mention, I literally got the game like 3 months ago so I'm in no rush for sequels(especially since I pre-downloaded Hyrule Warriors Remastered...I cannot really play the 3DS version anymore).
I'm still in the midst of doing History Mode and primarily leveling up my characters and unlocking skills by grinding enemy heavy maps to make my grinding alot easier(on top of the obvious stuff like getting mats).

Playing from this to Hyrule Warriors is going to be a bitch.

#4719  May 19, 2018, 08:05:33 pm
Playing from this to Hyrule Warriors is going to be a bitch.
Just started it, first level, and no, it plays great. Starting back to lv1 feels extremely sluggish to move around, but it's still as amazing as it was the first time - it's a lot prettier, they updated the UI graphics (dialog boxes and everything), and not only did they port the ability to switch between three characters on the map, but they also ported the command system - you can order one character to defeat a specific enemy on the opposite corner of the map. That was the biggest issue with Hyrule Warriors : the need to run across the entire map to juggle between objectives, and both the command system and the unit switch system solve that problem. You can't pair up two units though, but that's all, this system in FEW is mostly useful to handle the weapon triangle and there's no such thing here. Also, so far I figure that being able to switch between three units will make it a lot easier to level up multiple characters faster than originally.
Honestly, right on the first map of the story mode, there's only one big change from Fire Emblem Warriors : the keep boss only appears after you've depleted the keep's "HP" bar and then you get the keep when you kill the boss, whereas in FEW you can straight up run up to the boss and shank him and immediately take over the fort.
edit - oh yeah. In FEW, rolling will let you run immediately after ; in HW, you're back to walking speed. That doesn't help the sluggish feeling, it's much better to be able to run quickly in FEW.
I'm having a blast all over again. The only thing I dread is managing your inventory, with the skill slots and fusing the weapons that felt really bad back in the first HW, but I got used to it in FEW and I picked up a couple tricks, I just need to see if the strategies from FEW can still apply in HW.

Right now I just hope Koei will convince Nintendo one day to make a Warriors crossover between Zelda and Fire Emblem, it'd be even better than waiting for both a HW2 and a FEW2 - but of course that just a distant dream and it's probably not happening.

Well damn, Linkle is so fun to play and blazingly fast. Now that's what an archer should play like, FEW.
Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:21:24 pm by Byakko

lui

#4720  May 19, 2018, 09:13:14 pm
    • USA
man FEW and HW are gonna take over my life at this point ;-;