YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 268316 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#401  April 24, 2018, 06:36:52 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
You're not alone. MvC is just so much faster, and guardpush of course. Hate KoF style because I can't combo at all with it.

MvC just gets really repetitive. Almost every character plays the same. I don't hate CVS or MvC.

I don't  know how to play KoF, but you can combo DAMN well in those games. Two words skill and timing.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#402  April 25, 2018, 12:05:59 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
I prefer CVS over SVC.
am i the only one who loves memes.
i miss the good old days of Filthy Frank, R.I.P papa franku.
i think i might prefer the Joel over Vinny, Don't get me wrong i love both of them but i think Joel is funnier than Vinny.
i think the grandayy is the most underrated meme channel i ever seen.
i think the YTPs are funny.
#403  April 25, 2018, 12:07:04 am
#404  April 25, 2018, 09:17:38 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
yes memes are nice, i use them to communicate with the fellow youths :)
#405  April 25, 2018, 10:24:12 am
i miss the good old days of Filthy Frank, R.I.P papa franku.
there is no bad new days tho. he retired the filthy frank channel and moved on with his music career.
which is a very sound choice, because his joji music is pretty damn good. i wouldn't mind a pink guy mixtape every now and then, i like those too.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#406  April 25, 2018, 02:03:54 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

First person platforming is one of the worst concepts to build a game on. Ever.

Mirror's Edge and Portal look terrible, how can you see where you're going to land aside from tediously having to look down every jump? Realistic? I guess, but also quite a nuisance. Mirror Edge's combat looks like pure shit too. And I can't say I like the protagonists of either at all...
Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:07:08 pm by MR. IBZS II
#407  April 25, 2018, 05:35:02 pm
Fortnite isn't fun.
Pineapple is good on pizza.
Dane Cook and Jeff Dunham are not funny.

hating fortnite isn't an unpopular opinion. it ain't good but it's hella lot better than pubg.

GLB

#408  April 25, 2018, 09:23:20 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I hate them both, that's kind of unpopular at least in my area.
#409  April 26, 2018, 12:56:42 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
I might be alone on this one...

I'm a bit tired of the mugen community's addiction/obsession with POTS.
Not that MVC is any better, I just feel like there's very little variety gameplay wise.

I pretty much have to agree with what you've said regarding Phantom.of.the.Server.  While I personally don't consider his M.U.G.E.N creations to be bad (in fact, I might actually consider him an influence for me in terms of M.U.G.E.N character creating, that is.), I believe the M.U.G.E.N community's obsession with him has been getting out of hand for quite some time, and is only getting unhealthier as time progresses.
#410  April 26, 2018, 01:48:11 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I've become numb to the PotS graphical style of slapping gaussian blurs on all the effects and portraits, I haven't been amazed by one for a long time now and I've even considered a few portraits ruined by it.
#411  April 26, 2018, 04:42:16 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

For me, the hyper portrait style/hyper effects are one of the few cool things about POTS style. He was really something with glowing transparency...
#412  April 26, 2018, 05:06:33 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Mirror Edge's combat looks like pure shit too. And I can't say I like the protagonists of either at all...
You, sir, are a hooligan, and I will not take this besmirching of Faith lightly.

Being serious, while technically true, I don't know if I really place Portal under a platformer.  I mean yeah, you do, well, platform, but it's secondary to solving the overarching puzzle to the room, and mainly gives you plenty of leeway to not need perfectly landed jumps, just going in the right direction.  If I recall correctly, it only really got bad with that on the past puzzle before being sent to your death in the incinerator.  Though I haven't played it since The Orange Box was new, so maybe I'm just forgetting how hard it was.

Mirror's Edge, however, you just need to adjust to visualizing Faith's body landing without sight of where the ground is. (There's a technical term for that which I'm blanking on, where you can visualize your surroundings vaguely without actual sight on them)  It is a bit tricky getting used to just for this one game, but I dunno, after the demo for the first game way back when I got a hold of it and adored it immensely.  Even the story did what it wanted to do and didn't outstay its welcome, it was just a short game about family and I really liked it.  Shame the sequel had....issues.
#413  April 26, 2018, 11:31:38 am
you guys are just jealous cause deep down you'll never attain the level of pots' internet fame.
#414  April 26, 2018, 10:34:55 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#415  April 30, 2018, 07:52:15 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I don't understand how Mystery Space Theater 3000 got popular. None of their jokes make sense. At all. It's literally just watching old movies with nonsense being blared over it.

Dexter's Lab is singlehandedly better than CatDog, Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life.
#416  April 30, 2018, 03:57:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Dexter's Lab is singlehandedly better than CatDog, Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life.

Unlike dexter's lab those (and courage the cowardly dog) are very enjoyable while drunk/sleep deprived. same for french movies.
#417  April 30, 2018, 04:08:35 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I definitely need to do a similar comparison with Courage sometime in the future. Actually, meh. I cannot stand Courage personally. I would take Zim over Courage...
#418  April 30, 2018, 04:57:17 pm
    • USA
Ok, but, like, those are two completely different things?

Zim doesn't attempt to teach some sort of lesson through its madness.  It's just twisted for the sake of getting a laugh.  That's not inherently a bad thing, just the two work on different levels.
#419  April 30, 2018, 05:33:13 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
After playing through this game and its sequels again, I'm gonna toss out something I know I'm going to get a bunch of flak for;

Despite its obvious flaws, I still think Final Fantasy 13 was enjoyable. Clearly not the best entry in the series but I feel it gets more hate than it deserves.
#420  April 30, 2018, 05:48:36 pm
    • USA
Well, I wouldn't give flak for it, but I'm a sucker for the world they built and at least Lightning, Sazh, Snow, Fang and Caius are truly interesting characters, so that helped push me through the games when they were less than stellar.

Still hate that stupid dress-up thing for different classes from Lightning Returns, though.  And they actually did something good with Hope in the second game, after losing any real reason to care about his dilemma the first game, just to literally rewind him back to first game status in XIII-3.