YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 752154 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Project Catch 'Em All
#1  September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Project Catch 'Em All

Welcome to our full game.
This is a Mugen project created by Alexei and Myself (Ryon).

Project Catch 'Em All is a mugen fighting game like no other. Imagine a mash up of the Final Fantasy Battle System, with the Pokemon Battle System, then throw in some mugen.

You end up with a Pokemon fighting game where all of your moves and attacks are based on ATB and range.

The idea for this game came from Ryon. Just imagining a pokemon character for mugen that couldn't move, but would only move based on what attacks the player selected from a in game menu. Majority of the coding comes from Alexei. His Genius in coding has made this idea come to life and he even helped expand the idea of the ATB guage.

Attack moves can clash. For instance, Bubble Beam vs. Flame Thrower, Or Hyper Beam vs. Hydro Pump. Everything can clash making for a more interesting battle. Recovery time is also included for moves such as Fly and Dig.

Included in the demo is 2 Stages, 6 Characters (3 Alexei, 3 Ryon), a Beta Screenpack and Lifebars.

What we are looking for are skilled stage creators and possible character coders who can follow our template for the engine.

Now your probably wondering Which pokemon you can add, Well to tell you the truth, you can't just add anyone you want. A wonderful sprite artist by the name of Joshr has sprited all of the pokemon sprites that we use. You can view his sprites here following this link. If you choose to do so you may create that character.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/submitter/JoshR691/

Alexei is doing all of the effects using After Effects. Unless you know how to use it or have fitting effects of your own, I would like to request we leave that to Alexei.

If you'd like to make a character or contribute something, then PM either Ryon or Алексей (Alexei) here, so we can view your request and get back to you with some info and details on proceeding.

[Title] - Temp

[Select] - Temp

[Battle] - In Game

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9o1ixpp421m1y2/Project_Catch_'Em_All_Demo_1.zip

PLEASE POST ANY FOUND ERRORS, AND GENERAL FEEDBACK HERE!
ITS NOT PERFECT BUT THIS IS A START TO SOMETHING GREAT.

DEVELOPER REFERENCE GUIDE
Please use this a reference and a guide on making characters compatible for this game.
Also please remember to make your characters WITHIN your downloaded version of the game, and PM myself or Alexei your work, So that we may add it to the offical game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysl46564oojj3p1/PCEA_-_Developer_Reference.txt
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:06:37 pm by Ryon
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#2  September 12, 2013, 02:57:27 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
First of all, why are you talking in third person?? Second, this looks sexy as fuck. Love the idea :D Good luck with this.
Chilling
#3  September 12, 2013, 02:59:15 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Not first person.

As a guy trying to throw a sales pitch.
I told some of my friends at work about this idea, and I explained it the same way.... except with more detail for them.. (none mugen players ya know)

THANK YOU.
#4  September 12, 2013, 03:02:55 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
This looks like an amazing project! I'll download the demo ASAP
Good luck on this Alexei and Ryon!

#5  September 12, 2013, 03:04:08 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Goddamnit, I meant third person :P wow this guy in Spriters Resource did a lot of pokes, almost the entire dex up to 5th generation is there.
Chilling
#6  September 12, 2013, 03:06:16 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
And he's planning on making them all.... eventually. I think he's also speaking in the 3rd person because it's a collaborative project. It's as if we're both standing up there telling you. XD

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#7  September 12, 2013, 03:53:16 am
  • Bang Bang!!!
Where to start INCREDIBLE!!!!!!?? but I must ask how many pokemon you guys plan to do o.o? I love the gameplay mechanics liking the fact it resembles a real nostalgic pokemon game and when you actually use fly you dodge the attack AMAZING :D!!! Plan on doing anymore characters with the pokemon such as the female version of the boys or  any antagonist with their own legendaries? For instance N with zekrom or reshiram...
#8  September 12, 2013, 03:57:22 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Glad you like it. :) This is going to be one of those things that builds over time. We'll basically be making as many as we want to really build a good library here. That's not just us though. Anyone who wants can contribute by making a character for the game.

Like most things, it boils down to the sprites. If Joshr has made them, then they'll be advocates for the game. Unless of course, someone else makes sprites in the same or similar style.

#9  September 12, 2013, 04:00:58 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Sadly Joshr only made Red and Gold with the same style of sprites.

If someone made other trainers with the same style and animations (different poses of course)
That would be great.

Im sure you all enjoyed the boss. Thats major credit to Alexei.
#10  September 12, 2013, 04:04:38 am
  • Bang Bang!!!
Well I can't stop playing quite yet until I USE EM ALL but I can understand hectic work not making any promises but i can attempt some spriting and coding I'll pm you guys some details when or IF i get the chance to.
#11  September 12, 2013, 04:08:12 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Well as far as making them goes, there's a guide and format to follow. It's not that hard. Most of the heavy lifting is done already. :)

#12  September 12, 2013, 04:12:43 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
So you'll be making update patches every certain time?

#13  September 12, 2013, 04:13:38 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yep, but not that frequently. I'd rather release a bunch of changes than just one every week or whatever.

#14  September 12, 2013, 04:24:33 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Yeah, of course.
I just played it, this is some amazing stuff! I would have never imagined you could do a Pokemon game in Mugen, and be that good!
Man I can't wait to see other Pokemon like Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Blaziken, etc...

#15  September 12, 2013, 04:25:29 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I get a Permission Denied when trying to download from mediafire because of copyright issue with one of the Pokemon songs you used.
Besides that game looks cool hope to try it if you plan to solve the download issue.

Edit: never mind now its allowing me to download sorry about that.
#16  September 12, 2013, 04:27:04 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Our initial goal was to make each character unique and we're going to try to continue that as we make each character. Though, it'll be tough as we get more and more of the same types made and whatnot.

I get a Permission Denied when trying to download from mediafire because of copyright issue with one of the Pokemon songs you used.
Besides that game looks cool hope to try it if you plan to solve the download issue.

Edit: never mind now its allowing me to download sorry about that.

Ryon is hosting the download. I'll let him know if he doesn't see this right away.

#17  September 12, 2013, 05:22:56 pm
Why did I miss this? I have to try this out (even if I'm not a fan/fun of Pokèmon I enjoy the ATB concept put into this).
#18  September 12, 2013, 05:26:11 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I understand. I'm not fan of Pokemon either. However, when Ryon presented the idea to me, I really liked what I heard, hence our collaboration. :)

#19  September 12, 2013, 05:26:24 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Amazing idea
#20  September 12, 2013, 06:16:42 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I love the mechanics of this game, this is awesome guys!
There are mechanics I feel that are too "generic" for a game like this (wall bounce and the hit counter to name a few) but overall this game is amazing.
Do you guys plan on adding an affinity system of some sort?  IE: Fire > Water, etc?

This definitely has potential to be one of the better things released within the community.
I can't wait to see future updates from you guys!  :sugoi:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty