YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743848 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1301  December 12, 2018, 04:12:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Cloud is the most iconic FF char by far so that's simple. The Atlas thing feels moot because Persona is a big deal too. And Atlas probably wanted to promote their latest one. I have never played any Persona besides a bit of Persona4 Arena. I know none of the characters and I know none of the characters you mentioned either.
You kinda act like there are NOT people out there that know these chars. Chars cannot be based on just your taste or mine. If it was based on mine it'd have a crazy small pool to pull from!
#1302  December 12, 2018, 04:21:40 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'm currently maining Ridley and Simon/Richter Belmont. Ridley has nice offensive strats you can use.
#1303  December 12, 2018, 04:56:53 pm
Got the game last Friday and boy, this is the best Smash Bros game since Smash 4 (Wii U).

Unlocked all the chars and I've made 89 Miis. Never get bored on this game for now. I haven't touch Spirit Mode, but I'm still collecting from the actual fighters from that, then I can use some of these spirits whatever I want.

Square Enix has very expensive stuff to use in another developer's content. Sakurai was lucky enough to even get Cloud in Smash. As for the Mii Fighters, they can't be used in Classic Mode because every fighter has a title that makes sense in their game of origin and are assigned certain fighters as well as Bosses because not every fighter has Master Hand as the final boss. The Mii Fighters have to real backstory and were created to the player's heart's content.

Maybe that's why Cloud was being added and 2 songs have added. As for the Mii Fighters, they could be on Classic mode if they fought randomly fighters from other franchise, than having Master and Crazy Hand as their final boss. It's such a odd choice to not have them in Classic. They deserve better than that, just like Cloud. More stage music and have his own English VA back like Marth and Roy.

In conclusion, I think this game could still be updated to fix some of the characters and along the way that the DLC characters are coming and maybe a new mode like a boss rush mode. Now that's a mode they could be added. This isn't Smash Bros Brawl or Smash 4, this is Ultimate... Smash Bros Ultimate baby.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#1304  December 12, 2018, 07:04:03 pm
    • Brazil
Question: has anyone considered that a Mortal Kombat character can be among the DLCs? MK11 will be available for Switch, and even if it wasn't, MK had games on Nintendo consoles before, so, I think we can expect Scorpion or Sub-Zero.
#1305  December 12, 2018, 07:33:44 pm
Question: has anyone considered that a Mortal Kombat character can be among the DLCs? MK11 will be available for Switch, and even if it wasn't, MK had games on Nintendo consoles before, so, I think we can expect Scorpion or Sub-Zero.

That would be cool. Scorpion is by far the popular MK character next to Sub-Zero. He even appeared in Injustice. We now have 3 characters from a rated M games, so I don't mind for Scorpion in Smash Bros. Only the obvious thing to remove is the blood and fatality. That would never happen in the Smash series.
#1306  December 12, 2018, 07:35:51 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1307  December 12, 2018, 07:40:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1308  December 12, 2018, 08:36:13 pm
#1309  December 12, 2018, 09:44:21 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com

Could you see Killer Instinct making it since they used to be Nintendo (technically Rare)?
#1310  December 12, 2018, 10:07:06 pm
#1311  December 12, 2018, 10:38:41 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Holy shit Pichu is great in this game. You can play between they down aerial, thunder, and other moves with each other. People even bring Pichu a bit higher than Pikachu in the tier lists.

Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:43:39 pm by R565
#1312  December 13, 2018, 05:36:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It pains me how little I can do with either Samus or Dark Samus.  I have no intent of dropping playing either, talking about my all-time favorite franchise here, but they're just not cutting it the way I would like it.  Young Link, on the other hand, my god, this is it, this is the Perfect Character.  It just feels right playing him.  Literally the only thing I can ask more of him is aesthetic changes, make use of his Majora's Mask appearance with swapping out the Triforce trap Final Smash for something with the Fierce Deity.  I would even take just copying something from Hyrule Warrior's playbook.  Or even keep the current Final Smash, just transform him during it.

Oh and Inklings are quite good, exceedingly more-so than I was worried they would be, they are definitely a mainstay for me.
#1313  December 13, 2018, 12:59:14 pm
    • Brazil

Could you see Killer Instinct making it since they used to be Nintendo (technically Rare)?
Or Rash. Cause this cameo is killing him.
Neither of them are really impossible, to be honest. At this point, if they managed to get Joker in, even though Persona didn't have that many games in Nintendo consoles, then classics like Killer Instinct and Battletoads are much more likely than ever.
#1314  December 13, 2018, 02:20:11 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ Can you imagine the backlash though if Nintendo went to the studio that owns Banjo-Kazooie and came back with freaking Battletoads?

It's occurred to me that the real reason Sakurai included that Style Savvy J-pop song in the soundtrack was so that there would be appropriate music for the Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents spirit fights.  The absolute dedication of this man.
Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:23:42 pm by Person Man
#1315  December 14, 2018, 03:46:06 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Version 1.2.0 of Ultimate is out.

Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle were updated and Challenger AI was weakened. They're looking to see what changes were made besides that.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1316  December 14, 2018, 04:25:21 am
    • Brazil
So, my prediction list, because I just noticed I didn't suggest anyone until now:

• Joker (Persona) - Confirmed before list
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Picking him over Scorpion, because I think he can have a much more interesting moveset with his freeze and constructs, also, I may not know everything about Smash balancing, but I'm pretty sure that a character whose signature attack brings the target close to you would be a weird choice in a game where you're supposed to knock people out of the arena
  • Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) - People seem to have forgotten about about this suggestion, but I still love it. Yeah, I gave up on Dark Souls after losing patience in the middle of Dark Souls 2, but I still love the game and its premise, and it became a classic at this point, it would be a waste to not have a representant in Smash, and Solaire is iconic enough
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) - It surprised me how this guy didn't make it to the Wii version itself, so I'm still surprised he is not in yet. Eggman is a classic videogame villain on the level of Bowser, yet we have yet to see him in the game. Yeah, he has a spirit in the game, but don't all playable characters have one? Its true he has less chances, but they can always surprise us again.
  • A generation VIII Pokémon (Pokémon) - Seems like a quite obvious choice, for me. They'll need to hype the next generation of Pokémon in the next year, and what a better thing to do than release one of them as a DLC for an already succesful fighting game crossover?

Other characters that I could see entering include (not in any particular order, also I'm aware some of those have spirits, but, again, we don't really know if spirits deconfirm characters, yet):
  • Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
  • Rash (Battletoads)
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
  • A rabbid (Rayman)
  • Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  • Shantae (Shantae)
  • Partner Eevee (Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee!)
Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:37:55 am by Macaulyn97
#1317  December 14, 2018, 05:14:41 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
I read that the difficulty of the "challenger approaching" unlocks were adjusted in the latest patch. Hopefully everyone who was having a tough time with them can rest easy now.
#1318  December 14, 2018, 05:25:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I dunno, I never noticed the challengers for new character unlocks being, well, challenging.  Perhaps more-so than the level 3 default A.I., but not near their level 9 A.I., which is just default to me anyways.  Now, the Legend level spirits, those guys are the ones who are getting me.  Even with a countering spirit type around the same power level, sometimes even higher, I'll notice that they'll do around 3x more damage than normal, the significantly less amount I do and how adept they are at actual combos and perfect shielding every move that leaves you open for punishment.

It's strange, I feel I'm doing less with the Samus twins, yet only now did I get a 9.9 Classic run with Dark Samus.  Meanwhile it seemed I did better actually playing as other characters?  Also, what are the actual requirements for getting a 9.9?  I've gotten a number of characters landing at 9.8, despite getting a handful of Nice Runs during matches and no deaths, starting at 5 of course.
#1319  December 14, 2018, 08:02:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I dunno, I never noticed the challengers for new character unlocks being, well, challenging.  Perhaps more-so than the level 3 default A.I., but not near their level 9 A.I., which is just default to me anyways.  Now, the Legend level spirits, those guys are the ones who are getting me.  Even with a countering spirit type around the same power level, sometimes even higher, I'll notice that they'll do around 3x more damage than normal, the significantly less amount I do and how adept they are at actual combos and perfect shielding every move that leaves you open for punishment.
Might have to give in and use the Super Armor Spirit (Polar Bear/Regigas/Walhart)
#1320  December 14, 2018, 08:07:09 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
I dunno, I never noticed the challengers for new character unlocks being, well, challenging.  Perhaps more-so than the level 3 default A.I., but not near their level 9 A.I., which is just default to me anyways.

Yeah, I don't want to sound like a dick, but the "Challenger Approaching" fights weren't that hard to me. Hell, ZSS just straight up killed herself by accident within the first 2 seconds when I fought her.