YesNoOk

SaH wipage. Nanotech Update, attack suggestions for NT? (Read 7508 times)

Started by ScottaHemi, September 02, 2008, 02:05:22 am
Share this topic:
SaH wipage. Nanotech Update, attack suggestions for NT?
#1  September 02, 2008, 02:05:22 am
  • when in doubt, duct it!
    • USA
blackchaos07 got me started with mugen sometime last December after he saw a pixelcar tutorial of mine or something i posted on YouTube. I've been pixeling for a long time to and mugen was so cool i just had to try making some guys.

anyway Dans an original character i made up a long time ago.  he was the most complete of my wip characters.  i've got some sprites i'm going to replace "walk" and some more attacks to give him and a few things to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOod3TnvY2Q

i'll add the screenshorts in a minute

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'm also starting to work on a new character i named NanoTech he's a transforming robot. and also shnitzel but they're just started

untill i do more work with him and post a video i'll just post some of the gifs.
Dizzy, Gaurd Stand, and a part of the intro that the gif animator screwed up..

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:51:36 am by ScottaHemi

BC

Re: Scottahemi WIPS. "currently Dan"
#2  September 02, 2008, 02:12:00 am
    • UK
ive watched this character grow from day 1

im a big fan of scott's pixel art, he is also a good friend now.

lol i remember coding him when i was inexperienced, so alot of tweaking needed :P

-only minor glitch is the saber move where he stands on the air for a bit, triggerall = statetype !=A   <<<<  :-X should have added it but i guess i forgot back then lol, no worries ill be tweaking away soon :D

this character is kickass i love it

although id definatly need to re-do his AI, i learned better methods now.

come on guys who loves the car move!!! i chose them sounds haha
Accepting commissions
#3  September 02, 2008, 02:15:18 am
    • Thailand
sooooo.... who's making the character? is it a Team project?

Nice i like the concept of the car coming to hit, Electric based powers seem to fit him, i would have thought grass, and thorns etc.   :-X
#4  September 02, 2008, 02:16:23 am
    • USA
i'm making the sprites and blackchaos is helping me code him  "and fix what i break when i try coding myself"

i'm currious what made you think plants? 

some of my plans for him include giving him some more stun gun based attacks.

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:24:36 am by ScottaHemi

BC

#5  September 02, 2008, 02:27:03 am
    • UK
adreas borghi has 2 plant guys one a propper plant and one like a tree type dude lol

edit: im mistaken, 1 guy, and they both are the same lol he turns into a plant for the fatal  ;P
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:30:16 am by blackchaos07
Re: Scottahemi WIPS. "NanoTech" move suggestions?
#6  September 05, 2008, 07:40:38 pm
    • USA
well i've been working on NanoTech and his Transformation modes.

anyway Nanotech is an assassin android.  He can transform his limbs, sword, or even his whole body to verious weapons and devices. "he keeps a humanoid shape when he transforms"

anyway i'm open for attack suggestions for NanoTech, and his transformation modes NanoSpeed and NanoForce.  i have some attacks planned for NT "mostly projectiles" but i dont' have many if any attacks planed for NS or NF.

also suggestions on other transformation modes would be cool to.  i was thinking of a samuri like transformation this morning that deals heavily with the transforming sword.  I love the idea of having him completely change durring the battle to different modes and 3 may be all i do but who knows if i finish quick enoughf i could do more

couple screenshorts in his Volt Pallet

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:03:51 pm by ScottaHemi
#7  September 05, 2008, 07:42:28 pm
    • Thailand
Just look at him he screams Plants, and huge giant thorns.

BC

#8  September 05, 2008, 07:53:43 pm
    • UK
wow liking the big robot transformation, that is screaming for a plasma blast out of his arms  :P
Accepting commissions
#9  September 05, 2008, 08:02:23 pm
    • USA
i guess i'm not seeing it :(

plasma blast would be cool :D

Paint Rules!
#10  September 05, 2008, 10:13:57 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Looks cool, but the stance needs more animation..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#11  September 05, 2008, 10:20:38 pm
    • USA
like?

he doesn't have any hair or cloths to blow in the wind and being robotic i didn't think he needed to move very much when he's not doing anything?

ok i made nanoforces legs bend and Tech and Speeds arms move up and down like nanoForces arms did look better?

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:07:33 pm by ScottaHemi

BC

#12  September 06, 2008, 12:14:16 am
    • UK
stance definatly looks better now ;)

cant wait to see his transformation in action...........oh hang on i gotta code him :o   ;P
Accepting commissions
#13  September 06, 2008, 10:27:51 pm
    • USA
some more nanotech screenshots blackchaos added the get hit frames i drew the other day
and he now jumps and crouches without going blank :D

next step is for me to draw his gaurdstands and his pushed backward sprites and maby dizzy mode as i have an idea for that. I have no idea what to do for intro win taunt and loose so that's open to suggestions along with hypers and super and projectile attack ideas

also do these look good for if i feel like starting another character?

Edit Edit.
nevermind i'm gonig with the shield

Edit again...

horray for custom hitsparks!!!

i'm gonna see if it's possible to get this move to work with Oil hitsparks because robots do not bleed blood they bleed low friction hydrolic fluid like the tractor does though that fluid was a red color and my oil sprites look more like used motor oil.  I'm probably also going to add in another frame so the chain doesn't look so stiff when it's in the opponant

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:15:07 am by ScottaHemi

BC

#14  September 11, 2008, 01:17:10 pm
    • UK
ooooo  :o liking the potential of that move, hey is it like scorpion from mortal kombats, spear? sticks it in them and pulls them towards him in dizzy state?
Accepting commissions
#15  September 11, 2008, 04:32:50 pm
    • USA
it's just a medium ranged attack i think. but that ideas is kinda cool.

i was planning on making the right fist be a grappling move though.

Paint Rules!

BC

#16  September 12, 2008, 01:42:54 pm
    • UK
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f8qcodeQ6OQ

view 1:03 of this video (fatality) mayb this could be a good idea for like a finishing move lol (obviously not the exact idea, or mayb the exact idea if its good enough)

(seeing as you used blood in the last animation thought this character should have a kinda brutal twist to it) ;) ;)

p.s the blood you made looks great :)
Accepting commissions

JozoTheBoogey

#17  September 12, 2008, 04:27:01 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f8qcodeQ6OQ

view 1:03 of this video (fatality) mayb this could be a good idea for like a finishing move lol (obviously not the exact idea, or mayb the exact idea if its good enough)

(seeing as you used blood in the last animation thought this character should have a kinda brutal twist to it) ;) ;)

p.s the blood you made looks great :)
If you ask me that could be a good finishing move, lol
And the move on 2:08 is so funny. lol
#18  September 12, 2008, 11:20:25 pm
    • USA
the blood in that move is only appropriate :D

can have rocket propelled railroad spikes without it. but i'm not sure about finisher moves.  he is an assasin robot but i donno. i'm deffinilty gonna expand the rocket fist thing into more verious attacks might even make a rocket propelled chainsaw :D

also had a couple sweet new ideas such as a hyper dash.  and a MK2 Dropkick kinda thing

and heres some preview sprite outlines "i know it's jpg PB does that to bmps.
Ban Hammer

droping a bomb

and recharge mode

i'll shade them in right after i finish the basics. all i really have left is win taunt intro loss and the jumping and crouching basic attacks

Introducing I.V.A.N.

Paint Rules!
Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:27:10 am by ScottaHemi

BC

#19  September 13, 2008, 02:21:21 am
    • UK
this character is gonna have about 4 trillion moves by the time he is finished lol i love it! so many posibilities......and like you said

"ROBOT POWER"!!!!
Accepting commissions
#20  September 15, 2008, 04:57:40 am
    • USA
mighty robot power :D

nanotechs on hold for a while we're trying to get his required sprites put togheter in the meantime i started IVAN a soviat robot info and pics 2 posts above in the spoiler and started to remake dan

i call him EMP dan. this is an adult "older" version that followed a different storyline in my comics then the tazer wielding dan in the first posts.  i'm not gonna abandon the old Dan just because i'm making a new version. put to much time into him to do that.  this dan is very different from the old dan.  he doesn't have any weaponry but instead the neckless lets him do stuff with EMP waves and blasts.  the hoverboard will play a much bigger role this time as if it's possible i'll have him be able to jump on and jump off the hoverboard. along with being knocked off the hoverboard when he gets knocked down by an attack or goes into dizzy mode ect.

he's just a bit taller then the old dan. but has the same hair color and style his cloths are way different but that's because he's for a different story then Dan C. is form.

Paint Rules!