YesNoOk

Collecting data (Artmoney Data) (Read 3932 times)

Started by FerchogtX, July 03, 2008, 06:45:13 am
Share this topic:
Collecting data (Artmoney Data)
#1  July 03, 2008, 06:45:13 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Hi again...

I know I've asked for something realted time ago, but now is a bit different.
Since I suck at calculating data using physics, I decided to try to get some data from MvC2, and So I did, I looked for some game data, such as Vel Y, so with that I can get correct velocities and yaccels (using the table given by this guy... an excel sheet in which you can interpolate data... http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=28777.msg631204#msg631204)

I got some data... but i'm not sure if it is the Vel Y data or not... because I get weird data in the excel shhet (values like 65232 or something for vel y O_o) I tried with vampire savior table (nwarrior need offset apliance, but i'm unable to find the bloody timer... Gosh... is the first game that does that to me) and the data is correct sonce i get logical velocities (11.something and yaccel of 0.7 for felicia for example) but the problem is that the yaccel is a LOT exagerated there, so comparing against mvc2, she looks insanely faster, so I'm on MvC2 data.

I leave the table is someone want it, has some extra stuff I added and the "supposed" y velocities parameters, I don't know what's really wrong here... but if you can point out I'll be grateful
Table : http://rapidshare.com/files/126711553/Marvel_vs_Capcom_2.rar.html

I'm using artmoney 7.27, kawaks 1.59 (for vampire savior / nwarriors data) and Chankast 0.25

See ya!!! :D

P.D. I'm sleepy!... I posted in the wrong place... And I'm unable to move this... Is not my day :(
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:51:14 am by FerchogtX
Re: Collecting data (Artmoney Data)
#2  July 03, 2008, 06:21:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Some notes.

vampire saviour's physics and versus series physics should be failry different as vs series has stupidly low y accel (though it is justified because of the lol fly jumps).

you only need to use physics - based value if you implement physics based coding.

when the values are weird ttry dividing them by a certain value.

Becareful of turbo settings, as capcom's way of achieving turbo is skip on rendering frames, so you you can get a value of 5 for xvel, and from one tick to the other have the player move 10 pixels.
#3  July 04, 2008, 06:37:19 am
    • Mexico
Some notes.

vampire saviour's physics and versus series physics should be failry different as vs series has stupidly low y accel (though it is justified because of the lol fly jumps).

you only need to use physics - based value if you implement physics based coding.

when the values are weird ttry dividing them by a certain value.

Becareful of turbo settings, as capcom's way of achieving turbo is skip on rendering frames, so you you can get a value of 5 for xvel, and from one tick to the other have the player move 10 pixels.

The problem is to know which value should work to get the correct data... I'm afraid that maybe I got some global Y Pos Instead of y vel... :( And the worst part is that I can't even get working the nwarriors table, because i'm unable to find EVEN a simple X or even easier... the timer data... so the only data i have is insanely fast (at least for vs like characters)

Is there a way in which some people (like Cloudius or Nobuyuki) finds values in artmoney for mvc2? or they use other methods? I even tried to count pixel by pixel with some animget screenies... but that doesn't help with yaccel or real yvel data... I don't know why is so hard since some people can get data from mvc2... well...

Anyway, if you can give me some hits for this i'll be thankfull... I really want to get usefull data from this.

This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#4  July 04, 2008, 04:41:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's been a long time so I don't remember well the specifics but I found 2 values that you had to work with for the Y axis in MVC2

Maybe some of my artmoney tables will assist you?

http://www.justnopoint.com/Tables/
#5  July 04, 2008, 06:03:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
If you can't tell the diference between a yvel, y accels and Y pos you need to reread yor physics books.
#6  July 04, 2008, 07:58:41 pm
    • Mexico
If you can't tell the diference between a yvel, y accels and Y pos you need to reread yor physics books.

Well, looking more, I guess that I found y vel data... they are different memory locations, and the values given are different from y pos data... I can tell the difference between y vel and y pos, the problem is that artmoney is not giving me "logical" data... I mean... 46 in hex gives me about 256 or something (i don't remember) for integrer y vel... O_o It's just crazy!... I'm supposed to get data lower than 20 or 25 for y vel, not 250 or higher... even for y pos is insanely high... considering i'm testing with normal jump XD

I really don't know... how to get the real data, maybe... does every game handles velocity data in the same way? or they change? (like for example if they use 1 byte integrers or 2 byte, or only 1 byte, or only 2 byte...)

It's been a long time so I don't remember well the specifics but I found 2 values that you had to work with for the Y axis in MVC2

Maybe some of my artmoney tables will assist you?

http://www.justnopoint.com/Tables/

Maybe it's an abuse but... can you check my artmoney table? maybe there is something is not correct or something... I ask you because you teached how to use artmoney so you are the direct experto on this :( (is the same table you did, but with the "y vel" parameters added...)

See ya!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#7  July 04, 2008, 08:36:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The way the games handle the data can easily change, it's similar whe they sahre engines, like all the kof versions. Try checking for small increments and dividing by certain values.
#8  July 06, 2008, 02:32:25 am
    • Mexico
That's a good solution, I'll try... the problem for the second part is... which values i shoud use to divide?

Hell... I should look nasty with this :(

See ya!!! :
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#9  July 06, 2008, 03:14:23 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll start playing with artmoney again after I finish my current issue. Give me around 2 weeks or so, I need to reinstall all my emulators and isos and stuff as well.
#10  July 07, 2008, 09:54:26 pm
    • Mexico
I'll start playing with artmoney again after I finish my current issue. Give me around 2 weeks or so, I need to reinstall all my emulators and isos and stuff as well.

I'm really thankfull, Take your time man :)

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#11  July 31, 2008, 08:46:01 pm
    • Mexico
Well... I don't want to be a pussy... I was just wondering if you got something TDS... I'm still working with artmoney... but no luck, just weird values... It seems that you are my only hope man.

Sorry for reviving this... but I'm still needing help :(

THanks in advance.

See ya!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#12  August 23, 2008, 07:16:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
learna  bit of binary math, the data can be everything like shifted, in hex or inverted.