YesNoOk

Flowagirl's Brolly Remastered (Read 23250 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, July 25, 2015, 10:32:08 am
Share this topic:
Flowagirl's Brolly Remastered
#1  July 25, 2015, 10:32:08 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I've taken it upon myself to reskin and recode(to a degree) Flowagirl's Brolly.

I've cleaned up all of the available sprites to include better color separation than the origin game had and I'm in the process of remaking the sound file using the Japanese voice actor, Bin Shimada (as I can't stand his English actor), with sound effects I've extracted from one of the recent games. Tenkaichi Budokai 3 if I recall. Some of the original sounds were in pretty bad shape so I thought they deserved an overhaul.

Here's a template if you're interested in making some palettes for him. I'm always open to them, so go wild. And for the record, the aura should always be white. I'm not even sure if I'm going to use it but because it was in there I just tossed it on.

Any questions are always welcome. I haven't made much progress at this point, so suggestions are welcome to a degree. Again, keep in mind that I'm more or less reskinning an existing character with modern improvements. Also, this character is designed to be a boss character like the original, but I'll probably tone his AI down a bit. It's rather unstoppable in its current state.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:18:12 pm by Hoshi
Re: Flowagirl's Brolly Remastered
#2  July 25, 2015, 11:57:38 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
FUCK YES! I was waiting for someone to do this! As always Im available for custom voicing if needed! Good luck and may you make this Broly even better than it was before!
#3  July 25, 2015, 12:38:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is great news. Knowing how good you are with effects, I can't wait to see the eye candy you'll pull off with this character! :)

Speaking of gameplay, I didn't study the EB spriteset much, but I guess EB sprites will allow new moves that are not in Flowgirl's Broly, while some of the current moves may not have the necessary EB sprites. How will you go about this ? Edit sprites ? Code new moves and remove others ?

PS : I knew EB sprites were going to take over the Mugen world, but holy shit lol :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:48:57 pm by Cybaster
#4  July 25, 2015, 01:09:51 pm
This is Great there man. Good luck with this Character.

Here is my contribution and support. Two made palettes. Enjoy there.

Kenshiro Inspired:

Mukai Inspired:
#5  July 25, 2015, 02:01:11 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Figured I'd try to convert my pals from BadBoyz Broly to this one.  Didn't convert Bojack or Tager because I didn't feel they'd transition well due to the shared metals and I'm an uncompromising idiot.  Looking forward to the finished product man!
Deep Manga

Deep Dramatic

Guilty Grappler
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#6  July 25, 2015, 06:36:05 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
As always Im available for custom voicing if needed!
I'm using his Japanese voice for now, but when I've completed him for his initial release I might hit you up for an English pack(especially considering I hated his US VA).

This is great news. Knowing how good you are with effects, I can't wait to see the eye candy you'll pull off with this character! :)

Speaking of gameplay, I didn't study the EB spriteset much, but I guess EB sprites will allow new moves that are not in Flowgirl's Broly, while some of the current moves may not have the necessary EB sprites. How will you go about this ? Edit sprites ? Code new moves and remove others ?
This is where I decided to recode parts of the original Broly. Clearly, there's animations from the original that don't exist in the EB sprites. I may edit some together, but because I'm not familiar with the style let, I'll have to do a little research before going into something like that. Also, we're still waiting for more anims to get ripped from the source game, so there's that too.

Overall, I'm very excited about this. I've been in a Mugen-slump for a long time now and this seems interesting to me.

And thanks for the palettes everyone!

If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#7  July 25, 2015, 08:06:31 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome news and if you need ports, I'm willing to help out. Good luck and keep it rocking.
#8  July 25, 2015, 08:07:30 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Sounds good just let me know when. Take your time with this. I dont know about everyone else but im expecting an update so good that it becomes a character all its own kinda like how im doing with my Goku, draw inspiration from but with a huge spin on it that massively switches it up so its not even the same product as the original. So good luck!
#9  July 25, 2015, 09:14:53 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Sounds good just let me know when. Take your time with this. I dont know about everyone else but im expecting an update so good that it becomes a character all its own kinda like how im doing with my Goku, draw inspiration from but with a huge spin on it that massively switches it up so its not even the same product as the original. So good luck!

^^

Wish you the best of luck man, Broli's always been a fav of mine (yeah, I know I watched the Goku vs. Broli movie as of late, reason why I got back into DBZ along with Beerus), so this is a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to see your spin on him. Here are some palette submissions from me:

From left to right: Trafalgar D. Law (One Piece) - Sven Volfield (Black Cat) - Jotaro Kujo and Star Platinum (JJBA)

Here are the links to the .ACT files. I hope you find them good enough to use in the final product. :)

Trafalgar Mode Palette
Volfield Mode Palette
Kujo-Platinum Mode Palette

Good luck ^_^
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:06:57 pm by Black Hatter
#10  July 25, 2015, 10:12:50 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
#11  July 25, 2015, 10:17:27 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com

Looking forward to this project.
#12  July 25, 2015, 11:08:18 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The last two links are the same. :S Looks good so far though!

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out, and I'll try to contribute with a few more pals. ^_^

Also before I forget,the pals look you made look awesome Alther. Same to everyone. ^_^

This is a generic forum signature.
#13  July 26, 2015, 12:41:51 am
Here are two more palette's from Me. Enjoy there.

Leo (Red Earth / Warzard) Inspired:

Tizoc (KOF2003) Inspired:
#14  July 26, 2015, 03:24:50 am
I've always wanted to see a sequence where he jumps back onto a cliff and charges his super fireball, then releases it, like in movie 10 against Gohan.  I wanted to code it but had problems with the positionings on different stages.  Hope you can succeed it Hoshi.  Looking forward to your take on Broly (or update on Flowagirl's)!
#15  July 26, 2015, 03:44:41 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#16  July 26, 2015, 03:49:55 am
Well he can always completely fly out of the stage and set himself up on some random mountain off screen, and the blast would simply reach all the way to the enemy's spot in the stage.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#17  July 26, 2015, 04:08:04 am
  • That sarcastic dude who makes stuff to the sake of
    • Canada
this is awesome!!
#18  July 26, 2015, 04:26:27 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Small progress is still progress!

I'd completely forgotten there was a secondary God mode. I've replaced the stance, but It seems that beyond the normal idle stance, the sprites take a turn for the worst. I may just scrape the secondary stance and just add effects to the normal one. :\

EDIT:
Thanks for the ideas everyone! Also, someone pointed out his size compared to other characters. I'm taking this into account when making his attacks. I noticed that one of his kick attacks would reach across the entire screen, so I may end up turning that into a special of some sort.
#19  July 26, 2015, 05:09:44 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA

SSJGLSSJ

Could have done better with the red hair, but the orange hair I think i did good.
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:17:36 am by Thojoewhit
#20  July 26, 2015, 09:08:49 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
An example of the updated lightning effects. This is obviously a mock up, but you get the idea.