YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508181 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1441  November 11, 2013, 09:02:38 pm
    • Germany
Yes. Its a very impressive game. The Creators have my greatest respects for this Project.

But i think it would be cooler to release all the chars and a screenpack as single downloads , too.
There might be Mugen fans who want to make their own private Mugen 2d fighting game with chars of the blue cards who never were released before.

Plus, it makes me sad if Ash The Bloody , Teepo, Fou-Lu and MUCH MUCH others were not playable in the game but continue fighting against me. And maybe others are thinking the same

#1442  November 11, 2013, 09:09:24 pm
    • Japan
I disagree, those characters have very unique gameplay and would not be as awesome alone than they would be all togather, CSW is that kind of project that should be released only as "closed" mugen so you can't modify it.

Also think of it, how awesome would CSW be with zoom of 1.1?
#1443  November 12, 2013, 02:44:36 pm
    • Germany
Yes. it would be so awesome, that all the other chars would fight us all the time and with the zoom, so that  we could be even more attracted of their moves and wanting to play as them even more. Very great.

1. this unique gameplay can be changed by a skilled Mugen Creator. If he is skilled enough, he could edit the chars for his needs. And as long as it is for his private use and he doesnt publish them without permission, everything would be ok right? And if he wants to change that, then there is nothing for others to critizise on this matter. Because different people, different taste. And thats good as it is.

2. The game would be awesome even if all the chars and the screenpack will be released as single downloads. There wouldnt be any difference. The game would be able to be modified by the users. And the VERY good thing is, that balance WILL be made sure if we put only the chars in this game that the original author of the game release. It would be Sad if all these great chars wouldnt be used enough. The sprites are very well made. and the gameplay is interesting as well. If anyone wants to modify the original game, then why not let him ? doesnt mean that YOU have to do it right ? And it doesnt mean he wouldnt cherish or respect the original game, correct?
MUGEN is meant to be flexible. The Quantity of all these heros in combination with the quality of the sprites and the gameplay is what makes this game so special.

Result : Personally, I wouldnt change the game one bit. I only wish for all the chars playable. 1. because the game will become more awesome this way. 2. because there are chars among the blue cards never released before.
I would make a second game with this gameplay for my needs, in which I would include the best of those blue cards. But i would always leave the original version untouched, even if it is editable. The authors deserve this Credit very much. In the End, i can see no negative aspects in releasing the chars and addons as single downloads. On the contrary, it would give the Mugen world a boom and more material to create,edit,cherish and enjoy. Thats why I vote for a public release.

And if you want an example, then take a look at Super MvC-EoH by Infinity-Mugen-Team. I have this game in my Folder of original Mugen games. to honor this beautiful work. ok it is not editable, but at least All the authors agreed to publish the games content in form of single downloads to give Fans the opportunity to make their own game, to give them material to further evolve their creations, to give them code to learn from. But their original game is still famous.

I am working on an Evil-Ken MvC Styled in effects and gameplay. I am taking the sprites of Reus Evil-Ken as a base. I am no good spriter. Thx to DOY, I am able to do little Sprite Edits to make moves i didnt have acces to before. The code is from me, of course. with inspiration of others codes i made my own. And now think about what would have been if Reu would have made his works private only. or non editable in a full game project. If that were the case, then i wouldnt be able to make my own Evil-Ken. Reu revolutioned Mugen with his works. And he didnt make them hidden or non-editable. We all remember his effort.
But if nobody maks his works public, then how shall others learn. And where should they get material for more if they cant sprite themselves? Evolution will stop. and that would be sad wouldnt you agree ?
Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:02:19 pm by Zodiac Uchiha
#1444  November 12, 2013, 03:09:34 pm
that's a nice post but i don't think they're going to change their stance on things
#1445  November 14, 2013, 10:41:20 am
Good explanation but, there are always people that leak stuff all around. İt's impossible to trust everyone at once. Nobody is the same really. Also, İ don't think that they put so much time and make this game for others to change and modify it. Most Creators are moleboxing their games now and than really.
#1446  November 15, 2013, 05:01:10 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Sadly so far most molebox mugens fail the antivirus scan
#1447  November 15, 2013, 05:56:38 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
I wonder what a Beta Release (Demo) would be like
#1448  November 15, 2013, 09:12:07 am
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
hypothetically speaking, chances are..........
- 4 or 5 chars available
- 2 or 3 stages available

and not so many blue or green cards for use since this is a hypothetically assumption of a demo release
(...........that and the fact I've seen all the red/green/blue cards they have on that site and that is a shit ton of possible animations, spriting, programming and overall flat out work to input)
......possibly up in the air about the additional cards being even included IF a demo was produced
#1449  November 16, 2013, 07:19:13 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Why don't we lock this thread and make it so mods or the original poster are the only ones that can open it?  All of these necro posts are annoying.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#1450  November 16, 2013, 07:29:25 pm
if the thread was locked then nobody would've been able to post about the update
#1451  November 16, 2013, 07:32:59 pm
The topic creator can always reopen a locked topic. A new update would most likely be made by him - and if someone else takes after it, then he can always PM a mod to ask for it to be unlocked. And I thought this was done before to this topic.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1452  November 16, 2013, 07:41:04 pm
#1453  November 17, 2013, 02:06:09 pm
I do look into his deviantart account once in a while and i see that he is actually bussy. No screens and no updates doesn't mean that he isn't working on this game. His explanation was good enough for all that were waiting for a answer.
#1454  September 21, 2014, 11:53:24 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
The following .gif`s show the combos of each character ...

X STRIKE

Another gif, this time a KOSMOS combo

Metroidvania combo!

source: http://ahruon.tumblr.com/

MFG,
Craver
#1455  September 21, 2014, 12:37:33 pm
#1456  September 21, 2014, 01:04:15 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
but was not posted anything. ;)
#1457  August 08, 2015, 08:09:37 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
ahruon;
So apparently our CardGallery site has gone down (we didn’t update it in ages so I had no idea of it’s status) But I managed to take out the sprites we made, too bad they are cropped…

This is all from me and Orkimides (http://orkimides.deviantart.com/) and more people, from 2006 to 2009

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Quelle;
http://ahruon.tumblr.com/

MFG,
Craver
Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:56:57 pm by C-r-a-v-e-r
#1458  August 08, 2015, 08:14:40 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I thought this was finally it my heart skipped a beat when I read the thread name
#1459  August 08, 2015, 08:16:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I thought the game was cancelled a long time ago so I forgot about it. no offense.
#1460  August 08, 2015, 08:16:57 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
Unfortunately, no more, no less :(