YesNoOk

Biohazard screenpack 1.1 (Read 44081 times)

Started by abls1, November 14, 2013, 12:09:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Biohazard screenpack 1.1
#21  November 16, 2013, 07:21:12 am
  • Food and Woman!
For the VS. screen, you should add some type of overlay to the center to hide the bottom & top edges of the renders because it doesn't look good when the renders just "end".

I agree with @Reck
#22  November 16, 2013, 07:54:47 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
If you guys mean on the vs screen the grey lines in top and bottom this on the was the screenshot form the artwork not actual in game screen.  I first design the screen then whatever i design do it one mugen 99.9% true to the art work
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#23  November 16, 2013, 08:55:25 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
If you guys mean on the vs screen the grey lines in top and bottom this on the was the screenshot form the artwork not actual in game screen.  I first design the screen then whatever i design do it one mugen 99.9% true to the art work

No, I'm talking about the edges of the renders. I circled them so you can see here:

Do you see how the renders just abruptly end? No fade-out. No overlay to cover the edges. It doesn't look good (imo)
I'm not trying to bash your work, I'm just making a suggestion.
#24  November 16, 2013, 09:18:50 am
ok i got you... I'll try to find something that fits if not then i will use the large ports scaled down to fit that screen scaling it down will probably mean some slight artwork modification
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#25  November 16, 2013, 09:29:24 am
    • USA
Here's a concept design
#26  November 16, 2013, 09:53:13 am
I see your idea but the issue with putting the font inside the bars will make the characters name hard to read and to be able to i will have to add some background which will throw me off the design

I came up with taller chars using large ports. I removed character names so i can see properly how to place in screen.

I will try also your concept

Thanks for the time you took the give me your concept

Edit:

I can scale up or down if when i scale uf its a couple of pixels too high then i can place the bars in front.  Now that i see my concept looks boring so i will work on something similar to what Reck posted
New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:58:36 am by abls1
#27  November 16, 2013, 10:11:28 am
    • USA
Well, regarding not being able to see the character's names, I would suggest using another color variant for the font to make it stand out better, But it's up to you in the end. As for the pixels being to high, you can always trim them down a little without having to change scaling. (as long as it doesn't cut their face out)
#28  November 16, 2013, 11:24:06 am
  • Food and Woman!
It's ok if you want to stick to your vs screen but like Reck say, put something to cover the edge of characters port. Here some example:-

I put a black line to cover the characters port so it will not look like the port just been cut off. If you can come up with something like this, I think is already good. This is just an edit to show you, you can try add different type of line or even something else to cover the characters port.
#29  November 16, 2013, 12:00:57 pm
Ok so i will go back to the old design i can shrink the ports a little ,make the vs a separate image, move a layer forward and scale differently and add the line i will look for something that fits if i can not find anything they i will work with black blurred one

Thanks for your suggestions

Update:  New gameover screen with no clouds

Thanks to @AntM that work very hard to remove the image  Now if you guys can suggest a sky to be used as a scrolling background it must be at least 2x the width of 1280 or 2590 px.

New MUGEN Forum Opened
#30  November 16, 2013, 12:18:33 pm
  • Food and Woman!
I'm also like Reck concept for vs screen. You say you will try to do that concept too so if can try it to. Like Reck said, you can change color for font name if you want to make it visible.

For the sky, I don't have any example but I suggest do some dark sky since this screenpack theme is Biohazard. You know, a sky look like a apocalypse/destroyed world.
#31  November 16, 2013, 12:28:26 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace

For the flares of the VS screen, I wanted to speak about something like that. That could just pop around during the movement of the  bars.
#32  November 16, 2013, 04:25:03 pm
new vs screen 7 using some suggestions

New MUGEN Forum Opened
#33  November 16, 2013, 05:12:39 pm
  • Food and Woman!
new vs screen 7 using some suggestions

Ah...now that looks better  :2thumbsup:

Posted: November 16, 2013, 05:21:43 pm
Oh wait, it is just me or the font name "SPIDERMAN" look kinda awkward because it was in the middle? I think you can move a bit to the right, make it the font name for player 1 (I assume the Spiderman is player 1) is above the "DANGER" font. Because for "DRAGON CLAW" font look okay on the left side under the "SHOCK" font so it will be better/more balance I think when you does like that. It's kinda weird for me when player 1 name in the middle while player 2 name on the left side...no fitting in my eyes.
#34  November 16, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
The issue with moving the names is that some characters have very long names.  I will test once i implements  to screenpack.

Update: 
Animated sky background added now i have to tweek the cloud scrolling speed.
Maybe the game over will  be animated slowly appears in the screen after a couple of seconds
New character select port size I scaled down some.. now the font displays perfect

new vs

New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:16:50 pm by abls1
#35  November 16, 2013, 07:17:19 pm
    • USA
In the fonts case, you could take a page outta NoZ's book and just include them in the character's portrait. It would require some work on existing ports, but I think it's manageable. And it would also give you the freedom to shrink or blow-up the fonts to your liking.
#36  November 16, 2013, 07:32:55 pm
I cannot use NOZ style because fonts look inconsistent since every creator uses their own size
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#37  November 16, 2013, 07:36:45 pm
    • USA
I suppose I could see the issue there.
#38  November 17, 2013, 07:22:19 am
@Reck
 I think it was a good idea having font on the image but this would increase the time i want to use for designing,  Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming.

Update:

Character select patch will be release soon, so you guys can see how everything is going on the character select screen
New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:14:54 am by abls1
#39  November 19, 2013, 10:37:37 am
Updates & work logs

Now loading image Looking for spin animation code for the center Biohazard center image

Scrolling animation added to vs screen top and bottom bars, Maybe the images of "shock" and "Danger" will flash off and on.

Working on demo version:  It will be character select & watermarked title screen.  I watermarked because at the moment is early on development and i do not want it to be edited by beta testers even before  official release.

Random char select image

New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:48:05 am by abls1
#40  November 20, 2013, 03:36:05 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
GOD! In every update, that Sp gets better! :lugoi: