Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#61  August 18, 2012, 03:33:55 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
It's the PSP version of the game that had Eagle and Yun, brought over Maki from the horrible, horrible GBA port, and included Ingrid as well.
#62  August 18, 2012, 03:49:34 am
  • Was it something I said?
Thanks for the suggestion/find though. And yeah, I doubt there are any Eagles in MUGEN that actually have this intro against any Sagat out there.  Even if there is, still not doing it.

Good point. There is no Eagle that has the intro anyway, not even in both JZ or CrazyKoopa's. It's still interesting for any of those who may want to try and recreate it, at least. Looking forward to Sagat, anyway.
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:09:35 am by Knuckles8864
#63  August 18, 2012, 01:24:54 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

DW

#64  August 18, 2012, 09:23:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
*sigh* I suppose I can ask them to implement it. JZ or CrazyKoopa. Though I really don't want to make a patch. I thought about making a patch for JZ's Andy so that he'd bow along with my Mai, but shot down the idea after some extra thought. I should have asked him to add it, but for some reason, I forgot all about it and never asked him. At any rate, I'll ask them. If they are willing, I'll do it. If not, sorry but I'm not making a patch. I'll also ask JZ about adding the intro for his Andy against my Mai.
#65  August 18, 2012, 10:53:59 pm
    • USA
If  they won't, I will. >:[

DW

#66  August 19, 2012, 12:48:59 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright then lol. I could use the lesson in interactive intros. Simple ones like someone talking to somebody else or taunting them is easy enough. Though intros of this nature, like actually fighting against a foe, well...at least a showcase or attacks/dodges/parries pre-fight, I haven't dealt with yet. I'll let you know their answer when I ask them.

DW

#67  August 24, 2012, 10:54:19 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So... Kung Fu Girl is pretty much done. I just need an updated custom small pic for her. I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to add a custom super for her, called "Kung Fu Ranbu"... If I do decide to do it, it'll another day or two before I release her. In order for me to code it in, have it tested, etc. Here's some more pics...

Me and my bro slappin' it up in team co-op. He's Geese obviously... :P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A preview of her Lv3 super, "Kung Fu Fury"...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

As the name suggests, KFG goes into a mad frenzy, running at her foe(s) full speed, while flailing her arms for big damage. Combos in very nicely, but it's a very reckless technique. It's easily avoided if not comboed in, leaving poor KFG wide open for counter attacks. She's damn fast, and combos really well. She's only a tad bit slower than Mai, which is who I based her agility from. However, KFG has very low stamina/defense and her attack power is lower than the average female as well. You'll have to make use of her high dexterity and comboing abilities to overcome your foes.

So, Riku said he can't fix up her small pic because he was busy with other things. Since you offered Goodaldo, I'd be much obligied if you could whip up a new one for her. On the note of Sagat... No, I haven't begun work on him again just yet... However, I did speak with JZ about the Eagle intro. He was just as surprised as I was to see that intro. He agreed to update his Eagle with the intro, once he gets the frame data and all for us to use. He also said he's been meaning to update his Andy in general, and also add the bow intro against my Mai. So, there you have it.
Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:03:50 pm by DivineWolf
#68  August 24, 2012, 11:28:02 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
A couple of things I've noticed from the screens:

Her lvl 3 super portrait isn't centered. So when it zooms in/fades away, it will appear to be moving forward/right instead of coming straight at the screen.

The dust effects in the last screenshot need transparency.
Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:48:17 pm by Koldskool

DW

#69  August 24, 2012, 11:33:37 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
A couple of things I've noticed from the screens:

Her lvl 3 super portrait isn't centered. So when it zooms in/ fades away, it will appear to be moving forward/right instead of coming straight at the screen.

The dust effects in the last screenshot need transparency.

- Yeah, I kinda thought the super pic was a little off as well. IDK though. I'll ask JMan about it.

- No, those dust FX are from the screenpack from the opponent sliding when hit. That's not coming from her.
#70  August 24, 2012, 11:46:28 pm
    • USA
#71  August 24, 2012, 11:46:55 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA

DW

#72  August 24, 2012, 11:56:29 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#73  August 25, 2012, 03:48:35 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Be sure to make sure her crouching normals don't make her slide if she does them out of her run, KFM's currently do. Beyond that, seems good nuff.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#74  August 25, 2012, 05:15:24 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling

DW

#75  August 29, 2012, 06:06:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Be sure to make sure her crouching normals don't make her slide if she does them out of her run, KFM's currently do. Beyond that, seems good nuff.

That's actually a mistake I made in all my chars... Thanks for pointing that out. I've since updated all my chars to rectify this. Along with adding Messatsu's char trait indentifiers to all my chars. Although...I was told a lot of chars use this trait system... However, out of all the chars I have(about 100+), only like 4 or 5 of them have these anims in their AIR... And those chars are PotS' early chars, like Ryu, Dan, Karin, etc... Which lead me to believe that adding those anims was definitely superfluous... >_>

Nevertheless, it's been done already and it wasn't a big deal. I've also updated all my chars based on the abusivesiveness of MAX Power mode. Some damage reduction in Posion's supers, along with following up after High Heel Pounce is slightly more strict due to increased yaccel for the opponent when falling. EX moves MAX mode drainage has been doubled, from 250 ticks drain, to 500 ticks drain. MAX Mode lasts for 1000 ticks, roughing 10-15 in game seconds. Some juggle points were reconfigured to reduce extreme combos. So on and so forth. You'll see once they've been uploaded.

Now I'm just waiting for Goodaldo to make a better small pic for KFG. I'll add it, then I'll release her along with the others updated versions as well. I've decided not to add the custom super to KFG for now, because I want to take a break from MUGEN for awhile. Well, as far as me coding chars goes. I rarely actually play MUGEN now due to all the coding I'm doing. I'm just testing chars constantly. It's honestly been like a month or so since I've played MUGEN just for the fun of it, rather then having to test something. I was going to hold off on releasing KFG until I added the custom super, but I felt that kinda of selfish. Since she is fully playable currently.
Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:12:41 pm by DivineWolf
#76  August 29, 2012, 06:44:17 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
So, will Kung Fu Ranbu be added in a later update or something? I know I'll have to wait for quite a while till that happens, but I just want to be sure about that. I'm certainly looking forward to your updates. I'll see if I can give some feedback when the time comes.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#77  August 29, 2012, 07:45:26 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Odds are yes, I will add it later on. The updates are nothing too major, just adding more balance overall. You'll find now though that some juggles that were once possible, won't be anymore. This was intended on their updates to prevent extreme damage. There's no heavy loss to their combo-ability and what not. Just some juggle reconfiguration, slight damage reduction, and increase EX moves MAX Mode drainage. I'll go over what was done specifically with each char when the updates and all have been uploaded at TM.
#78  August 29, 2012, 07:59:08 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Yeah, I've noticed that your updates are more system updates than anything else. I await your next update with bated breath.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#79  August 30, 2012, 12:47:24 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#80  August 30, 2012, 05:01:15 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Double post because is relevant:

Did two versions. One using the color of the hair for the mouth and another using the color of one of the many effects this char has for the mouth. I´m quite picky with that stuff so dunno, you choose.

Enjoy!

Chilling