YesNoOk

KOF NESTS Conclusion (Read 118652 times)

Started by -Red-, June 14, 2009, 06:36:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF NESTS Conclusion
#21  August 19, 2009, 12:52:02 am
  • Complicated.cns
    • Argentina
Bah I forgot about this:

Now lifebars are PIXEL PERFECT on each side, something somehow impossible under normal coding of hires lifebars.

Combo counter coded, works great and all  8)

the bar below is the combo dampener level in real time  :D, the lower the bar the lesser the damage.

the numbers on the counter react depending of the number next to it so the position differs if the number next to is bigger like "9" or a slim number like "1".

what's next? OMG dunno  >:(

GT

#22  August 19, 2009, 01:14:11 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
What the fuck do you think you're doing Navi? This isn't Melty Blood. Take that shit off.

LOL J/K

Anyways, are combo fonts are character coded? Holy shit.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#23  August 21, 2009, 05:43:02 am
  • GITF (we the best)
    • ghostintheflesh.all-forum.net/
 :o like what i see
#24  August 21, 2009, 06:20:21 pm
    • Argentina
    • furiadivina.ga
wtf is 'pixelperfect' ?
#25  August 21, 2009, 06:52:51 pm
  • SNK is life
Formulas that round up/down values to generate or substract a pixel line from a diagonal bar.
#26  August 21, 2009, 10:27:45 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
cant wait for this red
#27  August 21, 2009, 11:44:21 pm
  • Complicated.cns
    • Argentina
Formulas that round up/down values to generate or substract a pixel line from a diagonal bar.

Bah, that wasn't the idea of pixel perfect on this one, the mean I gave to that phrase was "distance between graphics and the closest edge are the same"

What the fuck do you think you're doing Navi? This isn't Melty Blood. Take that shit off.

LOL J/K

Anyways, are combo fonts are character coded? Holy shit.

That's not from melty blood :P, and yes, char coded (Still both chars on a team share the dampener bar and combo count).

NEWS:

- Added a WINS animation and changed the transparency effects of most of the stuff (Now that I know how to handle the Alpha correctly), also added numbers for the win counter after 4 icons.

- Difference between player 1 and 2 on a normal match, the YOU WIN and YOU LOSE animations are still there but only when VS CPU.

- training menu name changed:

- Added wall bounce effect:

- Didi lots of tweakings to the system to same more memory (LOTS OF STUFF).

next stuff? The rest of the system effects like the dust when falling and whatnot.

EDIT: Concept of trainin menu (Only session section, not dummy settings)

Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:50:53 pm by Rednavi
#28  August 22, 2009, 12:17:31 am
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/

This is the space KOF NC is worth: quite alot. Good work man.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#29  August 22, 2009, 12:18:52 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
looks excellent,just curious though i highly doubt it but will there be a guide on how to code characters with this system or i s this just exclusive to the full game?
#30  August 22, 2009, 06:28:09 am
    • Argentina
    • furiadivina.ga
looks awesome, except for one thing:
the colors, as i said before  :-*
i think there are some graphic designers here in the forum-a, you can't loose anything asking for an opinion
#31  August 22, 2009, 03:10:42 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
or for the button-layout stuuf, just in case my friend isn't available
            Zorf Giudecca
#32  August 22, 2009, 04:00:47 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The word "Winner" is almost unreadable because of the font. Everything looks cool though. :)
#33  August 23, 2009, 01:37:08 am
  • Complicated.cns
    • Argentina
looks excellent,just curious though i highly doubt it but will there be a guide on how to code characters with this system or i s this just exclusive to the full game?

Exclusive for the fullgame, but what's so needed from this game to be explained how to code? Besides the whole stuff I explained on my fullgame XBOX-HUEG guide the rest may just be general coding or just stuff the rest of the people wont need to know how to code somewhere else.

looks awesome, except for one thing:
the colors, as i said before  :-*
i think there are some graphic designers here in the forum-a, you can't loose anything asking for an opinion

There's a problem, Most of the time I decide to post something here (Either a W.I.P. or a release) I usually only get feedback from: n00bs who says OMG AWESOME!, common users who may say good or bad, Wild Tengu bitching about everything and maybe Jango or Jesuszilla saying "Too bright" (And it's true :P). I barelly get any useful feedback nowadays (Like from Drex or Cybaster just to name a few) maybe because I'm not famous enough or something >_>. If someone wanna help Im more than OK with that, I'm currently trying to get a better gradient design on the gauges.

or for the button-layout stuuf, just in case my friend isn't available

If someone offers his help to me here then...

The word "Winner" is almost unreadable because of the font. Everything looks cool though. :)

you only mean on the "WINNER P1" right? Yes, I will try to tweak that.

UPDATES:

Last version of system:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah3a405/n/KOF_N_C_Description_txt

lots of changes again (Like total remove of any kind of double jump after heat pursuit or guard gauge and stun variables data).

from the readme:

- Damage and defence;
As explained in the combo system, the damage suffers from a really high scaling once the moves are used on a combo string but the damage scaling also depends of the move itself as each move has a scaling value which means certain moves will reduce the damage of the next move more than others. Also the life the enemy has affects the damage delivered to him aswell. Each character has a defence value and it's value varies depending of it's life (So some characters get more defense while having low life while others actually have less defense in the same situation).

There's a system implemented on this game, the bonus damage feature, this works this way: When you fill up a level on your power bar you will see an effect on your character for a brief moment, that means you will deal 125% of damage on your attacks for one second, after that second is over you return to normal damage. This can happen up to 3 times until you fill the power bar (One time per level of course) but if you are on a superior level and then use a move that spends the powerbar you won't get the bonus for the previous level fill because in order to get the bonus you must increase the bar up to that level, not decrease it (So you can't get bonus damage from LV.1 if you weren't on LV.0 first). You can get those bonus damages as much as you want as long as you decrease the level of the power bar first.

Another part of the bonus damage is when you fill your power bar to the maximum, once you do that you will get the usual level fill bonus but after that second has passed you will get a permanent bonus of 120% of damage as long as you keep your power bar on LV.3.

The damage you deal will increase by 120% on a counter attack (Equation is: (DAMAGE * DAMPENER) * BONUS DAMAGE * COUNTER DAMAGE).

These are the beta effects (The spark in the center is LOW RES damnit!)

last for a few ticks so dont complain about it :P

EDIT: I forgot to say something, the color filters are now OK, I handled the ALPHA so they wont saturate the screen at all, gonna post examples later.
Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:42:07 am by Rednavi
#34  August 23, 2009, 04:22:27 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Can you create a score system?
#35  August 23, 2009, 05:22:32 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
what do u mean about Pixel Perfect ? im really curious about it ...  :sugoi:  all the eye candy looks awesome .. a lot of custom stuff .. but all those explods , helpers and stuff ... wont they lag the game ? ... just saying ...
#36  August 23, 2009, 05:24:44 pm
    • baragon.webs.com/
what do u mean about Pixel Perfect ? im really curious about it ...  :sugoi:  all the eye candy looks awesome .. a lot of custom stuff .. but all those explods , helpers and stuff ... wont they lag the game ? ... just saying ...

Lag is relative to your own personal computer.

I've never had lag once on mugen since I got a new one.

#37  August 23, 2009, 09:53:03 pm
  • WIP: SF4 CE
And I like that instead of Draw, it reads Dralli. Very original. ;D

But don't drop Pasta over this!

#38  August 24, 2009, 10:16:16 pm
  • SNK is life
LLI11717ER 1°1
#39  August 24, 2009, 10:36:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
LOL
#40  August 26, 2009, 12:57:09 am
  • Complicated.cns
    • Argentina
Updated the Power up fx, also the power up lasts for 100 ticks now (one second is to low)

went on a coding spree yesterday and coded ALL the special moves from scratch again just to make them faithful to the game: