YesNoOk

Special Move Only Working On Laptop, Not Desktop??? (Read 635 times)

Started by All-Star Platinum, May 11, 2019, 02:30:12 am
Share this topic:
Special Move Only Working On Laptop, Not Desktop???
#1  May 11, 2019, 02:30:12 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Tbh I am unsure if this belongs in developmental or configuration help but, for the love of all that is holy I have never encountered an issue like this.

So,
I have coded special move coded which can be used during crouching, standing animation, and while in the air.
When I first created the move all three inputs worked without any issues, however somewhere down the line the crouching capability was lost.
Here lies the overall problem.
I decided to test my character on my laptop (completely separate from desktop pc) and the crouching version of the move works no problem.

Is this an issue with mugen, the pc, or the character itself?

btw: I have the most updated version of 1.0 on both computers, yet the move is only recognized while using my laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-A.S.P
Re: Special Move Only Working On Laptop, Not Desktop???
#2  May 11, 2019, 06:07:14 am
its your keyboard
#3  May 14, 2019, 11:01:00 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
One way you can test the keyboard is to hold one key down, press a 2nd key and see if it attacks. (Obviously you want to wait for the 1st basic attack to end)
If both attacks work, hold both of them down and press a 3rd button. Try to test all the combinations you can think of. You'll probably see once you hit 3 keys being pressed they wont work. Some may, but most wont.

You can buy a new keyboard for the desktop, or edit the moves so they have easier commands to input.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  May 14, 2019, 12:05:14 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Or edit the keys in MUGEN, I know that my keyboard can't read some combinations (for say... 3 buttons) but can read others. I kept changing what keys to use until I find a combination that worked.
#5  May 17, 2019, 04:51:44 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
All replies do help in some way, it's not a major issue so I'll try to fix it but if it doesn't correct itself no biggie.

Thanks.
#6  May 17, 2019, 05:36:31 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org