YesNoOk

WARNING.Stage collection including photos of corpses electroHR(evival) project (Read 27947 times)

Started by electrocaid, February 26, 2015, 10:19:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: WARNING.Stage collection including photos of corpses electroHR(evival) project
#81  February 28, 2015, 10:19:53 pm
well dude you're supposed to be rational and responsible and other shit, keep your political views away from your hobbys.
political views =/= fun
hobby = fun
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:22:54 pm by supervegeta
Re: WARNING.Stage collection including photos of corpses electroHR(evival) project
#82  February 28, 2015, 10:21:32 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
you're acting like he's a nazi sympathizer or something.

he's not. he's just being stupid.
#83  February 28, 2015, 10:22:38 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I don't know what to say about this, but... ugh.

Titlin is right, this is not even about stages anymore.

Shit
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:56:09 pm by MotorRoach
#84  February 28, 2015, 10:25:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
HEY. No.

There are plenty of other ways to tell him he's being an idiot than dragging his family into this. I don't give a fuck if he's the one to bring it up, that's a low blow.
#85  February 28, 2015, 10:30:21 pm
you're acting like he's a nazi sympathizer or something.

he's not. he's just being stupid.
i get what he wants to show, that "humans are evil" and your regular conspiracy theorist stuff:
so, what they think to be a subluminal message or social experiment is oriented...

see how they modify the topic's title

sorry to disappoint you but i'm not the guy that you think...

WWII took me one grandfather & two uncles

but i've never heard that it was a taboo subject

either you tell me that we're in a U.S. plane & i'm talking about a bomb -> ok, i shut up
or you tell me that we aren't & you explain why some part of space/time/history should be purely & simply hidden
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#86  February 28, 2015, 10:32:10 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
i'm maybe an idiot but i don't feel alone
#87  February 28, 2015, 11:10:25 pm
I can't believe that this clown posted an excerpt from the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Well, I mean, I believe it because every jerk tries to distort that and hide behind it, but you know what I mean.

Yes, Electrocaid, you have freedom of expression and freedom of conscience. It's true! With certain necessary exceptions - like Holocaust denial, as you've pointed out - the state cannot prevent you from exercising those fundamental freedoms. The state. That is, the government. Mugenguild and the members of this message board are not the government. They are private individuals. You have no legal protection from them.

Freedom of expression does not mean that Mugenguild members cannot criticize you or insult you for what . In fact, they have freedom of expression too. The government can't stop them from doing so. If the mods want to change your thread title to benefit other members, they're totally allowed to do that. Hell, they can ban you for this. That's within their rights too.

"Freedom of expression" does not mean "freedom from consequence".
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:13:44 pm by Thammy
#88  March 01, 2015, 12:29:43 am
  • Mugen museum creator
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
I can't believe that this clown posted an excerpt from the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Well, I mean, I believe it because every jerk tries to distort that and hide behind it, but you know what I mean.

taken from "Question for a champion"

- that i'm a lawyer but it's not a secret, unpolite dude
- that you think that you're above the rules?  :laugh:
- that moral is above rules??

you are, you are...?

NOT CHARLIE!!!

Yes, Electrocaid, you have freedom of expression and freedom of conscience. It's true! With certain necessary exceptions - like Holocaust denial, as you've pointed out - the state cannot prevent you from exercising those fundamental freedoms. The state. That is, the government. Mugenguild and the members of this message board are not the government. They are private individuals. You have no legal protection from them.

yes, the Convention can be used against the states that signed it

do you try to tell me that:
- private indiviuals are entitled to commit crimes like moral harassment here?
- the owners & admins of this forum wouldn't be liable for the crimes that could be committed here?
- you're pushing members to commit crimes?

Freedom of expression does not mean that Mugenguild members cannot criticize you or insult you

criticize, absolutely, thought i don't think this is directly mugen-related... whatever
insult, AFAIK, this place has rules about this

why? because without them, & with guys like you, living together would be impossible  :yes:

be happy: that's maybe why i can't write more about you

If the mods want to change your thread title to benefit other members, they're totally allowed to do that. Hell, they can ban you for this. That's within their rights too.

having the moderation abilities doesn't legitimate any action...
don't intentionally confuse the power of with the right to

you surely had a sad childhood...
be courageous hidden boy
#89  March 01, 2015, 12:35:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Wow I did NOT see that coming from OP.

Here's some feedback purely from a technical standpoint: Cybaster's Stage Tool was NOT intended to make static, single layer stages. It's supposed to be a starting point to help with getting as many colors in as possible for stages that have complex palettes, and then building off that. For example, when I made a Melty Blood Act Cadenza stage, I used it for the bottom-most layer but then added in the animated elements myself.

Also, some of these don't even make sense. The stage with the Allies has soldiers in the background standing like GIANTS compared to Kung Fu Man. Did the fighters time travel to WWII and shrink themselves to avoid being seen? And don't get me started on that Dalai Lama quotation image (are they floating in front of the Dalai Lama? That would drive me crazy to be trying to get through a hard day but having to watch Goku and Tery Bogard fighting in mid-air right in front of me all day).

Now for the not feedback: These are ridiculously tasteless. Like this is worse than when PETA did the "Holocaust on Your Plate" ad campaign (at least they were trying to convey a message). While I won't argue for getting the links pulled, I have to question your motives, and why you would get defensive if people were calling you out on it. Do you think these are funny? I hope you aren't expecting the majority of users here to share your viewpoint. Do you think these look good? You shouldn't be surprised if people find these lazy at the very least. Were you trying to get attention? Congrats, you got it, don't complain that it's not the kind of attention you want.
#90  March 01, 2015, 12:41:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Electrocaid, your further replies should be directed toward your project. Quit making these long weird posts like you are making to fight censorship or whatever you think you're fighting for (against?). If you continue to stir up people with your replies your thread may be removed or you may be put in a time out. If someone says something you dislike report the post (without being weird about it)

This goes to every one else. Leave the feedback to the actual stages themselves.Not political or religious posts. This is a release thread and the thread is aptly titled with warnings now.

lui

#91  March 01, 2015, 12:48:16 am
    • USA
feedback for the stages: basically what jango said, plus you really need to find some better quality in some of the stages.

feedback for you: man, just shut up. this isn't a preaching thread, this isn't a "why you all need to see my point of view comes first" thread, this is a stage thread for MUGEN, and you just posted some of the worst excuses on why to include death-centric stages in there. ugh. you're acting like a child that's complaining nobody gets his views and everyone is wrong. stop. this is a MUGEN forum.

Yes, you do have the right to say whatever you want, but you get mad whenever we share our critcisms with this? geez, you sound like those "+1 nice char" guys that get pissed when we give legit critcism. stop trying to preach. you're just being an idiot now.
#92  March 01, 2015, 12:49:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
-_- STOP
I'll just start deleting posts next time.
#93  March 01, 2015, 09:25:59 am
  • Mugen museum creator
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Here's some feedback purely from a technical standpoint: Cybaster's Stage Tool was NOT intended to make static, single layer stages. It's supposed to be a starting point to help with getting as many colors in as possible for stages that have complex palettes, and then building off that. For example, when I made a Melty Blood Act Cadenza stage, I used it for the bottom-most layer but then added in the animated elements myself.
feedback for the stages: basically what jango said, plus you really need to find some better quality in some of the stages.

my limits are exactly the same than the ones of the tool

these are raw & opensource materials

short, you can also take this one-layer-bgs release as a bases-to-update release
#94  March 01, 2015, 01:00:22 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
No, the "raw and opensource" materials are the images that you probably pulled off of a google image search. Dragging two items and choosing your color separation method are things anyone can do, and to be fair, it's probably better for them to do it on their own to make sure it comes out right.

short, you can also take this one-layer-bgs release as a bases-to-update release
Are you seriously expecting people to use your holocaust stages as bases for MUGEN projects? I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to accept that you made stages in poor taste for god knows what reason, and trying to backpedal by saying that you're trying to help potential stage creators isn't going to fool anyone.
#95  March 01, 2015, 01:51:34 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
1. jigsaw method used for all: no colorloss, etc.
2. ppl will do what they want

& if i don't like something, i'll dl it - as any mugen data - for collecting purpose, but i won't use it...
Spoiler: see how it's easy (click to see content)
:thinking2:

#96  March 01, 2015, 02:14:09 pm
    • USA
This is fucking disgusting, I really mean it. I don't recall seeing such a horrible and tasteless stage for mugen in 7 years...

...I mean, was it THAT hard to add a floor sprite to the Dalai Lama stage???????? Shame on you!  >:(

lui

#97  March 01, 2015, 03:41:13 pm
    • USA
because adding stages with death in it is TOTALLY original.
#98  March 01, 2015, 11:19:04 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Ignoring the whole WWII controversy

From what I've heard, all of these stages are just still pictures. I know applying animation to stages can be at least a little hard, but even then, I feel that even few effects applied to it would make a lot of difference already. For a sample:

For this one in here, I feel it would be pretty fitting to apply a transparent mist animation around.

And this one could have the lights to work in a separate layer and have it to be a little animated.

I feel that it would make it easier to ignore that some of these are just still pictures when playing in these stages.

Shit