YesNoOk

Marvel VS Capcom 1 Arcade Sprite Editing? (Read 11040 times)

Started by Aeth-r, April 28, 2017, 02:44:09 am
Share this topic:
Marvel VS Capcom 1 Arcade Sprite Editing?
#1  April 28, 2017, 02:44:09 am
    • USA
Perhaps this is the wrong place to post, but I'm seeking any and all information pertaining to the modification of Marvel VS Capcom 1 Arcade sprites. All I've got so far is that the game store sprites as tiles, as to where those sprites are stored, I really don't know. I need to figure out how to extract the tiles/sprites and how to inject the tiles/sprites. I'm seeking to polish the game a little bit and maybe spice up a few of the "Bonus Characters'" (Lilith, Gold War Machine, Etc) appearances.

That being said...

Where are sprites contained in the Arcade ROM of this game?
What tools are necessary for extracting CPS2 sprites?
What steps must I take to re-insert the sprites?

Would it be possible to add additional palettes for different button presses instead of the standard 1P/2P colors based on any punch and any kick? I don't think it's possible, but perhaps someone has figured out a way via the other CPS2 games that have many palettes.

I know how to edit sprites-- I've tweaked KoF 2002 Arcade sprites. It's not a terribly difficult process, I really just need any information about actually accessing and replacing the sprites that exist.

Thanks!
Re: Marvel VS Capcom 1 Arcade Sprite Editing?
#2  May 02, 2017, 12:52:22 pm
All these sprites are impossible to find them and no one seem to have a spritesheet or something.

But you can find these secret characters in this database:
http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/start.html

There you can find them in the MVC selection and use Fighter Factory to see all the sprites of them.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger