Ippo Makunouchi (Read 10250 times)

Started by xdxdav, July 12, 2018, 06:08:58 pm
Share this topic:
Ippo Makunouchi
#1  July 12, 2018, 06:08:58 pm
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com
Here's my contribution to ippo from the anime "Hajime No Ippo"

code and gfx by me.  developed on WinMugen.  NO A.I.  at the moment.

staying quite true to the manga. so please dont be too disappointed if he does not have all those  grand super/ grand special,
people are used to getting in all the commercial games like sf, kof ...etc..

skills are : simple boxing techniques; jabs, hook, uppercut, liver , cross, straight...etc. sorry he also can't kick.
special skills are : tornado jolt, demsepy roll, gazelle punch. Ippo Barrage
"down +start" for skill chart.

enjoy.
ps. let me know of bugs n problem. and if you know some skills of ippo that i missed do let me know so i can make this char more complete.

thx

https://mega.nz/#!699jVCZR!7LnkWbtYnQCeR9bWh1pQLMiMV_GxNultoYIpuchzgDw
Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:40:07 am by xdxdav
Re: Ippo Makunouchi
#2  July 13, 2018, 01:47:59 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Man now that you mention it, I need to go back and read Hajime No Ippo where I left!
#3  July 13, 2018, 02:21:24 am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4  July 13, 2018, 03:11:28 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
  • Dempsey Roll lasts too long for what is essentially a dodge. 1-2 seconds of invincibility frames from a move you can cancel into anything else. He already has a dodge button but why bother using it when the alternative is just so much better.
  • The forward/backward versions of Dempsey Roll can cancel into each other indefinitely so you can be invincible the entire match.
  • They can also be used while in hitstun.
  • Considering he can chain basically everything into each other, he does a lot of damage for no effort.
  • That guard walk is really good too considering there's no limit to how much it can block. The only thing it doesn't block are lows from what I can tell.
    EDIT: Nevermind. It only protects against upper body attacks.
  • A frame of his back walk is missing clsns.
  • Self-explanatory.

Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:30:22 am by ArtistofLegacy
#5  July 13, 2018, 07:10:22 am
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com
    Thanx! for  spotting  all these things i missed. I'll look into it right away. :)
    when i was using him.. i didnt realised he was so powerful... i almost always get owned ... lol

• Dempsey Roll lasts too long for what is essentially a dodge. 1-2 seconds of invincibility frames from a move you can cancel into anything else. He already has a dodge button but why bother using it when the alternative is just so much better.
<----I was trying to be closed to the manga..... the dodge was more like sidestep whereas the Dempsey Roll was suppose to be a set up for his special and at the same time difficult to hit like in the manga becasue he's swivelling around...... but you do have a point.  If i don't fixed his Dempsey roll, the dodge(sidestep) becomes pointless.
<--FIXED  Dempsey Rolls are now only good for upper body evasion. work only against S,NA,NT,NP now.
Dodge works on hi and lo, to be more compatible with generic mugen chars.

• The forward/backward versions of Dempsey Roll can cancel into each other indefinitely so you can be invincible the entire match.
<---  FIXED, standing can chain into either forward or backward... but not vice versa and forward and backward are not chain-able.

• They can also be used while in hitstun.
<--- true true ... shouldn't allow this... -FIXED

• Considering he can chain basically everything into each other, he does a lot of damage for no effort.
<--- true. all i have to do for this is to fixed the dempsey roll. :)

• That guard walk is really good too considering there's no limit to how much it can block. The only thing it doesn't block are lows from what I can tell.
    EDIT: Nevermind. It only protects against upper body attacks.

<--this was as intended....but you did point out that it can block unlimited no. of upper body blows so... i probably need to do something about this without allowing him to be OP.

• A frame of his back walk is missing clsns.

[/list]
-FIXED
Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:49:01 am by xdxdav
#6  July 13, 2018, 11:00:26 pm
    • Belgium
    • kfr@jabber.fr
Yeahhhh Ippo !!!!!!!

Finalyyyyyyyyy
#7  July 14, 2018, 09:01:53 pm
    • Belgium
    • kfr@jabber.fr
Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:08:28 pm by kfrteam
#8  July 15, 2018, 12:34:31 pm
There's no way he ripped the sprites from that.
First, it's not a commercial fighting game, it was Xande Toskomics's project of an Hajime no Ippo mugen game.
Second, the sprites are not out, neither are the characters and they'll never be.
New #9  July 15, 2018, 09:24:05 pm
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com
It's possible to add special like  dempsey Roll liver blow and gazelle punch ?

Did you rip the sprite from this ippo ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VURi0p27C_4

So, could you rip it in HD ?

Dempsey Roll liver punch is actually in the character already just do a dempsey roll and press either x or y.
 gazelle punch is there too, its a shoryuken execcution..
. .... press start+down to see the skill list. its there.

didn't rip it from there.. they are mostly pixel painted by me. i used the game:  Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting, as a reference to pixel paint. was hard because that game is a POV game. not side scrolling or mugen styled.

images is not in HD as in 4times bigger(2X2), but it is 1.3by 1.3 times bigger than the normal lo res... thats why it was scaled downed in the CNS.  it is a 0.6HD resolution.lol
Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:31:52 pm by xdxdav