YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1904038 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#3001  April 20, 2018, 02:56:50 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I have nothing more to say about it.  I'll just go back to adding more skellingtons.
#3002  April 20, 2018, 04:35:35 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#3003  April 20, 2018, 06:41:35 pm
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
Perhaps I did word my desire to share my work the wrong way.

But y'know what?  Screw it.  I'm just gonna go ahead and post it right here and right now, so this matter can finally be put to rest.

So here it is:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I apologize for all the trouble I've caused.

my fucking sides hurt now... really made my afternoon
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#3004  April 20, 2018, 08:09:28 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Noice trolling.
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#3005  April 21, 2018, 01:29:31 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Could someone please explain to me how did we conceive a Hello Kitty anime that's part Bojack Horseman, The Office and Metalocalypse?
Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:35:08 am by Long John Killer
#3006  April 21, 2018, 02:00:32 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Pick one:
1. Japan
2. Drugs
3. Japan on drugs
#3007  April 23, 2018, 01:50:10 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I don't care I want it
#3008  April 23, 2018, 02:08:22 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It's actually pretty decent shorts, it's been around for a bit now.
#3009  April 24, 2018, 11:55:55 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I no longer like bleeps in songs, they completely drown out the music.  Whereas if the vocals were just briefly muted, you can at least still listen to the instrumentals.

That said, I don't suppose there's a version of that one song Omega Tiger Woods uses where the offending word is muted instead of bleeped.  ...is there?
#3010  April 30, 2018, 07:05:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The way people are reacting to the infinity war movie and how they want a sequel ... I can relate because it's the way I felt after watching the new godzilla movie.
#3011  May 03, 2018, 12:33:26 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

I wish the American entertainment industry took literally anything as seriously as Japan takes ramen.
#3012  May 03, 2018, 01:20:02 am
Have you heard of monster trucks
Also if anyone is wondering, the song is "immediately tasty, so very tasty".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3013  May 03, 2018, 04:28:57 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I thought Alice's stage in Asura Buster was the Haunted Castle because haunted = spoop, but it's actually Goat's stage.  Her actual stage is the Deep Woods one that's all fairy-like with not a single skeleton in sight, just this stupid tree looking at me and it doesn't even look cool like the trees in Mortal Kombat 2.

I wonder if it's also Blade Alice's stage in Asura Blade.  I've never actually played Blade, only Buster.

Edit: I was reading up on discussion that I missed out on and came across this:
where does it say they need to know about how a character should work to make the character they want. the only thing binding them in theory are the sprites. other than that they are free to do whatever they see fit.

I didn't want to necrobump that topic so I'll instead do my rant here.  It's actually been many years ago since I last played Asura Buster, and even while doing my conversion I still haven't bothered to play it today; yet I still made a character from it for MUGEN anyway.  But it's okay because she plays nothing like in her original game (that version already exists thanks to cafe), instead she has a very (and I mean *very*) custom MvC3 gameplay style which I'm very familiar with from having played UMvC3 recently.  And despite all the custom additions, I don't think I've derailed her character too much... well, what little I know of her anyway; I don't know her story, I don't know her ending, I don't even know what her relationship with Blade Alice is or if there's even any relation between the two of them.  But I digress; like I said, I don't think I derailed her too much.  She's still recognizably Alice... whatever her last name is if any, she's just gone from commanding one skeleton to somehow commanding 7000 skeletons.

The whole point I'm trying to make is this: I wanted an Alice that played like I wanted her to, and thus I made her that way.  If my style's not to your liking, that's fine; her existence doesn't somehow invalidate or delete any other versions of her that other people have made, and you're free to try those instead.

...boy, it sure seems like I'm defending myself from criticism that I actually haven't gotten.  And I guess I am; I must confess, the lack of feedback (good or bad) is starting to worry me.  It could be that all the discussion about "this character doesn't play like in the original game" that I was fearing she would get was already all exhausted on Infinite's Dr. Doom a few years ago so no one wanted to retread it.  It could also be that I'm just an old fossil that has long lost any relevance so any creations I make now will only be met with "eh, she's okay".  Or it could be something else entirely, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for listening to an old man rant.
Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:53:21 am by Baby Bonnie Hood
#3014  May 08, 2018, 11:13:06 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#3015  May 09, 2018, 12:43:12 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Its good that for once people are using their obsession with Trump in a creative manner.
Lasagna
Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:47:16 pm by -Ash-
#3016  May 10, 2018, 10:05:51 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
In the interest of learning more about the character I just worked on, I scoured the internet for any info regarding the Asura fighting games.  It's possible that I just didn't dig through all the moonrunes deep enough, but all I could gather is this: Alice is just some necromancer girl who, after 108 attempts, finally summons one single skeleton.  And with that, she sets out to... do a thing; I'm sure the in-game dialogue and her ending detail what said thing is, but none of it's in English.  I got nothing for Blade Alice but stuff about how she looks and plays far better than Buster Alice, and how to play as her in Asura Buster I guess.

Do translations or transcripts or even just screenshots of Asura Buster's endings exist anywhere?
#3017  May 12, 2018, 01:17:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Gravity's a bummer sometimes.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3018  May 12, 2018, 02:08:44 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
#3019  May 12, 2018, 03:15:09 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I am laughing and crying at that, because i'm waiting for those sweet Blade Strangers rips.
#3020  May 13, 2018, 02:43:12 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
First time watching Eurovision and kinda disappointed, was expecting more quality.

Also, how in the hell that atrocious song won!??
Lasagna