YesNoOk

Middle school student commits suicide at school (Read 12961 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, September 18, 2014, 06:31:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Middle school student commits suicide at school
#61  September 21, 2014, 12:11:49 am
I don't think depression is caused by fear. If it was, then depressed people would be too scared to commit suicide.
All of it is fear.

Fear is the base. Which creates sadness. After that comes anger.
It usually works the the other way though. First something pisses you off, and if you can't do anything about, with no foreseeable turnaround, eventually you become sad. It's all based on a fear of loss.   

Depression falls somewhere within sadness and anger. It comes from a sense of helplessness and hopelessness and it's classically considered "anger turned inwards". Once you realize and accept that there's nothing externally you can do to make a situation better, you start you put blame on yourself whether you realize it or not. You become your enemy and the ultimate result is complete self destruction.

Depression is not always a chemical imbalance.
Most depression is habitually developed. 

-------------
Also regarding the cold cold hand of reality. Bullying, depression, suicide, it all sucks but we don't have a life cycle or behavior patterns (we don't stop when we get enough) that promotes health within the species...so these ugly fail-safes are in place

And I don't think the words "strong" and "weak" apply here.
Depression is a change in perspective. Before the depression becomes overwhelming, depressed people probably use lots more strength and fortitude than most people. (even if you can't see it)
Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:33:09 am by Nucka
#62  September 21, 2014, 12:34:57 am
  • You PC bro?
Fuckin hell. I hate how school is nowadays. Bullying, teasing and mockery run rampant in schools nowadays. I honestly feel like bullying is a natural part of life. It's like cockroaches: it'll never go away. It's impossible to get rid of. I used to bully and I used to be bullied. Times have changed though. Bullying isn't just all name calling and pushing and shoving. Something new has come along: mockery and fakeness. People will make fun of you because you can do something cool, or are doing something they can't. I currently sell candy at my school. Some people respect me for that because it rakes in lots of dough, and others claim it's a joke. Even when they see I'm making a good amount of cash, they still feel the need to pick on me. In dance class I showed people some break dance moves, and now they keep pestering me saying "drop some moves right here right now wil" and I know for a fact they're fucking mocking me. It pisses me the fuck off. I'm probably not explaining this right but they're mocking me because I can do cool shit they can't. People will act like they're cool with you, but they will turn around and talk shit. I always try to be a good person around people, but they take my niceness for granted. So lately, I've been walking around school halls looking like a tough badass and my hands clenched into fists instead of a happy go lucky candy salesman. I'm adapting. You've gotta make yourself look tough from day one and make it look like you'll beat someone's ass if they even look dead into your eyes. Bullying has evolved. It's become something that will never go away. Racism, sexism and everything else like those is a form of bullying as well. Bullying is here to stay. It's impossible to get rid of no matter how hard we try. Just my two cents hehe.
Depression though, I feel depressed a lot of the times. But I try to put on a happy attitude, but deep down I feel sadder than a notherfucker. School depresses the fuck outta people because you don't want any problems, but people will judge, make fun of, "roast" you, it's horrible. It's risky to fight too because you'll be fined a large sum of money, not just get suspended. People go to the bathrooms to fight. Recently, girls have been killing themselves too because their nudes get leaked on social media websites. I swear, nowadays things are ridiculous. School is even worse.
Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:39:10 am by Suave 6-year old
#63  September 21, 2014, 12:47:19 am
Don't overthink it, just be someone with self-respect (I know, easier said than done with peer pressure and shit). Easier to stop people from turning you into something you feel you have to be when you have a solid identity and values you won't budge from.

I currently sell candy at my school.

Oh damn I remember when I did that. Used to do that on the subway too, that hustle.
I swear, look at myself sometimes and how I speak and tell myself, "Did I really grow up in the Bronx for 18 years?"
#64  September 21, 2014, 02:01:37 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I was bullied a lot when I was younger. Middle school in particular was where I had it so bad I hardly wanted to go to school. When I tired to stand up to myself the one time I got fucking chocked by a guy and had to change class. He got off with a single meeting with the principal.

Bullying is pretty fucking toxic and yes we should actually take harsher and more direct action against it. This shit should not happen.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#65  September 28, 2014, 05:59:31 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Here is the thing Bullies enjoy to fuck everyone who they find weak and and A pleasure is like awesome for that guy. Technically people at my academic time who bullied me because the way I talked and I used to hate that. They enjoyed as if their balls went normal from numbness that bothered them by glaring at me and by making fun of me........ gradually things changed for me.
But Bullying cause weak to weaker than ever and situation gets worse that the poor child had to waste himself to relieve from that Bullies are a group of assholes who think its awesome  to torture weak enough to mental satisfaction and I know why some do it but please.... I was in college and I saw re-enactment of some college i forgot in where a group of children called a bully and shot him then all got jailed.
Bullying cant end because......
This shit is evolving further and things like this happens 
Bullying is pretty fucking toxic and yes we should actually take harsher and more direct action against it.
You see this is not so easy because a lot of campaigns started and yet  this is not effective as the Yet the bullies are continuing to torture the weak this effect their minds deeply that this is happening now.
I saw people in their worst conditions due to bullying this really fucks me up to see that a child dies due to it.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#66  September 28, 2014, 06:33:44 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Wow,

I am reading a lot of the stories that some have posted and just wow....I guess you never know what all some have went thru in their daily lives.

I'm here to tell you something that will always give you some hope and something to smile at every time you do get bullied.

See the main ones doing it, when you get out of school, please note that most of them are not going to amount to much. While you on the other hand will. And It's because you know how it feels to be an outcast, and mostly all underdogs always rise from the ashes. This is what makes you stronger and what also motivates you to become better, and rise above it all.

When time passes, one by one you will see the same ones who bullied you and they will slowly try to become your friend as their "Audience" of people they used to hang with or whatever is no longer there. Or they will come to respect you once it hits them that your now doing a lot better than they are while also noticing to themselves that they can no longer live up to whatever image it is that they once had. This is because they still struggle to do so, but we all know its hard to do such a thing if you no longer have that hold over that person or their old "Audience" to follow them around and laugh at their jokes.

Bullies doing the bullying can also quickly become the one getting bullied as well. One day they can be the most popular, then next, the lamest person in sight...It all depends on how things come about.

But in any case, just no no matter what you go thru, as an underdog, you don't have to worry about upholding an image, as people will only expect what they used to know about you, which is something that might be at a lower standard or something that they never would have expected from you. But when time passes, you will come to gain more knowledge, you will grow, and you will rise above it all to the point where you are no longer the same person. Your better, and see that is where you will succeed because the ones who thought less of you, they are the ones who will be in for a big surprise. A Surprise that will blow them away...

As for the bullies or popular ones or etc... They have an image to uphold or (rep), that they constantly are worried about and if they don't live up to it... well, then they will get a dose of what its like to be on the bad receiving end.

I say all of this because I for one know first hand all of what I have spoken. I just really wish that someone knew about the young man's bullying, and that someone could have said some what of the things I stated to him, to give him hope. And also so action could have been taken.
Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:02:31 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#67  September 28, 2014, 06:40:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow,

I am reading a lot of the stories that some have posted and just wow....I guess you never know what all some have went thru in their daily lives.

I'm here to tell you something that will always give you some hope and something smile at every time you do get bullied.

See the main ones doing it, when you get out of school, please note that most of them are not going to amount to much. While you on the other hand will. And It's because you know it feels to be an outcast, and mostly all underdogs always rise from the ashes. This is what makes you stronger and what also motivates you to become better, and rise above it all.

When time passes, one by one you will see the same ones who bullied you and they will slowly try to become your friend as their "Audience" of people they used to hang with or whatever is no longer there. Or they will come to respect you once it hits them that your now doing a lot better than they are while also noticing to themselves that they can no longer live up to whatever image it is that they once had. This is because they still struggle to do so, but we all know its hard to do such a thing if you no longer have that hold over that person or their old "Audience" to follow them around and laugh at their jokes.

Bullies doing the bullying can also quickly become the one getting bullied as well. One day they can be the most popular, then next, the lamest person in sight...It all depends on how things come about.

But in any case, just no no matter what you go thru, as an underdog, you don't have to worry about upholding an image, as people will only expect what they used to know about you, which is something that might be at a lower standard or something that they never would have expected from you. But when time passes, you will come to gain more knowledge, you will grow, and you will rise above it all to the point where you are no longer the same person. Your better, and see that is where you will succeed because the ones who thought less of you, they are the ones who will be in for a big surprise. A Surprise that will blow them away...

As for the bullies or popular ones or etc... They have an image to uphold or (rep), that they constantly are worried about it and if they don't live up to it... well, then they will get a dose of what its like to be on the bad receiving end.

I say all of this because I for one know first hand all of what I have spoken. I just really wish that someone knew about the young man's bullying, and that someone could have said some what of the things I stated to him, to give him hope. And also so action could have been taken.

Nicely put, H@le. Couldn't agree more.
This is a generic forum signature.
#68  September 28, 2014, 08:49:02 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Great one
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#69  September 28, 2014, 09:08:47 pm
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
Wow,

I'm here to tell you something that will always give you some hope and something to smile at every time you do get bullied.

See the main ones doing it, when you get out of school, please note that most of them are not going to amount to much. While you on the other hand will. And It's because you know how it feels to be an outcast, and mostly all underdogs always rise from the ashes. This is what makes you stronger and what also motivates you to become better, and rise above it all.

As for the bullies or popular ones or etc... They have an image to uphold or (rep), that they constantly are worried about and if they don't live up to it... well, then they will get a dose of what its like to be on the bad receiving end.

you are a man of true intellect
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#70  September 29, 2014, 02:48:29 pm
Actually...
Back in high middle school, there was this guy and his friends who were bullying pretty much everyone in the entire school. I met him again about 7 years later, only two years after my last college degree, and he had a daughter at least 3 to 4 years old, and was a construction worker.
He was nice to me, polite and everything. And poor as fuck.

The bullies you're talking about are the ones who actually have a way to get in good places. Those whose dad has money, or the sports jock who got in a good college because money. Everyone else, those from a mid to poor family, those who hang around in streets and in bars and spray paint on walls, they end up with child support at a shit job --- because... they're just dumb shit. Of course no one takes them, even if they know how to take advantage of others.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:55:42 pm by DKDC
New #71  October 01, 2014, 10:34:07 pm
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
That's just hopeful nonsense that looks like it came from the script of a cheesy father-son movie. Being bullied or being a bully isn't a defining factor of a person's financial or socal hierarchy. And if one had to relate bullying and success, bullies, being the more callous type, are more likely to be successful since they are more likely to trample or take advantage of others for their own personal gain. Really successful people exhibit narcissism and other categorically similar traits.

or vice versa

and what I mean by that is the OTHER WAY AROUND.

it can happen
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:37:35 pm by Toonar12X
#72  October 05, 2014, 07:37:46 pm
Toonar, what do u think vice versa means?

Anyway....

I used to be a bully. I don't remember picking on a lot of kids, but the ones I did I felt deserved it at the time. I wasn't the type to seek it out but if a kid said something insulting, or pissed me off, or did something stupid on a personal level, I'd smack him around on somewhat of a regular basis.

I remember in the 3rd grade, this kid called Ejaz. I thought his name was so weird, and out of curiosity I asked him about it but he got insulted and said some shit so I pulled him closer to me by his hair and smacked him in the face. That continued for the rest of the year.

But later that faithful year, God punished me with Ali. Ali  was in the 4th grade but had gotten left back so he was 2 years older. He happened to be a little crazy, and the classic definition of a bully.
One day during class time, I brought papers to the office for my teacher. On the way back, at other end of the empty hallway comes Ali. He ignored me until he got right next me...which was when he started saying "The British are coming. The British are coming." He jumped on me, got me in a headlock, spun me around a couple times and threw me on the floor. He must've hit my nose when getting me in the headlock cause I was busted wide open. I felt so terrible. I was victimized. I didn't tell the teachers or anything...my nose was easy to explain cause it used to bleed if I farted too hard. I had never been on that end of the equation by someone that close in age.

That weekend a couple of friends and I found Ali. We chased him, caught him, beat him up, threw a trash can on top of him, sat on it, kicked and punched it, and when we let him out he staggered into the street and got hit by a car. He broke his arm. It supposedly was broken in half but we left too quick to see.
Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:51:34 pm by Nucka
New #73  October 05, 2014, 08:21:50 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
That's just hopeful nonsense that looks like it came from the script of a cheesy father-son movie. Being bullied or being a bully isn't a defining factor of a person's financial or socal hierarchy. And if one had to relate bullying and success, bullies, being the more callous type, are more likely to be successful since they are more likely to trample or take advantage of others for their own personal gain. Really successful people exhibit narcissism and other categorically similar traits.

I think that's the most naive wall of text in this thread. The grass ain't greener on the other side unless you bring green paint. There's no sudden epiphany or sudden grasp of knowledge or respect.

Sorry you think that way, but I'm sure others see where I was coming from. It wasn't just about financial status as a reason either. Even ones with money cant do anything if people think less with them, Hollywood teaches us that and etc. If you have no audience, then people like that cant truly be happy. Which is what I was trying to say. And Sometimes the ones bullying, one day they can get a dose of their own medicine by someone else bullying people.

All of this doesn't seem naive to me as only the financial part was focused on when they are others things brought up as well that clearly others have expressed the same examples of what I was talking about. But I'm sure there are more factors as well

Actually...
Back in high middle school, there was this guy and his friends who were bullying pretty much everyone in the entire school. I met him again about 7 years later, only two years after my last college degree, and he had a daughter at least 3 to 4 years old, and was a construction worker.
He was nice to me, polite and everything. And poor as fuck.

The bullies you're talking about are the ones who actually have a way to get in good places. Those whose dad has money, or the sports jock who got in a good college because money. Everyone else, those from a mid to poor family, those who hang around in streets and in bars and spray paint on walls, they end up with child support at a shit job --- because... they're just dumb shit. Of course no one takes them, even if they know how to take advantage of others.

Exactly... See. This was exactly what I was talking about

Toonar, what do u think vice versa means?

Anyway....

I used to be a bully. I don't remember picking on a lot of kids, but the ones I did I felt deserved it at the time. I wasn't the type to seek it out but if a kid said something insulting, or pissed me off, or did something stupid on a personal level, I'd smack him around on somewhat of a regular basis.

I remember in the 3rd grade, this kid called Ejaz. I thought his name was so weird, and out of curiosity I asked him about it but he got insulted and said some shit so I pulled him closer to me by his hair and smacked him in the face. That continued for the rest of the year.

But later that faithful year, God punished me with Ali. Ali  was in the 4th grade but had gotten left back so he was 2 years older. He happened to be a little crazy, and the classic definition of a bully.
One day during class time, I brought papers to the office for my teacher. On the way back, at other end of the empty hallway comes Ali. He ignored me until he got right next me...which was when he started saying "The British are coming. The British are coming." He jumped on me, got me in a headlock, spun me around a couple times and threw me on the floor. He must've hit my nose when getting me in the headlock cause I was busted wide open. I felt so terrible. I was victimized. I didn't tell the teachers or anything...my nose was easy to explain cause it used to bleed if I farted too hard. I had never been on that end of the equation by someone that close in age.

That weekend a couple of friends and I found Ali. We chased him, caught him, beat him up, threw a trash can on top of him, sat on it, kicked and punched it, and when we let him out he staggered into the street and got hit by a car. He broke his arm. It supposedly was broken in half but we left too quick to see.

Another example of what I was talking about.
Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:37:07 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~