YesNoOk

CammyHD released, updated 4/08/10 (Read 33573 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, March 31, 2010, 11:14:55 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CammyHD released
#21  April 01, 2010, 07:42:39 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Bebop, it's called SSF2THDr's sprites getting ripped by Freezeman and tunglashor and others.
#22  April 01, 2010, 05:52:47 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
1. I think the walk animation looks wrong. She is bouncing too fast. Just compare to Super Turbo.
2. She should be more distant when she is close to another character or herself.
3. Compared do STurbo, she stays too long on the ground when falling. And, you can walk through her.
4. You can't hit her with a jump strong or med. kick.
5. If she is too close her special goes through.
6. The throwing looks wrong... And I wish you could return the normal throw just like super turbo, but that is a personal taste.
If you want, I can give you the hitsparks I made for Ryu HD, or you can get them from the sff. Or not.

1. The GIFs I posted are a bit faster than the actual animation in-game. It should be a better speed when you play. (Unless you mean the actual in-game animation.)
2. I have to fix the width.
3. Hitbox issue.
4. Hitbox issue? I'll check.
5. What special? I need a command or a name.
6. I'm still working on it (it's been mentioned before, by Shwa). And what do you mean "return the normal throw"? The punch throw in Super Turbo is the suplex.

Sparks are pretty much the last thing I'm worried about. Maybe I'll add 'em but I wanna fix the important parts first.

Thanks for feedin' back!
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#23  April 01, 2010, 11:02:33 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Is it possible to make her compatible with old mugen, or is she already compatible?
#24  April 01, 2010, 11:06:32 pm
  • Participate, be a part.
looking forward to updates. ;)
#25  April 01, 2010, 11:18:21 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Is it possible to make her compatible with old mugen, or is she already compatible?

From the new readme:
!IMPORTANT!IMPORTANT!IMPORTANT!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This character will only work properly in MUGEN 1.0. Do not attempt to move it into an older version.
Really.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!IMPORTANT!IMPORTANT!IMPORTANT!

I have no intention of making it good for any version of MUGEN aside from 1.0.

looking forward to updates. ;)

Good thing I came by then. New version is up at http://www.mediafire.com/zerosenninchars/

Also, for those wondering about my site--the hosts are doing some moving and shuffling. It'll be back eventually.

Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#26  April 01, 2010, 11:27:43 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
How did you do this HD? It's amazing. You converted it from SF2 to this??

Capcom did a re-release of SSF2 Turbo for the PS3 and Xbox360 in 2008.
(Called Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix)

Anyways Nice looking character you got there Zero c:

Offtopic: Anyone fancy a Match with me on SSF2 Turbo HD? xP
(I suck at it) ._.
My PSN: Toaduk1992
(Add it and post us a friend request) D:<

#27  April 01, 2010, 11:42:24 pm
  • Participate, be a part.

Good thing I came by then. New version is up at http://www.mediafire.com/zerosenninchars/

Also, for those wondering about my site--the hosts are doing some moving and shuffling. It'll be back eventually.

:D already? Ill keep coming back to check on your progress.
Re: CammyHD released, updated 4/01/10
#28  April 04, 2010, 04:49:34 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Good news, everyone! [/ProfFarnsworth]

'Nother update in the tubes today--head over to http://zerosenworkshop.x10hosting.com/ to pick it up!
If the site's not working for you, go back to the MediaFire address (1st post).

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: CammyHD released, updated 4/03/10
#29  April 06, 2010, 05:29:32 pm
Any chance you can make Chun-Li next?
#30  April 07, 2010, 03:37:41 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Any chance you can make Chun-Li next?

Not likely--this was just experimental, truth be told, and figuring out alignments was a pain in the ass the first time. I'll be focusing more on my fullgame....
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#31  April 07, 2010, 05:04:01 am
Drat.
#32  April 07, 2010, 05:10:49 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Just so you know, this Cammy is pretty fine. :D
Sure, the throws still turn me off a bit (mostly because of the time Cammy stays in slamming position when she successfully throws or hooligan grabs), but that's about it. Also my other gripe would be that the background does not become darker when she's doing a super. However, that is just personal.

I dig the Lv.3, but I think that after the attack successfully lands, there should be a small beatdown, because that much damage off a body launch just seems... eh. (Unless she jumps off the enemy's head. :V)
But again, that's just me.

Oh, and her falling back sprites where she's about the hit the ground? Some of the sprites still have some white on them, so there's no transparency around her fingers.

Other than that, nice Cammy. I may release a reduced color count sprite patch so there could be easier palette making for dearest Ms. Cameltoe here.
#33  April 07, 2010, 01:27:01 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
The backgrounds not darkening are a callback to SSF2 Turbo--totally stylistic choice there.

When she does the Sniping Heel, it is technically supposed to be the head that she's sticking onto, but for the sake of my sanity I fixed it to what it is.

Since I have to fix that transparency thing on her fingers now, I'll reduce the impact time on the throws and see how it turns out...
and if possible, I'd like to grovel and beg for that color count patch plox.

:kugoi:

~Zero-Sennin
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#34  April 07, 2010, 09:53:15 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Shit. Well, bad news. Hit a rather depressing hitch.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, about the resolution:
As she is right now, she is larger than most characters. I'd recommend working on her with 0.833 on both x and y scales to go along with your localcoord, since Udon worked on that resolution while retracing everything.

(Note, some moves will look kinda' off, Reverse Shaft Break won't finish on everyone during the medium and strong versions (oh yeah, all versions go way too high. just an opinion, but compared to all games she's been in, the strong version make it look Arcana Heart tier), and Sniping Heel will only be fully pulled off from midrange. Close enough will cause the two hits to connect, but not the rest; she'll go past the enemy.
Strangely enough, the movement looks really fitting at that res that it needs no changing.)

Oh yeah, and whatever res you put it in, all Spiral Arrows start off too far back and kinda' high.

This is all upon further inspection. These are all rather bugging problems. I'd say tweak on the gameplay first before messing with cosmetic changes, but you already got that down rock solid (I applaud you heavily for that, too) so...

But yeah, take your time with her. This is really a nice character so far, just that there are a few silly kinks that could easily be... uh... fixed. Dunno if that's the proper word.
Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:01:15 pm by Legendary Mr. Red
#35  April 07, 2010, 10:53:00 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
No problem, sort out whatever you need to and get back to me via PM or whatever whenever you can. I'm in no rush.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#36  April 07, 2010, 10:59:41 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Updated my post with lotsa words.
#37  April 08, 2010, 12:33:52 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I've pretty much addressed everything you pointed out...it should all be good, but knowing me I messed up somewhere.

The update is live, and ya'll know where to go. If'n ya don't, the first post would like to speak with ya.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#38  April 08, 2010, 12:52:12 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I've pretty much addressed everything you pointed out...it should all be good, but knowing me I messed up somewhere.
Don't stress it. ;D

Scale implementation is done right, but Reverse Shaft Break on all versions has a bizarre effect on the enemy (CammyHD and others), which makes... well, I don't know what happens, but both characters are sent way back, and not all hits connect.
Here's a screenshot.
Spoiler: Spoilered to save post space (click to see content)

And Sniping Heel doesn't fully connect against everyone;
Spoiler: Spoilered to save post space (click to see content)

Only problems I see left for now, though. Also, throws look cool now. :D
Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:02:52 am by Legendary Mr. Red
Re: CammyHD released, updated 4/07/10
#39  April 08, 2010, 01:21:06 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Dammit, I just had that problem with the weird horizontal movement on the new character I'm doing for Project Lensman. It has something to do with TargetBind, but I don't know what exactly. I can't seem to replicate the bug on anyone but herself though.

Also, what character(s) caused the (close) bug for Sniping Heel? I suspect I made the width...too wide, but when I was testing it, it seemed to work OK.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:29:52 am by Zero-Sennin
Re: CammyHD released, updated 4/07/10
#40  April 08, 2010, 01:36:21 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
For the close Sniping Heel bug, there was CammyHD and KFM. However, it connected against what seem to be larger characters. (see Brown's AOF3 Ryo)