YesNoOk

Cloud and Tifa Updated, May 1st (Read 21235 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, April 11, 2010, 06:48:08 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Should I edit Beppu & Panda's Kyko?

Hell yes.
14 (73.7%)
Hell no.
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 14, 2010, 06:48:08 am

Cloud and Tifa Updated, May 1st
#1  April 11, 2010, 06:48:08 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Just something I did on the side since
1) The boob bounce was aggravating me.
2) The gameplay got better but not exactly great (vels on the uppercut, for one).
3) I thought it a damn shame that the sprites were distorted by the resizing.

As I usually do with edits, I threw out the original coding and wrote my own, though in some cases I did keep what Yamakichi originally wrote.

Hosted in the usual spot: http://zerosenworkshop.x10hosting.com/

The poll is something I've been debating about for a while--the character is good, but my "character OCD" is acting up again (looking at the anims for a few things, etc) and it's nagging me. It closes in three days, so vote if you want.

Also, in case anyone cares, her SFF and AIR are clean of all ecchi-related things.

Here are piccys of Tifa.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

...maybe Cloud next...but not likely, since I still have the fullgame that I should be working on to worry about.<__<;;;

...I just realized that most of my MUGEN conversions are women.
...Am I a bad man?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:00:11 pm by Zero-Sennin
Re: Yamakichi's Tifa, Edited
#2  April 11, 2010, 07:06:24 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
...Am I a bad man?
Hell no.

I'm disappointed by her size, though Yamakichi's to blame for that.
He shouldn't have worked on some retarded resolution while working on those sprites. D:
#3  April 11, 2010, 08:43:17 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Seconded I will try her out and if I have the time make Custom Pals for Her!
#4  April 11, 2010, 03:51:06 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
* If you hold down when you jump or run you'll see Tifa execute her landing (or stop running) animation, return to state 0 and executing the crouching animation again. This looks terrible and makes impossible to use crouching attacks after jumping/running, and makes me think you don't like the crouching ones.

* The fact that most of her moves cancel standing attacks, but not crouching ones is really annoying and it makes me ASSURE you don't like the crouching ones.

* You made a nice work enhanced power of HCF+kick and dp+punch, they feel much more useful. The new moves aren't spectacular, but they are ok, too.

* You removed EX attacks and chain combos. Some will like, but the makes the player feel like your edit is much more limited.

* You can supercancel QCF+P x 2 with QCB QCB+ punch, but not with QCB HCF + kick.

You improved some things in Yamakichi's char, but your edit looks, well, incomplete. There are some basic codes you forgot to add (actually you REMOVED them), and your new moves don't add much to gameplay (they don't received the same care as the old ones)

IMO Yamakichi's version still plays better, even with less moves.
#5  April 11, 2010, 05:42:49 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
* If you hold down when you jump or run you'll see Tifa execute her landing (or stop running) animation, return to state 0 and executing the crouching animation again. This looks terrible and makes impossible to use crouching attacks after jumping/running, and makes me think you don't like the crouching ones.

* The fact that most of her moves cancel standing attacks, but not crouching ones is really annoying and it makes me ASSURE you don't like the crouching ones.

* You made a nice work enhanced power of HCF+kick and dp+punch, they feel much more useful. The new moves aren't spectacular, but they are ok, too.

* You removed EX attacks and chain combos. Some will like, but the makes the player feel like your edit is much more limited.

* You can supercancel QCF+P x 2 with QCB QCB+ punch, but not with QCB HCF + kick.

You improved some things in Yamakichi's char, but your edit looks, well, incomplete. There are some basic codes you forgot to add (actually you REMOVED them), and your new moves don't add much to gameplay (they don't received the same care as the old ones)

IMO Yamakichi's version still plays better, even with less moves.

...Ooh, I needed all of this feedback. I'll go back to the drawing board and address them one by one.

BTW has anyone had slowdown charging Final Heaven (2QCB+P)?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#6  April 11, 2010, 06:32:02 pm
    • USA
I like it. Definite keeper.
#7  April 11, 2010, 09:25:13 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Tifa Lockheart (Edited from Yamakichi's), updated 4/11
#8  April 12, 2010, 12:09:09 am
Not slowing down at all  o_O
#9  April 12, 2010, 12:21:29 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
#10  April 12, 2010, 12:31:25 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#11  April 12, 2010, 02:11:11 am
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Portugal
I don't mind the removl of the boobs. But you may wnat to give the option to fans... who like the bouncing. This is too much of a weird subtopic.
#12  April 12, 2010, 02:40:52 am
  • Running thru the night
where's that guy who loves making cvs sff's packs?

XD
Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
#13  April 12, 2010, 04:19:56 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Currently the scale I'm putting her on is 1.18,1.185. It's not perfect and still distorted, but it's better than being a midget and you can barely notice anything if you don't play in fullscreen.

Now, onto the feedback:
-The throw looks weird, even at 1,1. That's a problem that plagued the original because of enemy alignment.
-Her damage output is just too low in general. Normals hurt okay, but the specials could hurt a bit more, and the supers a lot more. Final Heaven does diddly squat for one level, and at 2 levels it's even worse. Waterkick and Meteor Strike suffer the same problem.
-Limit Break's damage output is alright, but the hit before the uppercut has so little hitstun that enemy can block the upper and everything else.
-Speaking of hitstuns, they're way too low on most attacks. Axe Kick is virtually useless because of that.

S'all I could find for now. but I think that after a bit of work, this will surpass the already subpar original by a long shot.
#14  April 12, 2010, 04:04:20 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
As a rule I don't like to let specials or supers do too much damage--I'll adjust up the values but not significantly so.

Also, how's the throw "weird" exactly? Too far left, or too far right? Or too high? Low? Specifics save me a lot of effort.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#15  April 12, 2010, 06:00:00 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Starts too far left like the original and is too low.

Also, despite your rule, it's kinda' putting it to the extreme when a Lv.1 super like Final Heaven, especially fully charged, does as much damage as your usual special, and that the Lv.2 version does almost as much damage.

I mean, even Cammy did more damage. Tifa's output seemed like a joke in comparison, except for Limit Break which takes away a pretty big chunk... if fully connected. *points to low hitstuns*
Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:13:50 pm by Return of the Chalupacabra
#16  April 12, 2010, 06:16:48 pm
i'll have to download this later and check it out, nice to see someone else besides me editing those chars :)  Btw, i already released an edit of cloud a while back, you're welcome to do your own if you like but it seems a little redundant to do ;)

Anyways based on what i've been reading in the thread, it seems alot of feedback has been covered, but if i happen upon anything new i'll be sure to post :)
#17  April 12, 2010, 06:18:02 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#18  April 12, 2010, 11:18:36 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Oh hey JZ, you stopped by. Welcome to the party, nice to have ya in one of my release threads for the first time ever. :D

Yeah, Cloud's still a tossup. I'm leaning yes, but I always take a while to figure out what the hell I want to do....

Anyway, I've made an update. Go nab it. Even if it looks like I didn't change much, I did listen and changed the things that applied where I at least thought they applied (and probably still missed a buncha s%@t, but you know how it goes). At the very least I can promise that Limit Break is in full wrecking glory and that Axe Kick's pausetimes are fixed to accommodate.

~ZS

PS: My favicon is pretty. :)
PPS: ...I hope someone cracks those KOFXII files sooner or later.  :-\
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Tifa Lockheart (Edited from Yamakichi's), updated 4/12
#19  April 14, 2010, 01:37:02 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Okay, so far, I like how Tifa is going.
Stun times feel right, and her Lv.1 supers do proper damage.
However, I do feel the Lv.2 supers need to be a bit stronger for their worth, and the Lv.3 should be a bit weaker. I'd say let it be considering the time it takes to reach Lv.3, but then again, it doesn't take that long (perfect match ender timing), and it needs to be balanced with the values of the other supers.

Also, I have a suggestion.
You should let her jump landing frames be canceled out of, it would add more comboability.
Not being able to pursue a j.HK into her standing BnB's just feels... lacking.

So far, I am digging this Tifa a lot more than the original, plus the throw looks better this time around as well. :D
Re: Tifa Lockheart (Edited from Yamakichi's), updated 4/19--Cloud released too
#20  April 20, 2010, 01:06:47 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
As the topic name very boldly declares, I have done as planned and bestowed upon the MOOJIN world new blood--a Tifa update and Cloud's release.

Sorry it took me so long, I was away from home for a bit. As of now I more or less consider Tifa finished, water FX or no--I'll touch her up if I have to, but it it's not life-threatening I'm not likely to get to it.

Also, based on the polls, I may or may not have chosen to start on Kyko. :ninja:

Get your fix at http://www.zerosenworkshop.x10hosting.com.

Hit me with feedback!

Oh, BTW, I saw that ya'll were postin's in my Cammy thread 'bout stuff. I am NOT going to promise that I will do more palettes very soon, mostly because it's a pain in the ass as it is now, I promise too many things as it is, and I am NOT good at figuring out sprite-side work for MUGEN characters, which does include re-paletting/removing palette colors/etc., especially since I'd have to re-clean every blasted sprite I made in the first place. However, I am happy that the current version, barring whatever may be wrong, is much more appealing to people than the first.

Till whenever.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#21  April 20, 2010, 01:36:32 am
  • Mammoth Syndicate
    • www.mammothsyndicate.com
Some feedback for Cloud

-As others have done, I upscaled slightly to make him not so short, made him to 1.3, 1.3 and found that if you stand toe to toe with someone and use Y, you will never hit an opponent, it passes right through them. I doubt thats anything you care to fix, just an FYI I guess.

-Omnislash is lacking dramatics. One thing about the move is its extremely dramatic and moves very fast, this version seems to move to slow and he only stands in place when he does it.

-No Meteorain Limit

-An inclusion of Omnislash V5 or V6 would be a kickass addition, it would be a mid air attack but if it can attack air and ground opponents it would make it very versatile. Even with the limited sprites, it could be done I would think.

Jed

#22  April 20, 2010, 01:42:50 am
  • Retrun of the Spirit Dragon
    • www.jedex.webs.com
BTW nice Tifa dude and thanks for the quote now I'm gonna poke fun and kick someones ass in that topic   >:D
Next Gen IX
Spoiler: "The Next Gen IX is here" (click to see content)
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.
#23  April 20, 2010, 01:47:10 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
@MammothMan:

1. Dammit, I thought I fixed the CLSN1s. I'll check again and fix it in the next update.
2. Wasn't too sure how to go about Omnislash, so I settled for what's there now. I'll tackle it again when I get a good idea for it.
3. Wasn't in the original, but now that you mention it I may add it...maybe... :ninja:
4. CLASSIC CLOUD IS CLASSIC :P [size=4pt](Translation: Not likely to happen, but meh.)
[/size]
@Jed:
The quote in my sig is totally a joke, don't flip out on anyone over it.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Jed

#24  April 20, 2010, 01:56:24 am
    • www.jedex.webs.com
@MammothMan:

1. Dammit, I thought I fixed the CLSN1s. I'll check again and fix it in the next update.
2. Wasn't too sure how to go about Omnislash, so I settled for what's there now. I'll tackle it again when I get a good idea for it.
3. Wasn't in the original, but now that you mention it I may add it...maybe... :ninja:
4. CLASSIC CLOUD IS CLASSIC :P [size=4pt](Translation: Not likely to happen, but meh.)
[/size]
@Jed:
The quote in my sig is totally a joke, don't flip out on anyone over it.

thanks but a little to late now I know it's trap MUahahhahaahhahaha :P
Next Gen IX
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.
#25  April 20, 2010, 07:39:05 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Cloud is cool, and much better than Yamakichi's one, gameplay wise.
Changing the scale (as for Tifa) may make the sprites look strange, but at least he wouldn't be a dwarf anymore.

- Finishing Touch misses at close range.
- Cloud really lacks power with his specials and supers. It seems to be your way of making your chars though, but your poor characters are not strong enough for the Mugen world with this kind of strength. :P
- Make the small portrait HR please.
- As said, Omnislash lacks the dramatic feeling. Make the combo faster, but have the last hit have much more FX and make it slower.
#26  April 21, 2010, 01:44:41 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
1) Fixed with wider hitboxes...hopefully.

2) Well, I've been hearing that a lot lately,  and since I'm stumped, I'm officially asking for a "decent" scale of sorting out damage from my fellow Guildies. Once it's set, I'll universally apply it to the characters that people most believe need it, and from here on out I'll stick to it.

Current "guidelines" (these are seriously estimates, so don't treat them as holy writ, and they don't 100% apply to Cloud and Tifa since I've been doing damage buffs):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

3) As in "reshade it" HD? ??? Not the best sprite artist you're talking to, here, but if it's really a thing to take care of, then....

4) Working it out now....

Also, my official word on scaling: I prefer the sprites at the size they are because I'm a picky little bastard like that, but at the very least I'll try to accommodate the hitboxes for those users that choose to scale up.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Jed

#27  April 21, 2010, 07:50:33 am
    • www.jedex.webs.com
well I was gonna do my own touch ups on this guys meanly re-work of the sprites and attacks and make it look more Dissdia, AC outfit fix add on to it any who good luck on your version dude  :sugoi:
Next Gen IX
#28  April 21, 2010, 04:06:48 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
is this an edit of yamakichi's last released version, or an edit of blood riot iori's edit of the same?
#29  April 21, 2010, 04:17:36 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#30  April 23, 2010, 04:30:54 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
OK UPDATE FOR CLOUD OUT! GO GET 'ER!

The only thing that might be an issue is Blade Beam--I recoded it to be a helper, not a Projectile statecontroller, so...yeah. It works, but if it acts funny it's because it was my first time and I forgot something important.

Omnislash is metal, though. Purists forgive me for upping the hit count.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Cloud Strife Updated, 4/23
#31  April 24, 2010, 11:11:46 pm
  • Mammoth Syndicate
    • www.mammothsyndicate.com
Ok, tried out the new update for Cloud and Omnislash looks much better. My only gripe with it now is he runs very slowly towards his opponent so sometimes it can be hard to land.

Also, something you may want to look into, I was able to hold down forward and spam the heavy attack key and win every fight. This worked on any PotS or Warusak character, both of which have pretty good AI's. I was even able to get twin perfects on PotS' Nash and Sakura, just by doing this.

I also noticed that the standing heavy attack can hit multiple times in the air (2) then hit 2 more times on the ground after that before they're knocked to far out of range.
#32  April 25, 2010, 11:43:04 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Sounds like I didn't fix the velocities for the crouch and stand heavy punches; I'll do that now. Do keep in mind, though, that I flag all of my crouch states to be blocked low, so that could have something to do with wreckiing Sakura and Charlie.

I'll speed up the Omnislash a bit.

Expect a post with  update confirmation at some point today or tomorrow.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#33  April 27, 2010, 01:28:57 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
UPLOADED AT LAST, UPLOADED AT LAST, THANK KFM ALMIGHTY, I HAVE UPLOADED AT LAST.

Sorry, got a bit busy with life, the universe, and everyfin' like dat. Hope this makes up for my Stalin.

*Zero-Sennin leaves before he gets hit for making bad jokes.*
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Cloud and Tifa Updated, May 1st
#34  May 01, 2010, 10:03:15 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Updated...as it turns out I actually hadn't fixed the jump->crouch thing, until now, that is. I probably forgot to add those tidbits into the readmes, but they're there.

I've gotten the Kyko edit (which we shall call Ky-Chan) to a nice playable state, but it may not come out for a while yet because I've got some other obligations to take care of IRL.

Also, barring the emergence of any other serious problems with Tifa or Cloud, I'm probably not going back to work on them. (PROBABLY.)

Have fun. See ya later.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#35  May 02, 2010, 06:01:28 am
  • Thats just Bassist.
-Cloud still gets stuck upon crouching from a jump.-

-IMO add an elongated effects (look at guilty gear sword slashes)to the sword swings cause they look a tad framed also it would be cool if you could add MP and MK-

-is it me or does his sword grows longer on Climahazard uppercut animation O_o?-
Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:19:30 am by Kayetayo
#36  May 02, 2010, 06:17:49 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#37  May 02, 2010, 06:21:56 am
  • Thats just Bassist.
#38  May 02, 2010, 06:24:47 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Knowing YAMAKICHI, yes, the sword probably does change length.

And I did think about adding the sword slashes that were in the original release--they're still in the sprite file, so I guess when I get some time I'll make the animations and set them up. It's not a top priority, though, so if it never happens I REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. *shifty glance*
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#39  May 02, 2010, 06:32:45 am
  • Thats just Bassist.
That sounds awesome and as i said, chill and take your time (not eternity though) there is no big rush. Its better to wait and have a good character than getting frustrated rushing just to find you missed stuff.

Jed

#40  May 03, 2010, 10:50:15 pm
    • www.jedex.webs.com
well can I ask ya something I'm going for this idea too when make Sephiroth witch use Dissida moves sets do you plan to do this too or make it more like the original FF 7 game :P other wise I'm gonna go for it soon too and update Cloud after Sephy with this idea XD
Next Gen IX
#41  May 03, 2010, 11:25:27 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Moveset, as it is, is going to stay. I see no real reason to modify it for Dissidia, especially since I have no way of playing it.

Also, to all who may not have seen, Cloud was updated when I released Ky-Chan yesterday. The sticking is fixed, but now I have to consider another problem that I missed before, so keep your eyes open.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Jed

#42  May 04, 2010, 05:44:35 am
    • www.jedex.webs.com
youtube and the fact that i got the 3D models animations helps me then so yeah I'm going for it then in my version :P anywho cya dude  :sugoi: thanks for the update
Next Gen IX