YesNoOk

Collapsing: Hi-Res Stage for MUGEN 1.0 (Read 17317 times)

Started by FerchogtX, May 12, 2010, 11:20:01 pm
Share this topic:
Collapsing: Hi-Res Stage for MUGEN 1.0
#1  May 12, 2010, 11:20:01 pm
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Hi there everyone! here I got a new release... now I'm trying to enter in the non easy world of making stages... I was thinking on this idea for a while and now I want to see how bad this turned XD... (just joking).

I know there are good stage makers around here (like EXShadow)... but I wanted to do this... it comes from my full game project (I hope I can finish it... if not, at least I can release some stuff like this XD) and is the final boss stage... yeah I know, is just too soon to think on that, but the idea was around my head...

I was inspired on Galactic Impact stage by Djoulz... only the meteors and rocks come from his stage (that came from Sang Kalaza sprites... at least his readme says that) The planets, stars, nebula, floor and sun are made by me in Photoshop CS3... The method I used for the nebula to display properly (I hope withour color loss, at least to me looks like it has all its colors) is the RGB method (less CPU usage)... the planets, nebula, and stars and even the sun are separate elements (not integrated in the background) so they have their own deltas.

The floor is a lil' tile that is used as paralax... i'm not too good on paralaxing elements, so, if you find something wrong, you can always tell me (anyway I spect feedback for this...)

This stage is Super Jump compliant (custom Superjump, so characters like Nobuyuki's Magneto that do the Kuchuu dash will be very happy, because you can see what you are doing in air combo.) and is somewhat wide, so you can fight more freely (I like wide stages...) Has some custom values for character position and zoffset... so it matches more or less MVC2 type stages (not 100% accurate values though, just matched with screenshots).

Let me know what you think.

ScreenShots:

Demonstration Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oGPyyut4M

Download: (5.03 MB, Includes looped mp3 BGM file - Mezame) ----- Updated!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?zymuzcgoqvm

This stage is fully 640x480 res compatible and MUGEN 1.0 ONLY... because it uses parameters exclusively from this version of mugen (Like localcoord, or some real values in stage boundaries or loop points for the mp3 file included).

Thanks to:
Sang Kalaza (for the meteors and rocks sprites :) )
Djoulz (the idea)
Exshadow (inspiration with his stages XD)
Cybaster (feedback and fixes :D)

Feel free to comment

Bug fixes:
p1xstart, etc... parameters to match mugen standard
Fixed asteroids bug... finally (removed window parameter...)

See ya!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:53:28 am by FerchogtX
Re: Collapsing: Hi-Res Stage for MUGEN 1.0
#2  May 13, 2010, 12:10:34 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Interesting stage. Looks a little like Galactic Impact in terms of atmosphere, but with a totally different approach.
The code seems fine for the most part, and the graphics are pretty. For a first stage, it's a nice one. :yes:

- The most problematic part comes from the rock which sometimes seem to appear magically from the right of the screen. To fix this (it's a stupid Mugen bug), change the startx position of your sprites (in the DEF file) to a larger number. Instead of 0, use a large value such as 100/200 or higher.
- The p1startx/p2startx/etc. values don't follow the convention, which is -140/140/-200/200. Itf not set to these values (especially for p1 and p2), it can mess up some custom intros between some characters which use the distance between both players.
#3  May 13, 2010, 12:13:42 am
The most problematic part comes from the rock which sometimes seem to appear magically from the right of the screen.

Oh, Mezame (Yuki Kajiura)?

I didn't see that coming.
#4  May 13, 2010, 12:28:05 am
    • Mexico
Interesting stage. Looks a little like Galactic Impact in terms of atmosphere, but with a totally different approach.
The code seems fine for the most part, and the graphics are pretty. For a first stage, it's a nice one. :yes:

- The most problematic part comes from the rock which sometimes seem to appear magically from the right of the screen. To fix this (it's a stupid Mugen bug), change the startx position of your sprites (in the DEF file) to a larger number. Instead of 0, use a large value such as 100/200 or higher.
- The p1startx/p2startx/etc. values don't follow the convention, which is -140/140/-200/200. Itf not set to these values (especially for p1 and p2), it can mess up some custom intros between some characters which use the distance between both players.
THANKS!!! I wanted to know how to fix that nasty bug... I'll fix ASAP, about the convention, since this release is for generic mugen compilations, I'll fix that too :D

This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#5  May 13, 2010, 12:52:58 am
    • Mexico
Updated!! see first post :D

See ya!!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#6  May 13, 2010, 01:53:48 am
    • Mexico
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#7  May 13, 2010, 03:16:42 am
There's too much of a black edge to the non-shadowed parts of the rocks, making them stand out too much.
#8  June 21, 2010, 11:55:16 pm
  • Splowshunsz :D
The asteroids don't fit in with the background or floor. Floor is weird and doesn't look so good. Try blending spites together for a better look. Also, the planets need to be cleaned up. There are pink pixels around them :P
#9  June 22, 2010, 01:08:13 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Lookin great Mr Ferchog  :sugoi:

Up for another jobby?
#10  June 22, 2010, 02:31:06 am
    • Mexico
The asteroids don't fit in with the background or floor. Floor is weird and doesn't look so good. Try blending spites together for a better look. Also, the planets need to be cleaned up. There are pink pixels around them :P
I'll try to give a look to it... thanks for the feedback.

I don't guarantee a fast job... because I quitted mine (a powerfull reason made me do it...)

<- [Clicky - Clicky]