SSF2THDR Ryu *Update (Read 45118 times)

Started by parse, March 15, 2010, 04:36:09 am
Share this topic:
SSF2THDR Ryu *Update
New #1  March 15, 2010, 04:36:09 am
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/

Not a beta anymore!

You can change the damage and reset the power at round start in the option.txt

He is downsized to match other mugen characters, but if you wish to play him at full size, just copy (and replace) the files at the ..option/full_size folder, to the main dir.

If you want to remove the special bars, just copy and replace the files at the ..option/remove_bars folder to the main dir.

The palettes are not perfect because the sprites has some dots using the wrong colors. So maybe later I'll look all the sprites one by one.

*You can play as Evil Ryu if hold Start and press Z or C.

What's new:

. Powerbar;
. Fake hadouken added! Command: D, DF, F + start
. Bugfixes;
. Blood, sweat, vomit and dust added;
. You can now become dizzy!;
. Added some hadouken effects;
. Palette order changed to match HD Remix;
. Lowered the damage, but you can still change back to the original at the option.txt (just add 3 at var(52));
. Added shock animation;
. Changed "ryu wins" and "ryu wins perfect!" sound, to match the HD Remix announcer.
. Ending!

Update: 05/29/2010
http://parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:00:01 am by parse
Re: BETA SSF2THDR Ryu
#2  March 15, 2010, 05:08:17 am
    • USA
character is awesome!
#3  March 15, 2010, 05:10:53 am
Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken consumes 3 power levels? o_O

Not bad for a start and pretty unique to be using IIHD sprites

Something definitely worth looking forward to once completed
(I also smell... clones, lots and lots of clones)

GT

#4  March 15, 2010, 05:18:41 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby

Well the SF2 games only allow for one super move when you have a full powerbar.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#5  March 15, 2010, 05:19:29 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Very good execution of his moves, but his ->+Z punch should slide further.
Also, Evil Ryu mode is a very nice added feature, but don't forget his Shun Goku Satsu is not equal in speed or range to Shin Akuma's...its actually a much slower and much shorter slide that does not cover full screen range... But hey, this is mugen after all...do as you like.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can resolve the scaling problem for him to look normal on any resolution...but I think Mugen 1.0 is still unresolved with this scaling thing...Maybe release him also for Mugen Plus?

I must say, for a first character this is a very nice beta.
I look forward to seeing him vomit in future updates. :D
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:26:16 am by MaxBeta
#6  March 15, 2010, 05:30:13 am

Well the SF2 games only allow for one super move when you have a full powerbar.

True :yes:
#7  March 15, 2010, 05:53:37 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Then why not just make his power 1000 instead of 3 :U
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#8  March 15, 2010, 12:34:17 pm
  • Recreation
#9  March 15, 2010, 12:47:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
In sf2 when punched hard, sometimes chars would vomit or spit blood.
Cant find pics now but I remember that happening.
#10  March 15, 2010, 01:45:54 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
is this supposed to be accurate
#11  March 15, 2010, 02:46:10 pm
  • Silence Is Golden
very nice looking character.
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language, I am Russian
#12  March 15, 2010, 05:03:55 pm
    • USA
!!!!This is a beta, it is not complete. It's missing dizzy animation, blood, ground dust, shock, and vomit.!!!!
Vomit?
Blood?
Yeah, play the Sega Genesis version of SF2, you'll see the vomit and blood when the character is hit in the face (blood) or stomach (vomit). Not surprisingly, the Super Nintendo versions of SF2 axed out those sprites.

But yeah, I do see lots of clones of this character in the future (evil, orochi, god, holy, symbiote, etc.)
#13  March 15, 2010, 05:45:08 pm
  • Dark Templar
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#14  March 15, 2010, 07:32:10 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Alignment must be hell using FF, and you didn't do a bad job with it. However, some sprites are still misaligned. Stance seems a little jumpy, and attacks like c.lp clearly have misalignment issues by looking at the feet.
- Debug flood because you didn't set the mugenversion to 1.0 in the DEF file.
- I know anybody can do this easily, but you may want to rename your folder and DEF file to sf2hd_ryu or something like that, because just "ryu" is kinda too generic, seeing the number of Ryus out there.
- Hadouken seems to miss opponents in the corner, when you're close to them (tested on smaller CVS chars).
- CLSNs boxes are not bad for a first creation. We won't blame you for not trying to get SF2 accurate hitboxes. However, some of them still need work, such as the stance one, where there are too many boxes.
- You forgot to remove the x+a shortcut for Shinkuu Hadouken.
- Shinkuu Hadouken causes debug flood because of truncated integer.
- Shinkuu Hadouken misses close opponents close, in the corner (tested on himself).

This doesn't look like it's supposed to be an accurate character, but he plays kinda well, especially for a 1st character (I guess some, if not a lot, of coding was based on G.D.T's version though). You did a good job with the effects, they look fine. The "flamed" anim could still get some work, as it seems filtered, but oh well, that's tedious.
#15  March 15, 2010, 08:38:18 pm
  • behold my power
    • USA
That's an awesome char. Very nice.
Can you dampen the damage a little If you jump fierce punch to stand firece punch then Messatsu Gou Shoryuu/Shinku Hadouken take more than half the lifebar.
Depending on what character it is it KO's.
Should the powerbar have 0 after a round? (if I have 3000 power in the first round, then it goes to 0 power in the second round?)

Spoiler: Fix this please (click to see content)

so many hdd crashes QQ
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:23:44 pm by ShimahnC
#16  March 15, 2010, 09:37:11 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
#17  March 16, 2010, 01:03:25 am
Ryu updated. Download it at the beginning of the topic.

Very good execution of his moves, but his ->+Z punch should slide further.
Also, Evil Ryu mode is a very nice added feature, but don't forget his Shun Goku Satsu is not equal in speed or range to Shin Akuma's...its actually a much slower and much shorter slide that does not cover full screen range.
Fixed! Thanks for the tips.

- Alignment must be hell using FF, and you didn't do a bad job with it. However, some sprites are still misaligned. Stance seems a little jumpy, and attacks like c.lp clearly have misalignment issues by looking at the feet.
- Debug flood because you didn't set the mugenversion to 1.0 in the DEF file.
- I know anybody can do this easily, but you may want to rename your folder and DEF file to sf2hd_ryu or something like that, because just "ryu" is kinda too generic, seeing the number of Ryus out there.
- Hadouken seems to miss opponents in the corner, when you're close to them (tested on smaller CVS chars).
- CLSNs boxes are not bad for a first creation. We won't blame you for not trying to get SF2 accurate hitboxes. However, some of them still need work, such as the stance one, where there are too many boxes.
- You forgot to remove the x+a shortcut for Shinkuu Hadouken.
- Shinkuu Hadouken misses close opponents close, in the corner (tested on himself).

Fixed!
Sorry but I don't know how to fix this: "- Shinkuu Hadouken causes debug flood because of truncated integer."

That's an awesome char. Very nice.
Can you dampen the damage a little If you jump fierce punch to stand firece punch then Messatsu Gou Shoryuu/Shinku Hadouken take more than half the lifebar.
Depending on what character it is it KO's.
Should the powerbar have 0 after a round? (if I have 3000 power in the first round, then it goes to 0 power in the second round?)

Fix this please
SSF2T has high damage, but I'll see if I can lower a bit.
The powerbar resets on the original game, but not now anymore (I don't like to reset either). What do you think?
Hit box fixed, thanks for the tip!

In case he is interested in doing that, I made info available some time ago on getting accurate hitboxes from WW~T. There's no known method for S~ST aside from HDR at the moment, but T would likely give you most of what you need.

Thanks, I'll try that later. I'm aiming for accuracy, but I have a long way to go.
#18  March 16, 2010, 01:13:25 am
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Sorry but I don't know how to fix this: "- Shinkuu Hadouken causes debug flood because of truncated integer."

Well idk how u coded it but somewhere theres a decimal value where an interger (a whole number) should be. Just try changing ur decimals to integers and see when the debug spam stops.

That or post the code and the problem in dev help.
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#19  March 16, 2010, 02:37:32 am
  • Recreation
!!!!This is a beta, it is not complete. It's missing dizzy animation, blood, ground dust, shock, and vomit.!!!!
Vomit?
Blood?
Yeah, play the Sega Genesis version of SF2, you'll see the vomit and blood when the character is hit in the face (blood) or stomach (vomit). Not surprisingly, the Super Nintendo versions of SF2 axed out those sprites.

But yeah, I do see lots of clones of this character in the future (evil, orochi, god, holy, symbiote, etc.)
Well how convenient.
I had the SNES version of SSF2.

Sounds like time for me to attempt to spriteswap POTS ryu.
#20  March 16, 2010, 02:23:22 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
That would be cool, but I think CvS chars have more frames, so it seems not possible to do a decent work.

#21  March 16, 2010, 08:38:12 pm
  • Recreation
That would be cool, but I think CvS chars have more frames, so it seems not possible to do a decent work.
I figured.
Maybe someone can slightly sprite edit to make it animate smoother.
Kinda like Limited Moon editing something for Ryu's axe kick because it was only 2 frames.
#22  March 17, 2010, 05:03:31 am
  • Dragon Override now in the releases section.
Great work :D would be nice if it came at a native res of 1280x720 though. When I use localcord as you probably know a few thing are scaled that shouldn't be like the char portrait and the "Ryu wins" text.  In the screen shots I've used a locacord setting of 1516x844 I've always thought that sf zero/alpha's Ryu was a bit shorter than his sf2 counterpart for styling I suppose, but anyway here's a shot of the height I think looks good for him.

Download The Pre-Alpha Here With CvS Pro 720p HD Lifebars --> http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=W8CAUIR2
#23  March 17, 2010, 06:38:28 am
    • yagamic4.50megs.com/photo2_1.html
I find when scaling down sprites that were drawn in 16:9, the ratio should be kept as such.

Try setting localcoord to 1366 by 768. Thats 16:9 and right in between 720 and 1080.  Puts him at roughly the same size as sf3 Ryu.  ;)
#24  March 17, 2010, 06:53:21 pm
looks cool,any chance this will work on hi res mugen not just mugen 1.0
#25  March 17, 2010, 07:14:24 pm

This shot is at the res YagamiC4 recommended I still think he looks too big  :ninja:

Download The Pre-Alpha Here With CvS Pro 720p HD Lifebars --> http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=W8CAUIR2
#26  March 17, 2010, 07:25:30 pm
  • Lets not bash people, be respectful human beings.
sir i recently cancelled a sf2hd project, do you want the source files for all the characters? It will literally cut your time in half if not more.
OK class! Now remember, in order to give someone proper feedback, you must BASH them! Because being nice, and or respectful, is frowned upon in the Mugen community... Ok, so what do we do to new creators and patch makers kids?

(Kids yelling) BASH THEM!!!
^lol, not sure why there is so much here. oh well
#27  March 18, 2010, 01:09:19 am
#28  March 18, 2010, 04:56:09 am

#29  March 18, 2010, 12:40:36 pm
  • Recreation
#30  March 18, 2010, 07:00:20 pm
I don't even know how to begin adding blood, vomit and ground dust. I've trying to find sf2 char to base, but every one of them doesn't have those coding. If you can help, pm me.

sir i recently cancelled a sf2hd project, do you want the source files for all the characters? It will literally cut your time in half if not more.

Sure!

I find when scaling down sprites that were drawn in 16:9, the ratio should be kept as such.

Try setting localcoord to 1366 by 768. Thats 16:9 and right in between 720 and 1080.  Puts him at roughly the same size as sf3 Ryu.  ;)

Well, if you all decide on a good resolution to play at 720p, I'll make a separate file with the right size of portraits and special finish.
#31  March 18, 2010, 10:50:15 pm
  • Recreation
I personally think the localcoord is perfect if you play in
720, 480

Which is almost like regular mugen, but with 80 more pixels to the side, making it still widescreen and compatable with HD screenpacks.
#32  March 19, 2010, 08:57:53 pm
  • Mugen Char Creator
    • Mexico
Man, your char are so incredible.
Finally a SSF2THDR character, i'm a sf2 character creator, and i'm doing a sf2 edit ryu and is almost done, if you want i can show you my progress with a video.
I'd like doing my Ryu HD style but i don't know how make HD characters.
#33  March 22, 2010, 04:21:34 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
awsome i love this ryu.
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
#34  April 06, 2010, 12:15:41 pm
would be great to make an screenpack with all HR chars, SFHD, Fist of the north star, KOFXIII, Guilty Gear XX..  well, Chars of the marvel series will be missing  :-\   but it will be awsome anyways  :)
#35  April 06, 2010, 12:35:33 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#36  May 29, 2010, 08:20:45 pm
Update!

. Powerbar;
. Bugfixes;
. Lowered the damage, but you can still change back to the original at the option.txt (just add 3 at var(52));
. Added shock animation;
. Changed "ryu wins" and "ryu wins perfect!" sound, to match the HD Remix announcer.
. Ending!

The file is on the first post!
#37  May 30, 2010, 10:45:53 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Update!

. Powerbar;
. Bugfixes;
. Added shock animation;
. Ending!

The file is on the first post!

thanks a lot for your work.
Re: SSF2THDR Ryu *Update
#38  May 30, 2010, 04:11:52 pm
    • yagamic4.50megs.com/photo2_1.html
Am I the only one having problems with the archive?  It's come out corrupt twice now. :S
#39  May 30, 2010, 09:58:57 pm
Am I the only one having problems with the archive?  It's come out corrupt twice now. :S

Sorry about that. I didn't check the compatibility with winrar and winzip. It should work with 7zip though.
You can decompress with 7zip or you can download it again(it should now work with winrar and winzip). I've already updated the link some time ago.
#40  June 06, 2010, 06:44:17 pm
This character is great and all, but the extra Energy/Mana/Whatever bar from the original game feels pretty unnecessary, considering that there is a perfectly working bar on the screen already.
Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:08:19 pm by YamiMario
#41  June 12, 2010, 01:45:29 am
Thank You Parse, I have been anxiously waiting for somone to release these characters for mugen. SWEET! The AI on of them is very easy tho, even with the difficulty set to 8 in Mugen cfg. Is there a way to fix this that I am missing?
#42  June 12, 2010, 08:39:13 am
Thank You Parse, I have been anxiously waiting for somone to release these characters for mugen. SWEET! The AI on of them is very easy tho, even with the difficulty set to 8 in Mugen cfg. Is there a way to fix this that I am missing?

It's because there's no AI. For now I don't know how to program the AI, maybe someday! Or someone can make an AI patch or help me with this.
#43  June 12, 2010, 01:59:12 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
#44  June 12, 2010, 08:05:22 pm