YesNoOk

NGBC Ryo, KOF2k3 Yamazaki, SVC Hugo reworked/edited spritesets (Read 11240 times)

Started by Guillotine, November 17, 2015, 03:51:11 pm
Share this topic:
NGBC Ryo, KOF2k3 Yamazaki, SVC Hugo reworked/edited spritesets
#1  November 17, 2015, 03:51:11 pm
Hello there, been sitting on these for a while hoping to make the mugen characters myself but it's not really happening for a number of reasons, I gave them a last revision recently and am now releasing everything.

Yamazaki's project started with the desire of having a stance that would transit seamlessy into his awesome 2k3 idle animation. Then I noticed the bad consistency, anatomy, shading etc... in the whole set and in the end, every single sprite has been heavily reworked, extra in between frames added for most attacks, a few animations ported from RB, whole new anims based on Wild Ambition attacks and more. 700+ unique sprites in the set.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z9ec8xa1oux85e/Yamazaki.7z

Ryo is not as dramatic but has some retouches for consistency in most frames, better transitions, some reworked moves (kohoken especially), added inbetween frames for most moves. Some moves from Takuma and SVC Karate, and Ryo KOF98 and XI.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3neutizu4x7f9u/Ryo.7z

So this is a resized SVC Hugo spriteset, it's complete. I fixed the dithering and retouched all the bits and lines that looked bad cause of the resize, certainly there could still be some rough bits but I think he looks ok overall. A bit of backstory on why this happened, with some dead time at work I wanted some pixel art to do in the meantime that wasn't so impegnative and I could just do with little tought involved... and of course unpractical SVC Hugo size rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I lost interest at times and kinda regretted starting it but in the end I finished it. Hopefully someone will be interested in this!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xc3l1z3h896hlqn/Hugo_resize.7z

I would love to post a number of comparisons gifs but I don't have much time right now nor appropriate software. But I promise a lot of work went into these! Images are organized in png but are already all in the same palette I think. Enjoy!

Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:41:46 pm by Guillotine
Re: NGBC Ryo, KOF2k3 Yamazaki reworked/edited spritesets
#2  November 17, 2015, 04:14:40 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Wow, great job, I'm watching Yamazaki right now, he was not just bad sprited but awfully inconsistent, everything now flows great.
Good Stuff.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  November 17, 2015, 04:58:22 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I just took a look inside the sprite sets, and goodness gracious, the improvement in both of them is rather massive. As if what you did to Yamazaki's face design wasn't good enough already, now his animations look a lot smoother in flow, here and there (especially his stance). The work you put on Ryo also really shows, given that a lot of his attacks now appear to be much more dynamic (my favorite one in here has to be the hien shinpukyaku).

I really hope the work you've done gets used in someone's characters, because I'd certainly add both of them to my roster.

Shit
#4  November 17, 2015, 05:20:33 pm
  • Hi my name is Dave, i am a SFZ3 addicted
    • Brazil
these stuff is great, well done, this improve Yamazaki and Ryo in a gigantic way
#5  November 29, 2015, 02:22:28 pm
Thanks for the endorsments everyone! I sure hope someone will pick these up ;)
Re: NGBC Ryo, KOF2k3 Yamazaki, SVC Hugo reworked/edited spritesets
#6  August 17, 2019, 02:43:26 pm
I guess I'll bump this as I have updated the older files, added Hugo and put some gifs on. First post updated, enjoy!