New #1  May 12, 2013, 12:57:47 am
Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:26:49 am by Jmorphman
Re: yuna sprites
#2  May 12, 2013, 01:24:12 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hmm....the sprites could use a lot of work, but it's not a bad start really. I would recommend trying to touch up on these sprites and use them as a base for learning how to sprite anatomically correct, shading, etc. I'm sure there's someone out there that'd be willing to help teach you some of the basics on spriting.

Some of the issues I'm seeing with spriting (I'm not a pro spriter like a lot of the guys around here are but...) are the proportions in general. Her legs are massive in comparison to the rest of her body, the eyes look a bit weird, her waist is almost non-existent (probably due to how massive her legs are, but if it weren't for those, it would probably fit her upper torso and arms better), her face seems a bit...chubby? I'm not sure how to put that one. The skirt could use a better shading since it doesn't feel the like the part that's behind her leg is behind her leg. Light source is something to keep in mind when doing sprites.

You may also want to touch up on her shorts, since well...actually, I'm not sure how you could touch up on those things. They're super short in-game, but here it looks like she's just wearing some kind of swimming trunks or something? The hair could also use a bit of touching up as well possibly. Not sure about that gun holster either.

That's just on the stand sprite. The animation of the stand sprite seems a bit...off? I'm not sure how to word that better, others probably can word it better than I can.

The Midnight Bliss (by the way, ironically I was thinking this same thing for her Midnight Bliss, but for her FFX outfit, and her FFX outfit for her FFX-2 outfit lol. Or you can go with both actually~) could use a lot of work. The proportions, shading, draining, and the way the wedding dress looks doesn't look good at all. It's a good idea though!

Will you be adding in any other custom states too? You have Midnight Bliss and Pharaoh's Curse, so just wondering if you'll be doing things like Sangue=Passare, Shock, Burn, etc.?

It has potential, I'll say that. Learn to shade, proportion, and whatever else others may have to suggest, and I think you could be a fine spriter. I am intrigued by this, as I've been waiting for a Yuna in MUGEN for a long time (granted, more the FFX version than X-2, but who am I to complain?) ^^
#3  May 12, 2013, 10:45:53 am
The spritesheet feels really organized, but it's resized.
Use another image hosting site (I would recommend this one).   <- Click it.

Some gifs have effects applied to the sprites; are they just for showing how the animations in the char should be?
In the stun sprites you should have removed the stars from the actual sprites, and added as separate FX.

Also, what Xenomic said about proportions and shading (he stole my words XD).
But it's a nice contribution. :)
Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:50:36 am by Alex S.
#4  May 13, 2013, 12:27:41 am
yes definitely I'm really amateur on this. But I hope someone make good use of the sprites
#5  May 13, 2013, 05:24:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yah, if I was a fan of yuna I would be working in the character asap.
#6  May 13, 2013, 09:59:47 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I don't mind working on it after I finished my character wip later on.
#7  May 14, 2013, 12:37:59 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
id like to see rikku myself. but the thing you lack in besides shading is head design yuna has a football head. I can see potential here.
You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Star Fucker said:
Do you often run naked in the streets screaming "YOU STUPID ASS FAGGOT NIGGA BITCHES WHY YOU NO HELP ME WITH MY MATH HOMEWORK !!!!???!!!!"
Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:44:29 am by Laharl
#8  May 14, 2013, 11:56:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
heads are easier if you just copy paste from already existing characters and then modify the hair.
#9  May 14, 2013, 11:58:48 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm almost thinking that Yuri's head would kinda work for Yuna, no? To a degree, that is.