YesNoOk

PowerClash! (Read 2435 times)

Started by jailuis, November 23, 2009, 02:47:44 am
Share this topic:
PowerClash!
#1  November 23, 2009, 02:47:44 am
Ok, I want to create a game where PowerCrash is in like in DBZ BT(1,2,3)...If someone plz can help me with that i would really  appreciate it...some of the codes I need..well not the code, the StateController, i need could be helpful too
Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:03:00 pm by jailuis
Re: PowerCrash!
#2  November 23, 2009, 03:28:31 am
WTF is power crash
First, know exactly what it is you want to do. Describe what power crash does.
By the way, nobody is going to just give you the damn code with a snap of your fingers. We can help you set it up yourself, but we won't do it for you.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  November 23, 2009, 08:32:57 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Ok, I want to create a game where PowerCrash is in like in DBZ BT(1,2,3)...If someone plz can help me with that i would really  appreciate it...some of the codes I need..well not the code, the StateController, i need could be helpful too

Im assuming you mean a state thats like the effect you see in old Samurai showdown game. You clash sword attacks then you have to hit the
button rapidly to win over the other apponent?......A-La DBZ super energy power struggle tug of war?

In order for the expert coders here to help ya more effeciently you have to be more specific. Food for thought ;)
#4  November 23, 2009, 07:10:02 pm
yeah...that is...and BTW I didnt ask for a Code..I asked for the state controllers I may use..I KNOW nobody want to create a hudge code and someone steal it!
#5  November 23, 2009, 07:13:57 pm
    • USA
WTF is power crash
First, know exactly what it is you want to do. Describe what power crash does.
By the way, nobody is going to just give you the damn code with a snap of your fingers. We can help you set it up yourself, but we won't do it for you.
LOL, Byakko you are just too funny.
#6  November 23, 2009, 07:47:55 pm
ok, im gonna be more especifiq...

What I want to DO:

Its like on dbz when you shoot 2 KameHameHA at same time they clash and a minigame start, you need to press a button repeatly and the one that pushes the most wins...ok thats basicly what i want to do..

What I want YOU to tell me:

StateControllers that I may use to acomplish that...im not asking for a code...im asking for a way to do it..
#7  November 23, 2009, 07:58:26 pm
Count how many times you press the button using a varset / varadd, and see if you got more than the opponent.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  November 23, 2009, 08:00:17 pm
ok but how do I get the powers to clash??
#9  November 23, 2009, 08:03:20 pm
Use type = MagicButton with the parameter what = powercrash.
#10  November 23, 2009, 08:07:26 pm
-.-" that wasnt even funny...but what can I do if I DONT KNOW! i may use HitOverride Maybe..but maybe I dont, maybe I should create another state when NumHelperID is on a X distance...but I dont KNOW..IM SORRY, MY BAD..anything else that I missed?
#11  November 23, 2009, 08:09:54 pm
You're missing the fact that it's not just one state controller and that it's pretty much impossible to do on a normal Mugen because you need everyone to be compatible. You have to know that the enemy is doing this or that move, you have too know the distance between the two fireballs, you have to make a changestate for your helper while the opponent has detected it too and is doing the same, and then you can count how many times you hit the button, and you'll still have to know how many times the enemy did it.
That's why I said that the simplest way too do it is the magic button.
#12  November 23, 2009, 08:11:23 pm
Im doing it for a project...I DONT CARE if its not compatible with anyone...at least ONE of my chars (ma main one) may have it...I dont care if others chars do it...I want MINE to do it..

#13  November 23, 2009, 08:12:28 pm
Type = ChangeState.
#14  November 23, 2009, 08:14:37 pm
thats a simple state..but look...if I got 2 helpers, the ones that are going to crash...lets say they are 2 kiballs.. ok what do I need to do for them to clash? its hitoverride needed? do I need somehow to use the trigger NumHelperID....is there a way to dont use variables..(i dont know how to use them pretty good..if you got a tutorial it would be helful)
#15  November 23, 2009, 08:16:43 pm
TYPE = CHANGESTATE.
Hitoverride is also a possibility, yes, but in the end it's the same. One case detects when each attack hits, and the other detects when each attack gets hit. It's the same if booth hit at the same time.
.is there a way to dont use variables
No. Not if you want to count how many times you press the button to check if you did so more than the opponent.
#16  November 23, 2009, 08:18:51 pm
Thx I guess....I still dont gettit but I'll try to figure it out...(still confused about the need of variables)

BTW someone in here had a tutorial about sword clashes...it could help..do u know who was??
#17  November 23, 2009, 08:20:27 pm
A variable is a box in which you store a number to look at later.
Everytime you press the button, you add 1 to the value stored in the variable. Then when the clash ends,you look at how many times you pressed the button.
#18  November 23, 2009, 08:24:14 pm
I gettit more or less.....but in order to achieve what I want I would need something like this?:

[State 1018, end]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = p2stateno(x)
value = xxxx(state to change)
ctrl = 0 (1 or 0??)

New State:
 Here I will have the variables and both players in a state...then when both helpers are in 0,0 in distance start the press Button...when one player reach the variable to 10 for example, p2 helper will be destroyed and my helper will contiue on his way...its that more or less??????

#19  November 23, 2009, 09:17:26 pm
The helper changes state when it hits the other fireball.
ctrl = 0 (1 or 0??)
Do you know what ctrl does... ? You don't want the helper to be able to, like, walk when you press forward. You only need to detect when you press the button.
when one player reach the variable to 10 for example, p2 helper will be destroyed and my helper will contiue on his way
Yeah, but you can't tell the other helper to be destroyed. The other player needs to know when he has to destroy his helper.

The helper attacks, then comes into contact with the opponent's helper ; both helpers go into their own state where they clash and count the number of time you press the button ; when it's over, both look at how many times you pressed the button and compare (you'll already need to work to set up a system that will allow you to check the opponent's helper's variable, that's only possible in a full game). The one that wins go to the final part of the attack when it keeps going on, the other destroys itself.
#20  November 23, 2009, 09:19:19 pm
and with projectiles is it possible or at least eassier?? cause if u want I can show u the sistem in game...but the way to do it its what i cant find :S
#21  November 23, 2009, 09:22:54 pm
No. Projectiles can't change state and check variables and be interactive. Projectiles can only display an animation that can hit with a hitdef and a certain trajectory, once.
#22  November 23, 2009, 09:23:50 pm
ok..so I dont have ANY idea of HOWTHEHELL I will be able to do that...but thx anyway
#23  November 23, 2009, 09:25:26 pm
Well yeah, that's kinda what I was saying when I said you'd need a magic button and that it was pretty much impossible to do on a normal Mugen because you need everything to be compatible with each other.
#24  November 23, 2009, 09:27:22 pm
well maybe cause I dont want everything to be compatible with...I only want my char to do that..or at least him
#25  November 23, 2009, 09:28:17 pm
... Only your char ? With who ? You need two characters to do a fireball battle.
#26  November 23, 2009, 09:29:05 pm
u dont gettit -.- If mine is Gohan SSj2 and the other char is the same GohanSSj2...then they are the same char..my char -.-
#27  November 23, 2009, 09:31:48 pm
Well you can always first make sure that the opponent is the same character as yours. Then you can be sure that your projectile can enter the clash state at all. And you know the name and I of the helper, so you can check the value of its variable. That's doable the way I described it.
#28  November 23, 2009, 09:33:59 pm
when u mean check the variable u mean on debugmode?
#29  November 23, 2009, 10:28:47 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I think i just cheated when i did this. It was projectiles. All you did was fire off more of them when you pushed a button.

Each projectile could be "hit" and would disappear once it did, if you mashed, you fired extra ones that would hit instead. and the beam would keep going. That was the overall compatible method. You'd lose if the projectile you were up against had no clsn2 though.

So you have 1 projectile being created every 2 ticks, it's pretty short and does nothing special

You have another projectile, with all the same properties being created when command = "whatever"

You then hope you don't use up mugen's built in projectile limitation.

That's probably the simplest method for you at the moment. With more knowledge (like how to deal with helpers) you might be able to get a bit further on the other options.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#30  November 24, 2009, 02:31:45 am
Thx man...I know a bit about helpers..but not about controlling them...I use them as a striker or that stuff....Never like somethin I will control
#31  November 24, 2009, 03:53:32 am
Helpers are exactly the same thing as the character. to "control" them, you simply have to detect "parent,command" instead of just "command", so that helpers can check what command the player is inputting.
#32  December 01, 2009, 06:38:30 pm
first of all srry if I souldnt be reviving the post, but now that im learning a little more about variables I want you to, more or less explain me what way may I use....this is FOR A FULL GAME...so dont start with that "show" again -.-...well here is more or less a video about what I want to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaK6VjrjLy8

(look at min. 0.59 s)

so I guess there is a pause where the helpers (kiballs) are not there...then the only thing I figure out is that the set a variable, and the first one to get to an especified value wins...hope its more or less something like that
#33  December 01, 2009, 06:45:30 pm
Why would they not be there ? You just change the animation while they're clashing.
#34  December 01, 2009, 06:46:11 pm
I mean they are not paused xD
#35  December 01, 2009, 07:36:23 pm
but W/E I just want to achieve the crash...I guess I need to use variables..but what way? a varadd to let the helper know if he got to an especified value then he will broke p2 attack, but what is P2 is same of your char?? then I cant use a IsHelper or HelperId or W/E of this stuff...so  what may i use in that cases??? maybe I should say that I DONT WANNA do the custom states...the can crash right in their places without a need of putting them into another place at the corners and the helpers in the middle and that stuff...I only want it to crash
Re: PowerClash!
#36  December 01, 2009, 08:33:24 pm
but what is P2 is same of your char??
I dunno, what happens in DBZ games ? Wait until someone makes one more button push, or play Russian roulette and do it with random ?
maybe I should say that I DONT WANNA do the custom states...the can crash right in their places without a need of putting them into another place at the corners and the helpers in the middle and that stuff...I only want it to crash
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. You don't need anything other than what you need, and I told you what you need more than once in this topic.
#37  December 01, 2009, 08:34:49 pm
forget it -.- I found a tuto...not exacly for this...but I may find my way to gettit here
#38  December 03, 2009, 07:01:54 pm