YesNoOk

Hey y'all. I have a question... (Read 1064 times)

Started by totaln00b, July 14, 2018, 09:42:44 pm
Share this topic:
Hey y'all. I have a question...
#1  July 14, 2018, 09:42:44 pm
  • Some Party
    • USA
Hey it's been a while,

I really like the Helder character sprite and would like to make a depowered version of him. Basically, I just wanna turn him into a solid CVS Akuma instead of the Shin God Akuma EX that he already is.

My question is, am I better off trying to do a sprite swap of Helder and a CVS Akuma or is there possibly an easier way to edit variables like Helder's stupid speed and essentially nerf the Helder character to play like Akuma?

Thanks again!
Re: Hey y'all. I have a question...
#2  July 16, 2018, 10:40:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If I was going to try to do something like this, I dont know if I'd do it either way you're thinking.
What I would probably end up doing is getting a "normal" Akuma and I'd use replace all to change the hit sparks number and the sounds' number and then copy and paste each move into Helder. 1 at a time.
The main thing you might be able to easily edit is the CMD file.
You'll need to edit the [data], [size], [velocity], [movement] but I'd probably just copy and paste the other Akuma's values in there and see what I got.
You'll probably need to adjust the timing of your animations too. Especially if you do a copy paste job from the other Akuma. If things are set to go off at frame 5 of the animation and Helder's only say 9 tics, and Akuma's at 16, Even with the new Akuma stuff the move will still be fast as heck.

But I'd try slowing the animations down, and the CMD first. I know Shin Akuma has one of the fastest CLP's I've seen. Helder's probably the same way.
I'd say just edit him. Check the cns and see if things are set to go off using AnimElem(time/no) or time =. If it's AnimElem, your job will be half as hard if it's time. Because you'd have to edit the animation and the time = value to equal out.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv