YesNoOk

Silent Storm (Permission Was Granted) (Read 143131 times)

Started by DMX, June 17, 2008, 08:22:39 pm
By Silent Storm Edited by Fr33dom87 (Permission Was Granted)
#21  June 18, 2008, 01:05:08 am
    • UK
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#22  June 18, 2008, 01:06:44 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
So let's refresh this: Silent Storm (the creator) gave permission for a character whose coding and sprites were not made or ripped by him but by XCB and made for Tetsu, and he thinks it flies as fair permission because he created the Silent Storm concept.

I am reading that right, right?
#23  June 18, 2008, 01:12:28 am
It would appear so, unless I'm mistaken.  You could have always have your Mugen forensics team examine the characters in question KFM  :D
#24  June 18, 2008, 01:14:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
He has permission to use the name silent storm, this is obviously what counts  ;P

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#25  June 18, 2008, 01:15:20 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Poetic justice, I say. :wacko:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#26  June 18, 2008, 01:16:33 am
It would appear so, unless I'm mistaken.  You could have always have your Mugen forensics team examine the characters in question KFM  :D

Actually already did. A side by side comparison of the DNA coding files between this and Tetsu confirms they match identically to a T: while there were additions at the tail end, it's Tetsu's coding, no doubt about that. Not even coding order and file structure was changed.
#27  June 18, 2008, 01:22:23 am
  • 远 金
If SS is not the creator then who put this in the DEF ??? ??? ???
author ="Silent Storm, Edited by Fr33dom87"
Note: Edit is based on XCB's but this was originally made by SS.
Han Dynasty dragon I am who I am
Who don't like that go fuck yourself
#28  June 18, 2008, 01:23:33 am
Fr33dom87.
#29  June 18, 2008, 01:45:19 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
It's not stolen, it's a tribute.
#30  June 18, 2008, 04:55:58 am
  • back after 2 years..damn!?! i missed a LOT!!!!
christ......i have seen many versions of both chars...tetsuo...silent storm...ss ex...tet ex dark versions......i have no idea what the hell is going on with either of them..i thought they were shoto-clones and ss was the "evil/orochi/super/alternate/reverse negative/ anti partical...err..char." i am just confused....... ???
#31  June 18, 2008, 05:44:23 am
I'll make this really REALLY simple sheesh. I copywrited the likeness and theme of SS not the sprites. The sprites was just a temporary vessel for the idea. All anyone has done is redo the theme I really started. Doesnt matter if they reripped or reprogrammed it. It's still the same idea I freely allowed out to the public. So if they didn't want anyone to (NOT) use it they shouldn't of basically copied the idea over again I (FREELY)put in the public. So again stop drama queening this not a big deal.

As someone said its a tribute and I like it so enjoy it :)
#32  June 18, 2008, 07:37:59 am
The "likeness" of SS is based off those sprites. Especially given a significant of your "copyrighted character" is represented in the game's moveset options for the character? That is effectively saying you can claim a copyright on anything made from the game using that character's sprites.

So to get it up front, you gave 'permission' for the character as a whole and not just the likeness and name, am I understanding this right?

Oh and you missed the point of the tribute post, it's a bit of sarcasm that relates to Warner, but you weren't here for that fun bit anyway.
#33  June 18, 2008, 07:48:27 am
#34  June 18, 2008, 08:11:47 am
I'll make this really REALLY simple sheesh. I copywrited the likeness and theme of SS not the sprites. The sprites was just a temporary vessel for the idea.

Apparently you only read and quote what you want to. Here's some help for you (The sprites was just a temporary vessel for the idea.) Without the very idea thier be no SS to begin with. The likeness is of a young black man with the powers or wind and lightning. I can alter it anyway I see fit if i wanna alter golden axe sprites and call it SS. The idea is still mine no matter who comes after and redoes the sprites over and gives it new programming its still SS! I'm sure you have better things to do then be a forum drama queen KFM. It's not a good look really stop it.

DGJ

#35  June 18, 2008, 08:22:10 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
yo 'storm, good to see a face from back in the old days of mugen.  looks like controversy stills follows you around to this day, lol.  well, don't let it get you down and talk to you later

#36  June 18, 2008, 08:33:39 am
The idea is still mine no matter who comes after and redoes the sprites over and gives it new programming its still SS!

The question was simple: did you give Fr33dom permission to use the palette and character concept only, or XCB's work in that as well? Just a straight question that needs a straight answer.
#37  June 18, 2008, 10:41:49 am
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
* Ninno -29- enforces his sig!  :sugoi:
#38  June 18, 2008, 02:00:37 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
#39  June 18, 2008, 07:57:30 pm
The idea is still mine no matter who comes after and redoes the sprites over and gives it new programming its still SS!

The question was simple: did you give Fr33dom permission to use the palette and character concept only, or XCB's work in that as well? Just a straight question that needs a straight answer.

I approve this character I give full permission to anyone who wants to remake it. Because I made it to be shared to all. Not to be hidden in the corner of the internet for idiots to say I made my own you cant have it. That defeats the whole purpose of making it in the first place. It's fan fiction expression of a idea. Anyone me included who makes a mugen character is subject to it. And has no rights or laws to even say something we created and willingly upload to the net cannot be used unless its SOLD! Unless that happens you have NO rights or legal bearings. And even then if its sold unless you do what I did with the theme and likeness. You can't say or do anything and its not disrespecting you if people use it. Because in a court of law YOU yourself are guilty you uploaded it in the first place. I watched people get bitched out for years over some fictional law thats not even a real law. And that shit stops forever right now! People can quote me if you don't want your character used don't put him on the net. Put him on a cd flash drive or anything else not public. If someone else finds uses and ripps it apart don't come crying here or anywhere else.

Someone should give KFM a no posting for a week time out. He apparently has nothing better to do then try to keep this mugen cop bs up. Which long as I'm around is done and over with. So he might as well go eat some donuts and get over it.
#40  June 18, 2008, 08:38:45 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Because I made it to be shared to all.
Ok great, but the issue here is the part you DIDN'T make.