YesNoOk

Hakumen Beta (Read 57579 times)

Started by Speedy9199, June 30, 2010, 12:15:43 am
Share this topic:
Hakumen Beta
#1  June 30, 2010, 12:15:43 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm

BEFORE anyone comments about my character's attack priority, he has a weapon so it should have higher priority.

Please tell me any glitches and such about this character.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fwxntq
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:46:01 pm by Speedy9199
Re: Hakumen Beta
#2  June 30, 2010, 12:20:47 am
  • Recreation
Is hakumen accurate at all?
Does he still need to burn his star meter to win?
And most of all.....

ARE THE CLSN BLAZBLUE ACCURATE?
They better not be.
#3  June 30, 2010, 12:25:10 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
HAHAHA I agree. Once I get some time, I'm gonna test him out. Good job though!
I'm trying. . .
#4  June 30, 2010, 01:05:50 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
I'm not very big BB player, but I definitely tell you that this is not accurate to the source. It's sort of an arranged creation.

• Pressing the taunt button will reset Hakumen's idle stance
  • No sounds during his dash, backdash, air dash, jump, and a good number of attacks.
  • Speaking of dashes, you can't air dash back.
  • Collisions need a lot of touching up. For example, in Hakumen's idle stance, you have 4 seperate hitboxes: one for his torso and up, one for his legs and two hixboxes for his feet. You can easily reduce this to two hitboxes by having one hitbox encompass his his feet and legs.
  • Hakumen is unhitable during F+b
  • His counter super has him in his counter state for about 4 seconds. That is just way too long to be practical, since it leaves you wide open for your opponent to punish you with a throw.
  • His Lv2 Super will last an entire round. Put a timer on it. Also, don't have it affect supers.
  • His Lv3 Super comes out way too quickly. The attack hitbox comes out before Hakumen even swings his sword down. Either tone down the damage, range, or how fast the super is executed.
#5  June 30, 2010, 01:13:13 am
    • USA
I'm not very big BB player, but I definitely tell you that this is not accurate to the source. It's sort of an arranged creation.

• Pressing the taunt button will reset Hakumen's idle stance
  • No sounds during his dash, backdash, air dash, jump, and a good number of attacks.
  • Speaking of dashes, you can't air dash back.
  • Collisions need a lot of touching up. For example, in Hakumen's idle stance, you have 4 seperate hitboxes: one for his torso and up, one for his legs and two hixboxes for his feet. You can easily reduce this to two hitboxes by having one hitbox encompass his his feet and legs.
  • Hakumen is unhitable during F+b
  • His counter super has him in his counter state for about 4 seconds. That is just way too long to be practical, since it leaves you wide open for your opponent to punish you with a throw.
  • His Lv2 Super will last an entire round. Put a timer on it. Also, don't have it affect supers.
  • His Lv3 Super comes out way too quickly. The attack hitbox comes out before Hakumen even swings his sword down. Either tone down the damage, range, or how fast the super is executed.

Thx I 'll think about adding sounds and the other stuff you mentioned soon.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#6  July 02, 2010, 10:30:43 pm
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Portugal
Well he's a new beta, so no conplaints yet. For fun you could replace his sound effects with USA netweork Street Fighter Guile Quotes until the sounds are updated.
#7  July 02, 2010, 11:12:37 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Releasing a beta in this section is pointless. Its a WIP.  With such huge amounts of things that need to be fixed, why even bother releasing it other than to say, "Mine was the first"?

Have you even played the source game?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#8  July 02, 2010, 11:50:20 pm
    • USA
Releasing a beta in this section is pointless. Its a WIP.  With such huge amounts of things that need to be fixed, why even bother releasing it other than to say, "Mine was the first"?

Like...

Also I don't have to make the character accurate to Blaze Blue there were a few things Hakumen had that I didn't like in Blaze Blue.

#9  July 03, 2010, 01:58:14 am
    • USA
Updated link. Added 1 more super special thx to "Do not even ask" for giving me tips.

#10  July 03, 2010, 02:03:43 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

Except that Jin edit beat him to it by 3 months
#11  July 03, 2010, 03:09:30 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Also I don't have to make the character accurate to Blaze Blue there were a few things Hakumen had that I didn't like in Blaze Blue.
Apparently not.  You're not even spelling the name of the source game correctly.

Except that Jin edit beat him to it by 3 months
LOL First remotely accurate to game Hakumen.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:49:06 am by Hoshi
#12  July 03, 2010, 05:24:23 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
  • His taunt still resets his idle stance, his Lv2 still lasts an entire round and affects supers, collisions are the same.
  • His power charging "aura" is poorly looped.
  • As long as you're in the air, you can infinitely air dash either way.
  • His dizzy state is borked. He is completely invincible and is just one sprite.
  • He is completely invincible in his liedown state.
  • Why exactly is y itself designated as the grapple button? It sort of clutters up the gameplay by taking what I assume is intended to be a three button character and just giving them extraneous buttons. Making a+b grapple easily solves that. Pressing y itself won't grapple, but pressing forward or back and y will execute a throw. Why is it designed like that?
  • The Lv3 super counter is.... augh. First of all, an OHKO? Really? Next up is when it opponent is KOed they sort of hang in the air for a while. It's a little weird. This super also completely refills the power gauge if it connects. This one puts Haku in an even longer counter stance than his Lv1 counter.
  • In fact, the Lv1 and Lv3 Supers give back power (And specials, but I think that was sort of intended).

Also he works perfectly fine in Winmugen. I get that he's intended to be played in the 720p res, but this should probably be moved to the Your Releases, older Mugen board.
#13  July 05, 2010, 03:58:36 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Standing A and crouching A moves are missing clsn in the last frame.
No basic normal -> command cancels?
No overheads?  I was expecting F+b to be an overhead, but then if it was the speed on it would be unfair.
Portrait stinks.  It has a bad case of the jaggies.
Without the ability to cancel into specials, they're really bad, especially since they cost power to use.
Jumping B is missing a lot of collision boxes.
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:29:15 am by Insanius
#14  July 05, 2010, 10:06:33 pm
    • USA
Updated. Now has a simple AI.

#15  July 05, 2010, 10:12:49 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
I'd suggest focusing on squashing bugs and gameplay issues before focusing on an AI. Really, an AI should be the absolute last priority of your character.
#16  July 05, 2010, 10:23:43 pm
I loaded it up and now jump B doesn't even hit!
I looked at the code to see why, and now I feel the need to address a few things to you.

1. Ranges
[State 220, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
trigger2 = AnimElem = 4
trigger3 = AnimElem = 5
trigger4 = AnimElem = 6
trigger5 = AnimElem = 7
x = 8
y = 0
Could be replaced with
[State 220, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = AnimElem = [3,7]
x = 8
y = 0

2. Attributes
[State 220, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = SCA,NA,SA,HA,NP,SP,HP,NT,ST,HT
;value2 = S,NA
time = 29
Is the same as
[State 220, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = SCA,AA,AP,AT
;value2 = S,NA
time = 29

3. Scale
[State 650, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 5
anim = 11003
ID = 11003
pos = 36,27
postype = p1  ;p2,front,back,left,right
facing = 1
vfacing = 1
bindtime = -1
removetime = -2
supermove
pausemove
scale = .26,.26
sprpriority = 3
It is considered good practice to use constants wherever possible, especially when dealing with scale, as such:
[State 650, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 5
anim = 11003
ID = 11003
pos = 36,27
postype = p1  ;p2,front,back,left,right
facing = 1
vfacing = 1
bindtime = -1
removetime = -2
supermove
pausemove
scale = const(size.xscale),const(size.yscale)
sprpriority = 3
ignorehitpause = 1
This way if I wanted to have full HD and changed the scale to 1,1 it would not affect this.
Also, there is extraneous code everywhere, such as the supermove and pausemove in the code I just posted.  You should really remove things like that just in case.
#17  July 05, 2010, 10:47:43 pm
    • USA
I loaded it up and now jump B doesn't even hit!

--; fixed

At "Do not even asked" I changed/added/fixed all the things you mentioned on your previous post before I added the AI.

#18  July 05, 2010, 11:12:27 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Allow me to give you a feedback about your release:

- Invincibility frames in his back dash (ground and air version). And they last a lot, since the dash lasts a lot. And too many afterimages appear in the ground dash. Reduce the amount, or better yet, eliminate them.

- Invincibility frames for the F+b. Also, I think it should be unblockable if the opponent is crouching.

- Look at the spoilers. It's all about CLSN problems:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- Maybe you think that's good, but I don't really agree that swords have that kind of priority. Just commenting, since you clearly said you want that priorities to exist.

- You really don't need that many CLSN for the standing stance. Two or three may be enough.

- D,DB,B,D,DB,B,c does too much damage, exactly 500. And if you used D,DB,B,D,DB,B,b before, it does 750. Nerf this super now.

- Also, about the D,DB,B,D,DB,B,b super, you should make that the attack power is temporally increased, and not a permanent thing. Since the amount of damage it does after that is really big.

- Against the idea that you need 500 power to use specials. It's too bothersome.

That's all. You really have a long way to go to complete this character.
#19  July 05, 2010, 11:25:33 pm
The super takes 3000 meter and you can't combo into it.  It's fine.
#20  July 05, 2010, 11:29:44 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The super takes 3000 meter and you can't combo into it.  It's fine.

But 750 damage with the boost?! That's quite a big amount. And this attack is good for countering, since the red CLSN covers all the floor (nut not the sword, which btw this should be changed), and that allows a nice counterfor any projectile spammer. His combo system needs to be worked a little more too, since I still must figure how to do a simple combo. Thanks God you lose the attack boost if you won the round, because it would be quite brutal to see this attack.

Another thing, the taunt needs to be improved. It's like I accidentaly pressed the option to accelerate MUGEN.
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:36:25 pm by Nanashi_1337